California..

knucks

I want to take a trip to Cali in late February/early march. Where should I go? I have never been to california before, but so far I have only thought of San Fran to hit up Self Edge...

Where to go to get to the best stores for denim/streetwear/shoes(Nikes, etc)

I want to take a trip to Cali in late February/early march. Where should I go? I have never been to california before, but so far I have only thought of San Fran to hit up Self Edge...

Where to go to get to the best stores for denim/streetwear/shoes(Nikes, etc)

Are you American? If not, just remember that California is a damn big place and getting from one place to another can take over 12 hours.

I only mention this because alot of my European friends who want to come over tell me that they have 6 days and they want to try and see San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas (I know...Nevada) all in one trip. As a longtime LA resident myself I can tell you that San Francisco has alot more to offer tourists. It has been voted the #1 vacation city in the U.S. for 16 years in a row.

There are things that you'de hate to miss in both cities. I can tell you though that San Francisco is easier to get around, there is less of a douche factor and the food and scenery is amazing, plus Napa is right around the corner. Los Angeles has more high end shopping so if your looking to pick up some LV, DH, D&G, MJ, a Ferrari as well as some Supreme and a handfull of killer sneakers in a single afternoon this is the place to be. Los Angeles has amazing food as well if you know where to look, and the scenery here is equally fierce. The Douche factor and the traffic are killer, but you can even equate that into the scenery.

Do your homework before you come out. You'll have a much better time if you can plan out entire days. And if you "Mapquest" anything in Los Angles, take that "estimated time" and double it.

Go to SF. It is the best city in the US IMHO.

Whateva. LA rocks! Norcal vs Socal has always been highly debated amongst my friends from down south and up north as both regions have their vantage points.

In any event, both cities are MUCH better than San Diego.

You really need to map out a schedule should you wish to come to Cali. If your traveling by plane (within Cali borders), its possible to hit both LA and San Fran within a 10-day wingspan for all your shopping/eating/tourist needs given that you have a car in LA and know someone or somebody to guide you through. I recall a previous thread about what to do in LA for a week, so try the SEARCH button and if that's too hard, I'm sure the members on this board will be nice enough to hook you up with some spots.

I'd really reccomend SF if you're visiting. As mentioned before, it probably the easiest city to get around in CA. Lots more tourist things to do in one are unlike socal. LA does have alot of things to do and better shopping, but you really do need a car to get around. All the shops and attractions are scattered around LA up to a 40 mile radius.

The food in LA is horrid but shopping is outstanding. SF is the other way around - wankers dress like bums and spend all their $$$ on fancy chow and mortgages and as a result we have no descent shoe stores uphere. Sad.

I live in SoCal as well (Huntington Beach) and I too would recommend SF. I lived in NorCal for a good part of my life and I loved being close to SF. There is so much to see and do there you'll be busy the whole time. The food I would say is equally good between LA and SF, only SF offers some things that are different such as a REALLY GOOD calm chowder bowl at fisherman's wharf. Meanwhile LA has a lot of upscale dining and a rather eclectic choice for restaurants.

LA and SF both have great shopping opportunities. LA you might have to drive around a little bit more to get to some stores, but there are a whole hell of a lot. SF has all of Union Square to offer with some of the same high end stores that LA has.

Wine tasting in Napa would be fun as well as it is close to SF. You could check out the zoo there as well, as it is one of the biggest in the US. (I haven't been there since I was a kid though.)

Have fun.