Bicyclettes

canice

DSC_0149.jpg

New to the fixed gear. Picked one of these up to ride to school. People give it mixed reviews. So far I love it.

how tall is this bike? sloping tt? it reminds me of an elephant :P

UMM go get a fixed hub and build it to a 20" rim. grab some toe clips and straps and raise the fuck out of you seat. I would suggest the longest seat post you can get.

or you could find a wheel that takes a freewheel spin a cog on then get an old crank lock ring and crank it on there i would really crank it on and maybe use some strong loc tite. make sure you use a brake!

UMM go get a fixed hub and build it to a 20" rim. grab some toe clips and straps and raise the fuck out of you seat. I would suggest the longest seat post you can get.

or you could find a wheel that takes a freewheel spin a cog on then get an old crank lock ring and crank it on there i would really crank it on and maybe use some strong loc tite. make sure you use a brake![/quote

The suicide hub rears its ugly head again. Please don't do this, it is literally lethal. Even with brakes.

IMHO, better to buy a beater road bike and get used to the riding position while you save than splashing cash on converting a BMX.

or you could find a wheel that takes a freewheel spin a cog on then get an old crank lock ring and crank it on there i would really crank it on and maybe use some strong loc tite. make sure you use a brake!

JB weld the cog ...

A 1/8" EAI cog will last between 3 and 20 years as long as you don't have your chain set too tight.

Laughable.

Rotafix runs the same risk of problems as loctite or jb weld. I definitely use it when out on the road in a pinch, but probably wouldn't use it as a normal fix.

I'm not going to argue with people that have never used a torque wrench and compare a mechanical bond with a liquid friction bond but I'll put it this way: if you attach your cog with 700-lbs of torque, and the most torque your crank to wheel can generate is perhaps 200-lbs., (your crank to cog is at roughly a 3-to-1 mechanical disadvantage, depending on gear ratio) you have actually a zero chance of the cog ever unscrewing... That 500 lbs. of torque difference is actually exponential, so it is roughly five to seven times stronger than it needs to be before it will unscrew. Helps to have friends in Engineering.

And I have an EAI cog with over 20K-miles on it, with no sharkfins. Replace your chains and don't set that chain too tight, kiddies.

I'm not going to argue with people that have never used a torque wrench and compare a mechanical bond with a liquid friction bond but I'll put it this way: if you attach your cog with 700-lbs of torque, and the most torque your crank to wheel can generate is perhaps 200-lbs., (your crank to cog is at roughly a 3-to-1 mechanical disadvantage, depending on gear ratio) you have actually a zero chance of the cog ever unscrewing... That 500 lbs. of torque difference is actually exponential, so it is roughly five to seven times stronger than it needs to be before it will unscrew. Helps to have friends in Engineering.

And I have an EAI cog with over 20K-miles on it, with no sharkfins. Replace your chains and don't set that chain too tight, kiddies.

please remove your head from your ass so you can go fuck yourself.