camera bags

xcoldricex

Crumpler makes some good bags, I got the 4 million home bag from a guy here on superfuture, I use that to carry my camera around town, but it only fits the SLR and one lens, can't even fit a flash in there. I can kindda fit my wallet and my cellphone in there too so it's pretty good for hauling my camera around in the city.

I have a Tamrac backpack that fits pretty much all my portable photo gears + my 15" powerbook... it screams CAMERA BAG but it's great if I need all my gear with me... Not sure what the exact model is but it is similar to this one.

domke makes classy looking canvas camera bags. i want the f-2 in olive.

700-02S_F-2_OrigBag_Lg.jpg

or try a vintage shop for a leather hard case.

or buy an SLR case that will fit just the body and one medium sized lens, and stick it in whatever bag you happen to be carrying. i do this most days, but it's useless if you're on a shoot and having to switch equipment all the time.

mostly, however, being a photographer means being doomed to life of horrible style.

Photographer%20Vest.jpeg

unless you're carl.

http://www.tamrac.com/5746.htm

5746_model_back.jpg

Tamrac Velocity 6. I especially love the fashionable pics they provide. But their Velocity series has a nice range from super small to larger shoulder strap bags that rotate forward when you need to use your camera.

The 6 holds a dSLR (w/o grip) with attached lens and one small spare lens. Good for day-to-day carrying around if you want to snap pics throughout.

I have a Crumpler Next Venue that I've been using for the last 3-4 years, which I bought even before I got my SLR. It's beautifully padded (more than necessarily so) and I've even removed some internal padding and structure so it's less fat. I run lean on my gear (D70, 35mm F/2, Kit 18-70mm, Flash) and I can stash my huge wallet, a spare Tee, and my secret compartment is empty and willing.

This setup is great, but if I had to redo it, I wouldn't go this route. I'd probably get a close-fitting SLR bag and perhaps individual padded lens sleeves for the different accessories, and dump it all into a larger non-camera bag.

It'd be cheaper (paid about $300+ for the bag + shipping from .au) and way more versatile. As it is, I can't shove a jacket or lunch in the bag, and I'm finding that I really don't want to haul everything around all the time (don't need outboard flash when I'm shooting in bright daylight, won't need a zoom lens if I'm playing peoplewatcher with my 50mm or 35mm).

• 1 month later...
It's pretty cool but I don't know if it'd house anything more than a large point-n-shoot...

I'm still getting the lomo sidekick though when I buy my dslr because I plan on only having one or two lenses to carry with me.

I think I'm going to invest in a sidekick too. The grey canvas lite one.

• 3 months later...

sup all... I found a camera bag.

I hated everything that showed up on google when I typed in camera bags (specifically for dslr). I wasn't feeling the super expensive top of the line bags from billingham (.com) or even the domke or national geographic bags. I wanted a bag that was meant to store my camera in all the time, but looked somewhat sophisticated and/or low profile.

I have a 2-part solution. Part one is simple, just wrap the current cam in padding/towel while carrying it in one of my backpacs or messenger bags for long hauls and uber-discretion.

For the days where I'm gonna seriously shoot and look the part I found this:

476547578_dcff785839.jpg

476557953_fd35bb0c1d.jpg

476557941_bd77bf4d99.jpg

This sucker practically landed in my lap one day. I found out my dad bought an old slr and case from a garage sale and this sucker is pretty classy. Just have to clean up the dust/dirt inside and add some pads and I'm good to go.

if your low on cash get an army surplus bag and sew a towel into it. i gotta a bag that holds my 20d with lens on it plus a pocket for another lens and a pocket for accessories for around 10 bucks. plus it doesn't look like a camera bag, it looks like shit so its less likley to get stolen

this is the camera bag I have here which was passed down from my dad. It looks mighty goofy on your back so I don't use it much, and I just put my SLR in my regular backpack most of the time. Still, it's a useful bag, fits two or 3 decent sized lenses as well. The brand is Lowepro.

n2419124_31339134_5107.jpg