Kris Van Assche

moklas

i like it

i get diorish vibes without sticking to the dior stereotype of super skinny heroin chic.

I agree. I like a lot of Dior, but there's no way I can fit in it. Looks like I could get into some oh KVA's pieces.

ive just recently returned to the world of the paid people after a few years abroad living on nada dollars. so whats "new" for me has probably been around for a while but im crawling my way back into the game :D . made no sense to even look at clothes earlier as it would have been the eq of putting a starving african kid in a glass box at pizza hut...

its also very hard to find inspiration and new interesting brands where im at now so the internet is my umbilical cord for this essentially. im glad for any pointers in the same direction as KvN, as the rebuilding of my wardrobe continues..

kva isn't new no, but he isn't on everyone's lips either.

THe 2 pics you posted were from his debut fall 05? If I remember correctly.

I liked spring06 but the subsequent seasons werent terribly impresive. fall06 and spring07 . speaking only of runway which is all I've seen

spring06

kva2.jpg

kVA.jpg

I really wanted that henley and the espedrilles.

He makes the coolest 3 piece suits too.

so what would you say is pushing it atm? im not after elitist stuff but more different pieces with more unique details/features. im seeing most labels over and over as they reach a popularity and its easy to get stuck in that track :P favourite tracks atm consist of visvim, head porter +, neighborhood (jeans), duffer of the st george, ubkj etc.

oh yeah, my pics might have been previous seasons. does anyone here actually own a piece or two and can let us know what the hands on is like? only one ive seen so far is a guy that wears the shirt with the tie sewn on to the side. scooting off to london in january and hoping to check it out there, it'll probably give my wallet a cardiac arrest though..

40g12ir.jpg

not a great picture of it, but it'll have to do. its a shawl collar blazer - but the collar is twisted at the back of the neck so only one side of the blazer has a lapel (on the other side the lapel is folded on the inside as you can kind of see. i thought it was gimmicky at first but it actually works well. i had the sleeves shortened to it fits even better now.

not a great picture of it, but it'll have to do. its a shawl collar blazer - but the collar is twisted at the back of the neck so only one side of the blazer has a lapel (on the other side the lapel is folded on the inside as you can kind of see. i thought it was gimmicky at first but it actually works well. i had the sleeves shortened to it fits even better now.

by the description it sounds pretty fly, a tad hard to see on the pic. what did you fork out for it?

• 9 months later...