Bicyclettes

canice

finally found a mixte for my gf, the guy actually ended up having 2 to get rid of so i picked them both up. i got them for $135 for both, $68/bike isn't too bad considering the condition. the guy is hauling them over too, the blue one's done and the red one will be done before i get them this week, so i won't have to do a lot of cleaning when i take em apart and rebuild. i'm thinking single speeds for both and i'll probably flip one on craigslist to cover the price or even make a bit, seeing as how people pay like $200 in the city for a single speed road bike right now lol

2337946756_625ec4f190.jpg

2337946742_b17e866ea5.jpg

If you have use for a geared bike, go for it. I'd personally fix that, at least for a bit

please listen to so-so. There's nothing I hate more than when I find a perfect road bike, only to find that someone converted it to a fixed gear.

You have a true evil in your heart ml. I'm almost positive it's because you live in New York.

that is still the lamest argument ever. i'm not from new york, so will forever disregard someone blaming it on brooklyn.

i'll also agree on the conversions. i've seen some amazing road bikes get converted into ss or fixed with shitty parts. one kid was riding aroudn williamsburg with a de rosa that he said he "pulled off some old crappy road parts.. i think they were campagola? from like the late 80s" then converted it with formula wheels. i got mad at him.

that is still the lamest argument ever. i'm not from new york, so will forever disregard someone blaming it on brooklyn.

i'll also agree on the conversions. i've seen some amazing road bikes get converted into ss or fixed with shitty parts. one kid was riding aroudn williamsburg with a de rosa that he said he "pulled off some old crappy road parts.. i think they were campagola? from like the late 80s" then converted it with formula wheels. i got mad at him.

If I ever going to build it, it's going to be fixed with Mavic GP4 tubulars rims, turning it into a speed machine. But then gonna cost alot..so i think i will sell it soon.

What would you do if you got this frame?

(a) Single-speed

(B) fixed gear

© Old school geared bike.

(d) Sell it

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Cheers,

Dubbo.

throw a coaster break on that bitch and some pegs.

grind that mother fucker on some rails.

SRSLY.

looking to upgrade from my cannondale 1992 m500.

mostly for comuting from the apartment to my moms, and the apartment to the beach vise versa, about 7 mile trips

my curtain two choices that stick out to me are

a cannondale bad boy o ra motobecane messenger what should i choose? i have no LBS that has either of them in stock but could order them for a fee.

i am a size medium, and i only have mabey like 2 decent hills to ride on from my moms house to the apartment.

No it definitely wasn't on purpose. I was trying to get the ball, missed it, locked up my legs to stop/slow down and my feet slipped out and I fell forward on my bars. I rode for about 20ft like that, trying to keep my balance, aiming for the snowbank because I knew that way it wouldn't hurt..

finally found a mixte for my gf, the guy actually ended up having 2 to get rid of so i picked them both up. i got them for $135 for both, $68/bike isn't too bad considering the condition. the guy is hauling them over too, the blue one's done and the red one will be done before i get them this week, so i won't have to do a lot of cleaning when i take em apart and rebuild. i'm thinking single speeds for both and i'll probably flip one on craigslist to cover the price or even make a bit, seeing as how people pay like $200 in the city for a single speed road bike right now lol

2337946756_625ec4f190.jpg

2337946742_b17e866ea5.jpg

I found this exact bike in pink on the side of the road with a sign that said "free", so I brought it home, cleaned it up and everything was working good, shifts good, brakes are good. Gave it to my girlfriend, she was happy cause she didn't have a bike.