what are you watching today?

red

right-stuff-DVDcover.jpg

i bought it on dvd the day before yesterday. i opened the package, and surprise, no film dvd, only bonus disc. i had to come back to the store to get one with the film...

kemonozume.jpg

Kemonozume:

Just saw the first episode - a friend downloaded the series along with Masaaki Yuasa's Mindgame and passed it to me a year back... never did opened them till today, heh.

tpotn.jpg

Andrzej Żuławski is one of the true mavericks of European cinema and his wild, imaginative and unique films have won awards at many international film festivals over the years. A nightmarish and surreal masterpiece, The Third Part of the Night is his highly influential debut feature film. Set during the time of the Nazi-occupation of Poland and rich with multilayered symbolism and apocalyptic imagery, it shows one of Europe's most uncompromising and visionary directors at his best.

Considered to be one of the best Polish films of the 1970s, this is its first-ever release on DVD anywhere in the world.

The Third Part Of The Night by Andrzej Żuławski, 1971

A film with haunting energy and momentum, recurring images of deaths, blurred dreams, and doppelgangers.

BUY IT and support Second Run ! (no personal affiliation)