Hova In Samurai's?

sriracha hot sauce

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont care what everyone says about hov "playing out" samurais or evisus or canes or whatever the fuck jeans he decides to wear next. those are good jeans, the guy knows whats up.

but HE doesn't know whats up, his STYLIST knows whats up. that's part of the argument right here; if Jay-Z honestly knew about the pedigree of japanese denim and bought that shit on his own, cool for him, whatever, let the man be.

but, the most likely reality is that a stylist who is paid to keep up on trends decked him out in that gear, and Jay went with it because he pays a stylist to keep up on trends for him. so, rock on to the stylist who's up on hype, and fuck Jay Z for not being able to dress himself- except in mandals and hawaiian shirts. oh, and fuck him for being the most overrated rapper alive. underrated storyteller, overrated MC.

but HE doesn't know whats up, his STYLIST knows whats up. that's part of the argument right here; if Jay-Z honestly knew about the pedigree of japanese denim and bought that shit on his own, cool for him, whatever, let the man be.

but, the most likely reality is that a stylist who is paid to keep up on trends decked him out in that gear, and Jay went with it because he pays a stylist to keep up on trends for him. so, rock on to the stylist who's up on hype, and fuck Jay Z for not being able to dress himself- except in mandals and hawaiian shirts. oh, and fuck him for being the most overrated rapper alive. underrated storyteller, overrated MC.

rofl, ok good point :o

So, were you in Jay-Z's dressing room when he decided to get dressed? I'm sure every celebrity, rapper, whatever has a stylist, but you dont think the respected celeb doesnt get or have a say to actually choose what they want to put on? Ridicious.

So, does his stylist choose the type of underwear Jay-Z wears too? I heard briefs were back in style this season.

Its just clothes, relax.

i wonder if stylists actually know "what's up." sure they're keyed into the hype, but do they actually care about samurai for the same reasons we do (or think we do; i.e. quality of construction, quality of denim, etc.)? unlikely. you're giving them too much credit. if they did, they'd be dressing their stars in most of the japanese brands talked about here. fuck stylists and fuck hype.

edit: and fuck jay z for good measure

yeah, you're probably right. i'd say what the majority of celebrity stylists pay attention to is how much hype is surrounding items, not the reasons most of the people on superfuture purchase something. Jay Z's stylist, for instance, probably heard that japanese unwashed denim was in, and all-over print hoodies were in.

On a side note, Complex magazine has been trying to chat up unwashed japanese selvedge denim for at least a full editorial year now, as far as i can remember. so, it isn't like this stuff hasn't hit a certain level of mass consciousness and we've got to fight to keep it on the low.

oh, and fuck him for being the most overrated rapper alive. underrated storyteller, overrated MC.

Word, I don't understand where all the best rapper ever shit comes from. One of my boys is Jay-Z dickrider, shit is annoying as hell. I try to school him on better shit and he's open minded to different artists, but dude won't admit that Jay-Z is not that great of an artist.

To those who think hip hop ruins things: Rappers have been wearing Evisu for way longer than 95% of this board even knew what dry denim was let alone japanese selvedge jeans. Then to get mad cuz Jay-Z is wearing Sammies. That just ain't right. Sammies became all the rage on this board about 6 months ago, before that it was nudies, before that lvc, etc. We are all followers in some way or another... now you have the pleasure of thinking Jay-Z is a follower of you.

Hip hop doesn't ruin things... rich white spoiled brats who wear "underground" jeans for insider acceptance ruin things.

Oh yeah, I see enough scrawny folks rocking Sammies tight as all get out on this board (me included) that it is nice to see a little change in style.

I bet Samurai Co. is creaming themselves knowing that Jay-Z is wearing their jeans. I think they owe Superfuture (or atleast BIG) a little debt of gratitude.

OH yeah, when I bought my S0505s at BIG talib was in their asking if the VX5000s were in yet. Y'all pissed about that?

Guest StuckOnStupid
To those who think hip hop ruins things: Rappers have been wearing Evisu for way longer than 95% of this board even knew what dry denim was let alone japanese selvedge jeans. Then to get mad cuz Jay-Z is wearing Sammies. That just ain't right. Sammies became all the rage on this board about 6 months ago, before that it was nudies, before that lvc, etc. We are all followers in some way or another... now you have the pleasure of thinking Jay-Z is a follower of you.

