Bicyclettes

canice

whoa suntastic... glad to hear you're ok. how bad was the frame bent?

i had a fun couple days. got chased around bushwick and bburg by some turd guido in a yellow convertible corvette who wouldn't get out of his car to "fuck me up" like he kept talking about, almost got run into a curb by a town car who's passengers got out and left the car and put in around 100 miles looking at apartments.

can't wait for my new frame this weekend to start on the new build. '05 pista concept.

I've got some parts that might fit on that bike that you can have for real cheap..

PM me with a list of what you need and i'll let you know what i've got.

and i'm local, so no shipping needed..

to stay with the recent theme...

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

been building her for about a month now...rough being a broke ass student. Hopefully I'll be out riding in another week or so

whoa suntastic... glad to hear you're ok. how bad was the frame bent?

i had a fun couple days. got chased around bushwick and bburg by some turd guido in a yellow convertible corvette who wouldn't get out of his car to "fuck me up" like he kept talking about, almost got run into a curb by a town car who's passengers got out and left the car and put in around 100 miles looking at apartments.

can't wait for my new frame this weekend to start on the new build. '05 pista concept.

haha, sounds like a fun time..

concept, that's gonna be sick. how does aluminum ride on the ny streets?

there are some beautiful bikes in here.

I don't know if my bike is welcome here but i'll show you anyway.

mellowyellowhm1.jpg

It's more for skatepark use and street riding, than general cruising.

From the dropouts and seat tube junction I'm going to say it's a DMR?

there are some beautiful bikes in here.

I don't know if my bike is welcome here but i'll show you anyway.

mellowyellowhm1.jpg

It's more for skatepark use and street riding, than general cruising.

2 inch risers???? LOL

pretty much the most common MTB handlebars, and are stock on nearly everything

at first I just thought it was a 20in bmx

anyone know of any good g-map mashup sites with bike routes/paths in a specified area?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

haha, sounds like a fun time..

concept, that's gonna be sick. how does aluminum ride on the ny streets?

the aluminum frame is probably going to punch my butthole into oblivion riding it around brooklyn, but i'll probably only ride this one part time.

Wow I didn't realize how many angry drivers there were in Ann Arbor. I can't wait for Critical Mass at the end of August...

Some of the things drivers yelled:

"Get off the road."

"You're going to get yourself killed"

"Dude why the fuck were you trying to race me on a bike?"

The last one really got me ahaha

Hey I was hoping to get some help regarding tire pressure. For my tires they say their pressure is 120psi, is that the pressure they should constantly be at? I question this because for my front tire whenever I stand up and pedal it bulges out on the sides especially when I am going up hill and standing. Is it recommended to get a tire pressure gauge or jsut a pump with a gauge? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

hey canice - what kind of helmet is that?

can anyone else suggest a low profile helmet for under $50? thanks.

bell sweep. nice looking helmets do not exist under $100 msrp, so you may be SOL. if you're into the brain bucket look, the bell citi "commuter-style" helmets can't do you wrong, though they won't vent nearly as well.

bulk saves lives.

wrong. helmet strength depends on how well the foam materials absorb shock.

just went to ironman in idaho! talk about hard core biking! just checking in to express my admiration, seriously. my only question is after 100+mi. what happens to your balls?

calluses, blisters, chafing.

also... just returned prematurely from my bike tour to manitoulin island. was doing well until the beginning of day 6, when i realized we had set up camp after dark in what turned out to be an enormous patch of POISON IVY. just my luck, i am the only one of the group who had a reaction to it, and thanks to my overly sensitive skin, now i have blistering, swollen rashes all over my legs and ass. suffice to say, i called it in, my heroic and loving boyfriend came to pick me up, and now i'm sitting at home, rubbing calamine lotion all over my lower half and frantically scrubbing all my belongings.

i was doing so well too... in the end i rode about 500 in 5 days, with a loaded bike around 100 pounds. pictures soon.

can anyone give a break down of parts for those who are not savy with the terminology?

Gentei here I come...

1. shop gentei looks fucking lame. except for that famed, mirror-polished rear disk-wheel on the hot pink panasonic...

2. parktool.com/repair is pretty thorough with that, and will teach you some other stuff too. otherwise google-image "bike anatomy"

if you're in between 2 sizes, say 50 and 53, do you go bigger? or smaller?

every bike company has a different way of sizing their geometry... it's as subtle as buying denim cuts, so try out everything you can possibly ride.

Hey I was hoping to get some help regarding tire pressure. For my tires they say their pressure is 120psi, is that the pressure they should constantly be at? I question this because for my front tire whenever I stand up and pedal it bulges out on the sides especially when I am going up hill and standing. Is it recommended to get a tire pressure gauge or just a pump with a gauge? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

if your tires are bulging, your pressure is probably too low. i'm always speechless when i find out people are riding bikes without gauging their tire pressure - so dangerous. like, buy a portable topeak road morph or something. it's good enough to be your only pump, and has a gauge. $30...

1. shop gentei looks fucking lame. except for that famed, mirror-polished rear disk-wheel on the hot pink panasonic....

FALSE! those dudes are awesome. they always throw races in b-more and frequently come flaunt their rediculous rides around NYC. i can't remember his name, but the guy who runs the shop rolls one of those carbon fiber gan well pro's. siiiick.

just looks a little try hard. never been to baltimore in my life. i will admit, the seasonal overhaul of the store interior is pretty awesome, but i hate all "lifestyle" stores.

FALSE! those dudes are awesome. they always throw races in b-more and frequently come flaunt their rediculous rides around NYC. i can't remember his name, but the guy who runs the shop rolls one of those carbon fiber gan well pro's. siiiick.

word - the race they threw this past weekend fucking rocked. great after party too. shop guys are all cool, genuine people.

thanks alot canice for the advice and im going to have to agree with mlproject on Gentei. Oliver (owner), real cool dude and I definately agree with disliking lifestyle stores but shopgentei is nothing like any other store I have visited product wise, concept wise, and service wise. he is a long time rider and is very knowledgable in what he offers. The

scene out there is pretty thick from what he explained to me. im pretty new to the whole thing he and his crew was able to give me good advice plus set up times to assemble a ride to my liking.

they are aseembling custom rides every week. so there getting pretty good business.

*free advertisement.*

if you can check the shop out. shopgentei.com

nothing like alot of these bubblegum shops and

as dangy said, genuine guys

any riders in the downtown Silver Spring DC (georgetown and adams morgan ect.) area?

From the dropouts and seat tube junction I'm going to say it's a DMR?

its actually an ns suburban. the dropouts are a lot smaller than dmrs, and the frames are a lost better quality in my opinion.

the bars are a 3" rise due to the short forks.

im thinking of upgrading it soon. so i may have some new parts in the near future.

i think i saw it in philly when i used to live down there, a ton of bikers, so i don't know what else it coulda been... and it was pretty cool to see... never taken part though, i'd feel kinda hypocritical b/c i drive my SUV everywhere i go

Just finished another bike last nite...

1992 Dyno Nitro, all era-correct with the exception of the brake system.

Team BSP Por Vida.

DSC05364-729199.JPG

DSC05365-729225.JPG