new project: Slubiest denim

nshadows1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Berget__
There is oni blue/red ($225), oni vedge blue/red (same as others but natural indigo, $250), and the oni 19oz ($550). Oni Vedge and the new limited edition 19 oz ones are different.

Are you sure that the vedge denim is natural indigo? It says Pure indigo on the BiG site.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=59&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

i often wondered what real diff between oni and oni-vedge was.. considering such a small price diff. i like the selvedge on the pockets though.. and it has a diff label.

the pbj puts me off because of having such small crotch area. i need to be able to breathe!

oni-vedge is synthetic indigo. the "vedge" part refers to the selvage arcuate on the pockets, i think--as in, "selvedge". not as in "veggie" indigo.

there are a few options for very slubby denim. but i think fit, weight, wear, and price are just as important if not more important.

another option for slubby are warehouse duckdiggers. they are pretty slubby after one wash.

also, the texas cotton samurai S0500XX Limited Edition. that's a really slubby jean, but good luck finding it now.

also, don't forget about the old standby's, the sugarcane satokibi's. the okinawas, edo-ai's and especially the hawaii's are really slubby.

i wouldn't get caught up so much on slubiness, there are many options, so other factors should be considered.

The denim on all of the cheaper PBJs (XX-003/XX-004/XX-005) is the same. The XX-006 is no slubby, so don't look at that one. I believe the denim on the Oni's is the same too, so just pick whichever fit works for you.

XX-005 for skinny low rise

XX-004 for skinny boot cut

Oni Blue/XX-003 for regular

Oni Red for relaxed

All available at www.blueingreensoho.com

I think the 005 and 006 are made of the same denim. I didnt see any obvious differences last time I was at BiG

I think the 005 and 006 are made of the same denim. I didnt see any obvious differences last time I was at BiG

I could be wrong again, haven't seen them in person. Just going by the pics and what I thought I read around here :P Miz?

CMF: the S0500XX limited editions are really slubby. but the thing that sets them apart is the short fibers which give them that hairy, almost spotted look--the oni's and the pbj's don't have this. the denim on the S0500XX limited editions is very special indeed. i hope samurai makes more with that type of texas cotton denim.

PG2G: the 005 and the 006 have completely different denim--the 006 has a lighter color and is less slubby. however, it wears superbly, producing a beautiful range of colors and shades over time. in fact, if they made a 005 with the same denim as the 006, i would get it instantly.

How about weft slub?

DSC00376b.jpg

DSC00379b.jpg

I'm waiting for one of the Japanese labels to have really slubby warp and weft threads! :D And to come back to the original question, if it's slubby + reasonably priced, to me there is only one choice - Warehouse 1950 or 1930 Duckdiggers, just over $200 at BIG. As Ringring has said numerous times the denim is just awesome.

• 3 months later...

from personal experience, oni denim is the slubbiest denim ive ever laid eyes or hands on. the limited edition 190z. are to me nothing but slubs. these are my fantasy fetish pair for right now. as soon as i get the funds...