Hip hop doesn't ruin things... rich white spoiled brats who wear "underground" jeans for insider acceptance ruin things.

Oh yeah, I see enough scrawny folks rocking Sammies tight as all get out on this board (me included) that it is nice to see a little change in style.

I bet Samurai Co. is creaming themselves knowing that Jay-Z is wearing their jeans. I think they owe Superfuture (or atleast BIG) a little debt of gratitude.

OH yeah, when I bought my S0505s at BIG talib was in their asking if the VX5000s were in yet. Y'all pissed about that?

say word, shun.

NO WAY. You mean Talib, himself, not his stylist? WOW.

I swear Superfuture cats think if your not their mr. me too, you have lack of style, etc.

So, if I dont wear tight tshirts, and skin tight jeans, I can't wear Samurai's, or any other jeans you guys are currently sporting?

word.. 'cept "rich white spoiled brats". snobbery is colorles.

O man this is funny...

You guys are dissing the stylist and what not, claiming that you can do a better job.

But what if you were his stylist? What the Fv&% would you have him wear?

Tight ass PBJs XX-005 and vans? Do you know the damage that would to his career and how stupid he would look? Everybody would burn him for obvious reasons.

Jay-z is not stupid and knows how to dress. He knows when to bring out the bespoke to a def jam meeting.

Whoever made the claim that rappers don't buy their own clothes is out of it. I've been to plenty of stores with pictures of when rappers when for a little shopping visit.

Another thing.

And no, punk rock or rock for the most part doesn;t ruin things like hip hop does because they are not a musical art form where a large percentage of the time is spent talking/bragging/flaunting about material goods

No, rock/punk doesn't spend time bragging. It spends it's time bitching about how life in the suburbs sucks because your parents don't love you and your dog has diarrea and it feels like your life is about to be over.

the "streets" are not going to catch on to something that is not so easy to identify. Urban/hip-hop fashion is usually something loud/attention grabbing and can be seen from a mile away. Think about evisu or red monkey jeans, you can see the gulls or crazy dragons from down the street. You cant see the Samurai stitching unless you are pretty close. Especially in a big city, kids want to be seen, thats why all-over print hoodies and bright ass sneakers are the "hot" thing right now. I think history shows that "real" street fashion (not "streetwear") has rarely been about subtlety. i think your samurais will be safe.

Yea, because skateboarders/rockers/whatever don't wear bright ass 7 color SBs with raw jeans and all over print hoody right? :eek:

LAst time i checked plenty of people wore corny shoes with corny hoodies and didn't even know what hip hop is.

"No, rock/punk doesn't spend time bragging. It spends it's time bitching about how life in the suburbs sucks because your parents don't love you and your dog has diarrea and it feels like your life is about to be over."

yeah, u know a shitload about punkrock. Anyways, I like hip hop, and what i said was partly in jest, as I reiterated in my second post. Not only that, but it was part of an on going subject in this forum that mainstream hip hoppers like jayz turn things into trends and ruin it for people who like the shit. Plain and simple. Not to mention the fact that, in my opinion, JayZ does not have style, he has money, and that there's a big difference between the two. Anybody with cash can go into the RL flagship and deck themselves out with purple label and look good. No matter what he's doing now, 5 years ago he was wearing size xxxxl throwbacks and goofy fitted caps or whatever.

Guest StuckOnStupid
"No, rock/punk doesn't spend time bragging. It spends it's time bitching about how life in the suburbs sucks because your parents don't love you and your dog has diarrea and it feels like your life is about to be over."

yeah, u know a shitload about punkrock. Anyways, I like hip hop, and what i said was partly in jest, as I reiterated in my second post. Not only that, but it was part of an on going subject in this forum that mainstream hip hoppers like jayz turn things into trends and ruin it for people who like the shit. Plain and simple. Not to mention the fact that, in my opinion, JayZ does not have style, he has money, and that there's a big difference between the two. Anybody with cash can go into the RL flagship and deck themselves out with purple label and look good. No matter what he's doing now, 5 years ago he was wearing size xxxxl throwbacks and goofy fitted caps or whatever.

fuck just shut up, guy.

i don't think this is true. i knew about evisu's long before they hit hip-hop.... well maybe you're right, i guess the majority of SF wasn't into denim until apc's popped up.

hahahahaha!!!