Compact Cameras

homme.homme

Looking to buy a new digital cam. I want something small but really up there with picture quality. Considering Samsung NV10 and Panasonic Lumix LX2. I would love a leica but cost is a bit to high.

Any user info on these camera or recomendations of other models would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want small, or supersmall? I like the A710 IS, small, but not supersmall.

I want a bit smaller then that. I dont want to impose on quality but the smaller it is the more likely I'm going to take it with me and get the most use out of it...

djrajio: i like the size of the IXY but the screen size is tiny! also read a few reviews stating the speed of the cam is pretty slow.

canon ixus65
go with any of the canon elph series. they are built like tanks. sony's that ive had... as well as my friends... have had malfuntions. bleh!

Friends of mine have that ixus you mentioned and are all happy with it... problem is then my camera isnt unique! Stupid excuse i know.

I have heard the same problems about older Sony cams but the Sony DSCN2 seems pretty awesome. I like the idea of touch screen! and i really want a 2.5-3 LCD.

• 3 months later...

the only difference between the leica and the panisonics is the name leica on the whole camera instead of just the lens i have on of the smaller ones from the panisonic lumix but i can't remember the name right now but is great. small light nice quality