What the fuck is the point of kubricks

Guest Airjamie

I started collecting vintage star wars dudes.....but got bored.....not as much fun going.....ppppeeeeoooowwww....rrrrooooooooaaammmmmmm.....got ya vader......when you are old.

• 4 months later...
Guest Airjamie

Bumping this shit because its warranted and Im not going to continue the same fight on other forums.

I started collecting vintage star wars dudes.....but got bored.....not as much fun going.....ppppeeeeoooowwww....rrrrooooooooaaammmmmmm.....got ya vader......when you are old.

It so totally is.

^^ same can be said for designer clothes, stamps, whatever...

but you can wear the designer clothes, and a lot of times it is made with better materials/fit/design and enhance the initial quality and experience of the clothing. designer toys don't come with extra features like more guns etc. in fact they come with no features and charge a higher price. buying designer 'toys' is like buying some 2000 dollar jacket to hang it on the wall.

you just don't get it unless you're into it.

but saying something is stupid without rational reasoning is stupid itself. i am in between on this, i like my toys and i still buy some occasionally, but not as much as i used to. i do realize that they have no further use than to sit on my shelves, but i still like them just as much.

now let's all shut up and end this cuz there is no point in arguing cuz you just won't understand. a hobby is a hobby, and different strokes for different fucking folks. i'm not going around calling vintage levi's collectors stupid so leave. it. alone.

I have a shed load of vintage star wars figures buried somewhere and I didn't hesitate to pick up the tokyoplastic geisha's when they emerged cos they're incredible. But I get what you're saying - Bearbricks, kubricks and the Jarvis figures are all very cool to look at, but I wouldn't want to actually bust my hard earnt cash out to own them.

I remember when the first Tim Burton Batman movie came out (with michael keaton). the action figure had a utility belt with this rappel cord coming out of his waist. that thing was the shit

i had this, and i got in trouble at school for hanging Batman out of the fly of my pants and walking around during lunch, asking if anyone had seen my toy. i was 6.

i've been the man since then.

Guest Airjamie
you just don't get it unless you're into it.

but saying something is stupid without rational reasoning is stupid itself. i am in between on this, i like my toys and i still buy some occasionally, but not as much as i used to. i do realize that they have no further use than to sit on my shelves, but i still like them just as much.

now let's all shut up and end this cuz there is no point in arguing cuz you just won't understand. a hobby is a hobby, and different strokes for different fucking folks. i'm not going around calling vintage levi's collectors stupid so leave. it. alone.

You should probably just stop talking out of your ass. People tend to hate that.