Newbie here, I have some questions about Edwins I am going to post on Ebay

megcoss

Hey, I have 2 pair of Edwins and I want to be accurate before I post on Ebay so here I am. Pair #1 is : (back tag)-Edwin Miss 505xx (inside tag)-Sanforized Shrunk style 505. They have a selvedge under the hem that is pinkish thread on both sides. They are worn in nicely and are soft.

Pair # 2 on the other hand is much darker, stiffer and look like they have never been washed or maybe even worn. The back leather thing says Miss 503 and the inside tag is red and also says 503. The odder thing about this pair is that the size tag is in cm. W66, H93 (30). I don't see a selvedge on these like on the others. I don't think there is one, but again I'm really only familiar with the Big E selvedge. Here are my questions: Can I assume they are both manufactured in Japan, how can I tell how old they are, the zipper pull says edwin, is that something that should be put in the description and finally is one, in your opinion, more valuable than the other, and any minimun bid suggestions would be great. Sorry about the length. I'm in the shoe business, this is a little new to me. tia

it's hard to say for sure without seeing pics, but they are from the japanese Edwin line (I'm not 100% sure it's manufactured in japan though, but i think they should). the 505 line is selvedge while the 503 is not so no problem there. the jeans are not really expensive in japan (80-110% new) so i don't know how much you'd be able to get.

Sorry they wouldn't upload onto this site, even after resizing. Anyway I went ahead and posted these. Let me know if you think the description should be revised, you guys seem like the autorities on all things denim. Here are the item #'s from ebay.

150079229661(sandorized)

150079234217(dark ones with size in centimeters)

Thanks again.

megcoss - Kasper is right. only the 505 line in Japan is Selvage. the 503 line is not. however, these lines are available all across Asia and many are NOT made in Japan.

if the white tag inside the jeans says Edwin International, they're most likely not made in Japan. the white tag inside should tell you where they are made. the characters on the tag of your ebay post are a bit fuzzy so i can't make them out.