what non-denim things do you collect?

ok, here goes...

pocket knives

western shirts (both vintage and new)

comics (uncanny, amazing)

denim (love me some lvc)

wall crosses

CD's (thinking about going vinyl - any advice concerning this is more than welcome)

t-shirts

boots (currently own 2 harness, 3 western)

and...

tattoos

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-yoyos (i have hundreds, i've never actually counted.. http://www.anti-yo.com

-Eyewear

-Hotel room keys (i'd say i've got near 225 now, i travel constantly)

-"Do Not Disturb" hangtags from hotels (probably near 200)

-Artisan Beers (i have a cellar. and yes, you can age beer...)

Yo-Yos (A little over a thousand, although I'm thinning out my collection considerably at the moment) I've got stuff dating back to the late 1920s, some of which is currently on display at the (I swear I'm not kidding) National Yo-Yo Museum in California.

Musical Instruments

PileOfGear.jpg

(Not pictured are an Epiphone SG Special guitar, an early '80s Westone Thunder 1-A defretted bass, a Hilo Baritone Ukelele, a vintage 1960s Silvertone Baritone Uke, a Danelectro Convertible Acoustic/Electric, a classical guitar that someone left in my yard, a Rogue Resonator guitar, and an assortment of fuzz/distortion pedals.)

I fell in love with an instrument called a "dong bau" while I was in Vietnam recently, and I'm looking forward to getting more odd instruments from other countries.

Music for sure. I've got close to 50 gigs on my hard drive at the moment, most of that ripped from CDs that I own, the rest purchased (not stolen, thank you) from eMusic.com. Everything from Murder City Devils to the Incredible Bongo Band.

Just now getting into denim. I'm sure I'll go overboard in short order. (You hear that Kiya? Thanks for another pricey hobby.)

I'm a collector nerd to the core. My wife alternates between bemused and horrified over the sheer volume of stuff she finds tucked away in nooks and crannies of our house...

S

missed this thread first time, so can I ask why santa cruz skate decks ande? I live in santa cruz right now and am just wondering.

I am beginning to collect point and shoot cameras (thanks lomo....), belt buckles, fashion magazines so I can look back on them years later, and clothing/denim tags (from stuff that I buy)

The Shriner's fez is SUCH a nice touch! Cool instruments. Love to see photos of the ukelele's.

Great stuff!

Yo-Yos (A little over a thousand, although I'm thinning out my collection considerably at the moment) I've got stuff dating back to the late 1920s, some of which is currently on display at the (I swear I'm not kidding) National Yo-Yo Museum in California.

Musical Instruments

PileOfGear.jpg

(Not pictured are an Epiphone SG Special guitar, an early '80s Westone Thunder 1-A defretted bass, a Hilo Baritone Ukelele, a vintage 1960s Silvertone Baritone Uke, a Danelectro Convertible Acoustic/Electric, a classical guitar that someone left in my yard, a Rogue Resonator guitar, and an assortment of fuzz/distortion pedals.)

I fell in love with an instrument called a "dong bau" while I was in Vietnam recently, and I'm looking forward to getting more odd instruments from other countries.

Music for sure. I've got close to 50 gigs on my hard drive at the moment, most of that ripped from CDs that I own, the rest purchased (not stolen, thank you) from eMusic.com. Everything from Murder City Devils to the Incredible Bongo Band.

Just now getting into denim. I'm sure I'll go overboard in short order. (You hear that Kiya? Thanks for another pricey hobby.)

I'm a collector nerd to the core. My wife alternates between bemused and horrified over the sheer volume of stuff she finds tucked away in nooks and crannies of our house...

S

Sure! My place is the one with the high walls with iron spikes and concertina wire, as well as the armed guards in the elevated picket above the front gate. It’s on Rehman Baba Road on the outskirts of Peshawar, in the Northwest Frontier Province of Pakistan. I don’t know about vacation, but most of next week, I’ll be up in either Kurram Agency or in Kala Dhaka Valley on road building projects. Presuming you can get by the boys at my gate and through the alarm system that triggers our consulate security team, I’d say you’re welcome to a drink. But, hey, if you knock and ask nicely, I’ll gladly share. We don't get many visitors out here.

i want to be you

i want to be you

I appreciate the sentiment, but not sure if you'd really like it.

The ICRC (Red Cross) compound, just two doors down, was bombed early yesterday morning. We celebrated by having a house dance party until 3:30 this morning. (But we did hire an extra contingent of local police to stand guard.)

Life in Gitmo East.

I appreciate the sentiment, but not sure if you'd really like it.

The ICRC (Red Cross) compound, just two doors down, was bombed early yesterday morning. We celebrated by having a house dance party until 3:30 this morning. (But we did hire an extra contingent of local police to stand guard.)

Life in Gitmo East.

Well, at least you have good humor about it all. I guess I'm just bored where I am and want to go somewhere insane to make up for it. I feel like I'm missing out.

that makes me look alot more irresponsible and stupid than i actually am. might just be my mood.

Nah. Not at all. Same motivations are what put me on the road in the first place. ;)

I collect vintage(ish) belt buckles. I've got 3 Coca Colas, 1 Pepsi, a Foghat (please someone say they remember this group), a frampton, one The Beatles, a HIRES root beer, and right now I'm wearing a Miller High Life. Am still trying to get an ELO, Queen, maybe KISS and a few others.

Also, some comics, but that's fallen by the wayside for awhile now.

I'm sure I collect other stuff, but I can't think of them at the moment.

\

SLOWRIDE...Take it Eazzzzzzzzaaaa!!!

I collect ... a Foghat (please someone say they remember this group).

I remember seeing this but didn't answer. Not only do I remember them, but when I was a mere stripling, my older sister took me to a concert to see these guys. They were great! I have some albums, but they're somewhere buried in boxes where I'm not. sigh.