camera bags

xcoldricex

I remember seeing pics of this really nice vintage leather camera bag some guy picked up at a thrift store in here. It looked like any other leather messenger bag, very discreet. Ever since i saw those pics i've been looking really hard for one, still no luck.

I don't know about you guys, but the first thing i see a crumpler bag is that guy must be carrying an SLR.

^^Yeah, that Zing seems usefull. It's been brought up a few other photog forums. People liked the idea about it and I saw overall positive testimonials from users. One person said that it's blackness makes it easy to look invisible even if your backpack is open.

Oh and vitaminian do you do alot of candid shots? I find that I've been keeping my point and shoot digi handy for those type of moments... wish I could be more brave with shooting my slr.

Oh and vitaminian do you do alot of candid shots? I find that I've been keeping my point and shoot digi handy for those type of moments... wish I could be more brave with shooting my slr.

Indeed, my camera is a small Leica screwmount which enables me to take pictures quite quickly. I also preset the lens for an aperture/distance and thus just have to look through the viewfinder--not dissimilar to this setup:

1.jpg

• 8 months later...

withyourhelp.jpg

no dslr for me...so this bag suits...fits my camera and a travel tripod....a dslr would fit no problem and there are bigger bags in the maxpedition versipack series...

i have it in black and removed the labels...looks like a gear bag so not so stealth...well except that the concealed weapon carry pocket/modular holster accessory could hold a surprise if one was so inclined...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I use a Lowepro Phototrekker AWII to hold all my gear. Its a bit big and a bit heavy..50lb'ish w/ everything I normally take on a day cruise w/ all the buddies on the bmx bike. However, I also use a Lowepro Reporter as a small shoulder bag when just walking around if I am shooting w/ one camera one lens, etc.

nice, you could fit a digital camera in it maybe?

I just throw mine in a backpack usually with a towel, a bottle of water, and an apple.

the billingham hadley's look decent, but id prefer all leather.

i was looking at leather square-ish (i like the style) & nonsquare-ish bags on ebay, with belt(s) that secure the flap. Where can i find some to purchase in nyc maybe or online?

id like the bag to be not too bag and not too thick. I only need enough room to store up to 2 lenses, my phone, and my ipod. If im not using it to carry the 2 lenses, i'd want to be able to use it to carry my everything things and a little junk.

I just got a Domke F-3x in the mail, i like the size and fit but am worried about the unlined interior and lack of padding. This particular bag has zero outside padding, and the interior is just rough canvas. I have a D80 18-135 and a 55-200 that i throw in there, along with a prime lens. Im worried about the roughness of the bag putting unnecessary wear on my gear. I know a lot of you guys are Domke users, anybody have any opinions on that?

I'm contemplating returning this for a Crumpler 5 or 6 million dollar home.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a Domke F-3x in the mail, i like the size and fit but am worried about the unlined interior and lack of padding. This particular bag has zero outside padding, and the interior is just rough canvas. I have a D80 18-135 and a 55-200 that i throw in there, along with a prime lens. Im worried about the roughness of the bag putting unnecessary wear on my gear. I know a lot of you guys are Domke users, anybody have any opinions on that?

I'm contemplating returning this for a Crumpler 5 or 6 million dollar home.

If it has no interior padding at all I presume you've got one without the inserts/dividers. You can buy them separately, and I would suggest you do to save your gear from knocks.

yeah, only certain bags come with padded compartments. i tried out the f3x but when i actually put in the "grab and shoot" compartment (http://www.adorama.com/DMFA210.html), it was too small for padded compartments for lenses.

the f4f is perfect size for that compartment and a double lens compartment (and comes with them included). from the outside, it doesn't look much bigger than the f3x

the f4Af is perfect size for that compartment and a double lens compartment (and comes with them included). from the outside, it doesn't look much bigger than the f3x

Fixed it for ya...and agreed- I have an F4AF and it's a really handy size bag

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the Domke F-6 today as a birthday gift from my gf.

Really great bag, comes pretty close to being perfect, easy access to all my stuff, and i love the canvas low profile look of it.

I could easily pack my DSLR (lens attached) along with 4 lenses and a flash in the main compartment.

• 2 years later...