Hairstylist

TrueSelf

Peace ya'll...

I'm looking for a new hairstylist in the NYC area who specializes in spiral curls. My hair is weird... It changes when it feels like it... Normally it's wavy, some parts will be straight & other parts curl up. I like to keep my whole head of hair in tight spiral curls I can afro out. I've tried different size rods when permed, but it never comes out right. On television I saw this curling process used by a Japanese hairstylist, but I didn't get a name or any other info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PEACE!!

• 2 weeks later...
Peace ya'll...

I'm looking for a new hairstylist in the NYC area who specializes in spiral curls. My hair is weird... It changes when it feels like it... Normally it's wavy, some parts will be straight & other parts curl up. I like to keep my whole head of hair in tight spiral curls I can afro out. I've tried different size rods when permed, but it never comes out right. On television I saw this curling process used by a Japanese hairstylist, but I didn't get a name or any other info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PEACE!!

Your hair sounds way too much like mine. Throw some before and after pictures up. I've been looking for something to do to my hair too and I have all the same problems.

I forgot the name of the place I went to, but its a nice tendy salon in chinatown. ~100 or so yards from the Fung wah bus stop. They do an AWESOME job. The name starts with a J. Jun I think it is.

the Fung wah! I took that once...supposedly it used to be very shady, operating from the back of an abandoned chinese bakery? there were also a couple of occasions where the bus flipped, and another time the engine caught on fire....not to mention that NONE of the drivers had bus permits???? It's a great deal though for 15 bucks to boston....

the Fung wah! I took that once...supposedly it used to be very shady, operating from the back of an abandoned chinese bakery? there were also a couple of occasions where the bus flipped, and another time the engine caught on fire....not to mention that NONE of the drivers had bus permits???? It's a great deal though for 15 bucks to boston....

I've been hearing a bunch of bad stories about fungwah, but when I went back in april it seemed fine to me.

I took it from boston to new york and back in march and it was great, albeit way too cold on the way back.

what? what does the bus have to do with the salon?

• 8 months later...

Peace ya'll,

Dang it's been a minute since I've been on here. I checked out Hairmates and they told me what I wanted was too complicated (i'm guessing they just didn't want to do it). So... I went to this spot called Hair Osh (11 E 32nd St. bet 5th & Madison, NYC 212.213.5338). They were pretty good. Still not how I want it, but it came out nice. Here's the before & after.

On the same note, don't suppose any one has any links to east asian haircuts/styles I could look through? I need a haircut desperately and need some inspiration...

In addition to what the other two put up...here are a couple of other websites that I've been looking through since I'm also looking for haircut ideas...

http://www.oranghair.com/new/style/style_01.html?target=Board_List&DB=B_H_Short

http://www.bombhead.com/bbs/zboard.php?&id=monsters_hair_works&category=2

(note: right click and "View Image" to see the full photo without having to login)

edit: didn't see that rirawin posted that in december.... these sites are useful nonetheless.

Thanks, I'll check it out

theres also a japanese bookstore, kinokuniya, near it, on the street level. they have all the hair and style catalogs there, so you can check some out before choosing a style.

Someone asked about LA-- rudy's in the standard on sunset had some great stylists for awhile, plus great hours. i havent been ther ein awhile, i would if i lived near there though. theres a cool place in burbank called Frenchy's where a lot of hip young ladies are the stylists, plus rudy's on sunset and hillhurst in los feliz.

Someone asked about LA-- rudy's in the standard on sunset had some great stylists for awhile, plus great hours. i havent been ther ein awhile, i would if i lived near there though. theres a cool place in burbank called Frenchy's where a lot of hip young ladies are the stylists, plus rudy's on sunset and hillhurst in los feliz.

the rudy's on melrose sucks. ive had three different barbers and they butchered my hair. i almost was goign to shave it until i found someone else to save my hair. I usually show them pictures before too but some how they never ever come even close to reproducing the hair pictured.

• 1 month later...

PEACE MY PEOPLE...

FINALLY... I FOUND A SPOT THAT ACTUALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!

PARKSEUNGCHOLHAIRSTUDIO MANHATTAN BRANCH

333 5TH AVE 2ND FLOOR (corner of 33rd)

(212)725.1460.

MY DESIGNER'S NAME IS MEGAN.

PRICEY, BUT THEY ACCOMPLISHED WHAT I WANTED.

MY SEARCH IS NOW OVER.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS / RECOMMENDATIONS.

PEACE!!