Loose Gauge, soy/wool hand knit slouchy beanies

chim

Hey guys, my mom recently knit a slouchy beanie for me and it turned out so amazing that I figured some of you might want one. The material used is a 70% wool 30% soy yarn, and my mom perfected the slouchy beanie cut. It's oversized and flops beautifully.

Here is a picture of the loose gauge knit.

dsc05223iw6.jpg

Here is a picture of the top of the beanie. She uses a circular knit that looks really great slouched. This is a detail that I have never seen in any other beanies.

dsc05224qu4.jpg

Frontal fit

dsc05225dd3.jpg

Side view

slouchysz0.jpg

This is TOTALLY handmade, and it takes my mom a couple of hours to make. Given that she isn't a beanie machine, there will be a little turn around time, and I'll give you an ETA on its completion. A turn around time of 2-3 days of construction isn't unusual. I think they're totally worth it, and I've owned tons of beanies.

The soy/wool material is very soft, and because its SO loose gauge it keeps your head warm but is also perfectly viable in 70 degree weather because of the breathability.

Colors are random, but if you want a solid color (such as black) you can let me know and I'll try to hunt down the yarn for you.

60 dollars shipped, and i'll fill every order in the order that I get paypaled.

So if you guys are interested in your very own Dior Momme beanie, lemme know!

It takes a long time to make one of these, so I'm in no hurry to give them out to superfuture. I think that you will be impressed by the quality and fit of these beanies. I already have a couple orders, and I think that in one or two more orders im going to have to close off the thread so that I can make sure everybody gets what they want.

hey guys, custom orders will have to be halted for the moment as the high quality wools we use are currently not available to us. I'll keep you posted when the custom orders are back in action.

For now, keep an eye out for some more beanies that will be made from existing materials. The above overstock beanie is now available at a reduced price of 45 shipped for those of you who want to sample the goods.

Thanks for the orders guys!

PS. All orders have been finished and shipped out. Please post when you get them and lemme know how it turns out!

beaniesnt2.jpg

hey guys! sorry i haven't been checking this thread, but my mom has been pretty busy lately and hasn't felt like working on any beanies. However, today she bestowed me with this new blue she found. It's a gorgeous light blue, with an amazing color.

beaniesnt2.jpg

There's also a picture of a black one for all of you curious about the beanies, that one has been sold however.

Let me know if I can do anything for you! These beanies are fantastic for all weather, and looks very distinct. Always generates tons of compliments.

Hi, I do believe my mom can do a tighter knit but it looses alot of it's shape and won't be floppy anymore.

I find that the current knit is the best for beanies, as it's really distinct and it gives your head a lot of breathability. I've been able to wear them in 70 degree weather with no sweating whatsoever, plus it looks really cool. Also because of it's looser gauge knit, whenever you take your beanie off you don't get hat hair.

Take a chance!