Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

yes but the second pic has much more authenticity and swagger. The Kanye ICFP pic is like Halloween, except those dudes takin themselves dead serious and that's the sad part.

on second thought, yeah Kanye is a bit confusing, and not in the good Bob Dylan way. The guy has proclamations of grandeur and associating himself with the phrase "rock star" over rap star...yet he kowtows in front of all the appropriate authorities (Beanie Sigel, Marc Jacobs, Raf Simons). You can't shoot your load and eat one too.

To think this was the guy that got me interested in "fashion" in the first place. smh @ this fraudulent motherfucker

To think this was the guy that got me interested in "fashion" in the first place. smh @ this fraudulent motherfucker

4 real? i find this hard to believe. at what point of his career did he get you into shit?

well growing up my parents always tryin to get me to take getting dressed more seriously, i did not have much interest in it and just wore whatever they threw my way.

then around april 2004, end of freshman year at UM i walked over to Borders one day and started reading Complex Mag (where he had that fashion beatdowns column) and GQ (where i first learned about Hedi Slimane), and then I signed up for TFS and wanted to learn more about clothes. But yeah that coincided with the time i was bumpin College Dropout and his other mixtapes pretty heavy so you can say that was the turning point.

not to toot my own horn, but i can't help but think i (and probably a lot of even his supporters on here and elsewhere) have left the dude in the dust. All the brands he has been hyping, he is late as fuck to the party, the guy doesn't set trends anymore.

well growing up my parents always tryin to get me to take getting dressed more seriously, i did not have much interest in it and just wore whatever they threw my way.

then around april 2004, end of freshman year at UM i walked over to Borders one day and started reading Complex Mag (where he had that fashion beatdowns column) and GQ (where i first learned about Hedi Slimane), and then I signed up for TFS and wanted to learn more about clothes. But yeah that coincided with the time i was bumpin College Dropout and his other mixtapes pretty heavy so you can say that was the turning point.

not to toot my own horn, but i can't help but think i (and probably a lot of even his supporters on here and elsewhere) have left the dude in the dust. All the brands he has been hyping, he is late as fuck to the party, the guy doesn't set trends anymore.

my first experiences with him and his fashion interests was also complex. i thought was wack for wearing paper, denim, cloth and actually attempting tongues out with those flares. oh and he wore g-shock years after it died in japan (this was b4 he even had record).

yeah in retrospect that shit he was on from 2004-2006 was pretty wack. The versace tie dye/PS striped shirt/paper denims/nike laser forces and some of his other fits in that era have aged worse than Edison Chen looks from the same period. The euro trash YSL/Gucci whoring phase also looks pretty awkward now. I guess you can say he's improved, but so has everybody else, and probably by a much more exponential degree.