Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

OMG now that I am in nerd mode I just remembered another precious gem from my childhood.

kq6boxart_2.jpg

RESCUE DAT PRINCESS AYBAYBAY

Sweetheart, Sierra games are nothing to feel nerdy about.

Kings Quest kicks rear.

You'll love the Gabriel Knight games. Another Sierra treasure.

while this game was beautifully done, especially for when it was made, it definitely lacked in the gameplay part. i thoroughly enjoyed it, but i'm still waiting for them to do a competent and awesome remake that is A) not shitty B) is just as awesome as the movie C) has malcolm mcdowell doing a voice (he voiced another classic cyberpunk game for playstation, though the name now escapes me...)

I can see what you mean. But such is the nature of the Adventure/mystery game. Like a third person Myst type genre. I prefer it in a lot of ways because you really have to think to get ahead in games like that. You can't just run around mindlessly. It's very stimulating in that way. That game had more atmosphere than a roman bathhouse. Adventure games are coming back, though. They died off for a while, but people want to think again.

jet, it's funny you mention that cause we all know what sierra in association with vivendi and westwood yielded...

half_life.jpg

my favorite, but there are plenty of close seconds...

Sierra just rocks period. Again, the Gabriel Knight trilogy games were SO good and charming. The second one's cinematic technique is dated, but the first and third are still very enjoyable. If you can get passed it's more tedious elements, the second is really good too.

PS- Anybody up for some Half-Life 1 TEAM FORTRESS!?

I WILL SNIPE THE FUCK OUT OF ANYBODY THAT TAINTS MY LAND.

I can see what you mean. But such is the nature of the Adventure/mystery game. Like a third person Myst type genre. I prefer it in a lot of ways because you really have to think to get ahead in games like that. You can't just run around mindlessly. It's very stimulating in that way. That game had more atmosphere than a roman bathhouse.

true, but atmosphere doesn't necessarily make up for stimulating gameplay :(

im hoping they make a Source based remake so i can get it on Steam

BTW: on that tip, anyone here run Bootcamp on their Mac's? i'm wondering if i get it when i get my Macbook Pro i'll be able to play CS or related games... anyone?

3c8cca4e.jpg

this is fucking awesome, just donwloaded the demo on the website and i am considering buying the full version, the game looks really interesting and the whole design is very well executed, specially for the time it was made

BTW: on that tip, anyone here run Bootcamp on their Mac's? i'm wondering if i get it when i get my Macbook Pro i'll be able to play CS or related games... anyone?

I do, and you definitely can. Only thing that's been messing up is CoD 4 just recently only opens to a black screen - it's worked fine for fucking weeks but now I can't get the thing to run, no patch nor re-install will solve this problem. I get the feeling it's general XP issues rather than something related to Bootcamp, however.

(and here I was, like 22 headshots from a golden dragunov...)

true, but atmosphere doesn't necessarily make up for stimulating gameplay :(

im hoping they make a Source based remake so i can get it on Steam

Wait, does Team Fortress 1 still work?

UO was god.

Wish I hadn't neg'd JetleNoir, that deserves a plusrep.

Wanna clan up?

There was a game for snes that I'm sure was the same setting as another world, not sure if it was the same name... I played that shit tons

EDIT: "Out of this world"

Oh and I was fucking terrible at it, couldn't get past the 3 third level/scenario.

EDIT2: Perhaps this was just the same game altogether...Oh well, it kicked ass.

fukking so bored of sitting at soongs house. I came over here to get high and i have just been fukking sitting at a computer blogging for like an hour....what a ridiculouz way to wind downt he afternoon. Long days before summatime