An SDA special edition?

tweeds

not the one that poly posted...

i went into a denim shop in bangkok and found this queer looking pair of SDA jeans. there are three different versions of the same model, with either yellow, red or blue arcuates. they fit very much like a 01 series i think, not as narrow as the 03 cut. any ideas what they might have been?

just in case anyone's going to ask, the shop's for real...it's a hole in the wall, but it's got goodly amounts of heaven in there. like a full range of Yamane jeans, and photos of mr yamane himself with the owners, and then signing some evisus.

nice one, Roland! thanks. :)

which did you get in the end?

while the construction on this pair is, like the other SDAs pretty nice, the coloured arcuates didn't really do much for me - and then there's the fact that in bangkok you can't get anything under a size 32. and nobody sells slim cuts (or holds such a small stock that they disappear quickly).

poly - i like the word queer, actually. really nice lilt to it...pity about the associations in the modern context.

• 2 months later...

tweedlesinpink, I realize this is well after the fact, but where was the shop in question in Bangkok? The only one I'd found via SF was Denim Style (I think) in Siam Square, and it didn't really have a lot there when I visited. The lady at the counter told me most of their stock was traded in from people going to and fro from Japan, which explains why there was a few pairs of 'almost new' jeans.

tweedlesinpink, I realize this is well after the fact, but where was the shop in question in Bangkok? The only one I'd found via SF was Denim Style (I think) in Siam Square, and it didn't really have a lot there when I visited. The lady at the counter told me most of their stock was traded in from people going to and fro from Japan, which explains why there was a few pairs of 'almost new' jeans.

Largo, the store is a little hole-in-the-wall in MBK center. located on the ground floor, near the supermarket but further down the mall. look for the backpockets, you'll find evisu (common sight in MBK), yamane (not a common sight in MBK), skull, SDA (definitely not a common sight), bs united oni, and some others that i don't recall offhand. the store has a huge stock of evisu and yamane, because the owners are friends with hidehiko yamane i think. there are autographs and photos on the walls of this 3m x 3m space, as well as autographed evisus.

don't quote me on this, but while i was walking around siam square before i crossed over to MBK i asked a few stores about denim shops. and one of them called out denim style in terms of authenticity...apparently their evisu is a bit sketchy. i didn't go back to take a closer look (no time), but perhaps someone else visiting could examine further.

Sweet news! Thanks for the heads up, I'll head there on the weekend. It certainly sounds more promising than Denim Style. The staff at DS was pretty nice, but the pickings were slim. 2 pairs of used Samurai 5000VX, a Warehouse model (new) I didn't recognize, a pair of Real McCoy, a pair of Skulls 5010xx, and some SugarCanes '47s. The other half of the store was largely Evisu stuff so it wouldn't surprise me (especially in BKK) to see some fakes there. Oh yeah, and strangely, a lot of very loud Hawaiian shirts. Go figure.

Analyst, i don't remember the name--i'm not sure it had a name, or maybe i didn't notice?--but the directions should roughly get you there. you know how parallel to the "Tops" supermarket in MBK there's a corridor with a wall on one side, and these little shops on the other? head down the corridor, past the bend, and the store's in one of the perpendicular aisles.

quick photo of one of the shop corners (plus one of the many autographed photos):

444764516_1aa18923eb_o.jpg

SDAs that i mentioned in the original post

444770221_9b858e182f_o.jpg

• 5 months later...