Bicyclettes

canice

buy a pipe cutter .. it'll give you a cleaner, straighter cut.

you ever done the same thing with a steerer tube? i need to get mine cut down and i have a pipe cutter, but i'm nervious about fucking up my fork. someone (maybe on this thread) told me not to go that route. and then i'll have to push a new star nut too - how hard is that?

you ever done the same thing with a steerer tube? i need to get mine cut down and i have a pipe cutter, but i'm nervious about fucking up my fork. someone (maybe on this thread) told me not to go that route. and then i'll have to push a new star nut too - how hard is that?

don't do this. have a shop cut it. many will do it for free.

Those blue Cdale frames are hot. Makes me want a fixie again.

Best bike I ever built:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Kid's-size varsity from the early 80s. My friend who is about 5' had it sitting around, so I stripped it down a bit, built up some 26" Deep Vs w/ cheap hubs, a crappy cog I had laying around (which later stripped off got JB-welded back on), and some old DA brake levers. Thing was heavy as shit and geared way too high, but my friend rode it around for quite a while.

Hard to skid w/out toe clips, but I did my best. This was back when I had actual bike skills:

skid3.jpg

So I'm at the hospital with a broken leg and gash in my arm.

My dad has one of those giant 6 foot tall rolling tool chests and I didn't kno there was an air compresser in the bottem drawer and I went to get a pair of pliers and the fucking thing falls on me I had to try to get my cell phone out of my pocket without letting it completely fall on me. So I have a hairline facture and a 8 inch long gash on my right arm.

I bassically got crushed by 1500 pounds of tools. O and I fucking destroyed the rear fender on my motocycle.

Hey,

I am looking to get into fixed gear bikes, but I am not sure the best way to do it. I've seen a few people on campus with them, but I am not friends with anyone that has one. What would be a good place to start? And about making my own bike, could it be done with $500?

Thanks

you can probably find one for around that price on Ebay no sweat

that is how my friend got his first fixie, good way to learn, and when you get better, fix it up more!:cool:

What are some good brands for like a $500ish premade bikes? I need to get back into some sort of physical activity and I have way too much free time on my hands. Then once I learn more I'll mess around with the bike.
Eh, at that price there's not going to be much of a difference between the brands. Take a trip around your local bike shops, have them show you some stuff, figure out what size you need, what you like and don't like, etc.

anyone have a 1 1/8'' threadless road fork they could sell cheap? plz My steer tube is 4'' to give you an idea how much length I need.