Bicyclettes

canice

Hey I think this was discussed before but I can't seem to find it. I am building up a new bike and was wondering do you put grease on bottom bracket spindles, I have heard both sides of the story so I kinda confused. Just wondering what your guys input was on the subject?

Thanks

So I am building up my new setup and I am having problems with my back hub fitting into the dropouts. I swear that my hub was 120mm same as the drop outs on my bike however when I try and get it in it just barely sits in the begining of the dropouts, fractionally to small. Could the hub be a size too small? But does't that mean that it would be a 125mm hub and do those exist? Or is it the paint that is on the inside of the dropouts that could be causing it to be caught up? Or can axles come in different sizes? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks

So I am building up my new setup and I am having problems with my back hub fitting into the dropouts. I swear that my hub was 120mm same as the drop outs on my bike however when I try and get it in it just barely sits in the begining of the dropouts, fractionally to small. Could the hub be a size too small? But does't that mean that it would be a 125mm hub and do those exist? Or is it the paint that is on the inside of the dropouts that could be causing it to be caught up? Or can axles come in different sizes? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks

Measure ur dropout see is it exactly 120mm?? sometimes it might be bent inwards, just slightly tap it out abit (only for steel frame). and measure ur hub...also what brand are they?

Thanks Vee its all good though. It was just the paint. Now my fork is rocking within the frame. I have tried to tighten and loosen my headset to both extremes however it isn't working. Any ideas?

Thanks

ur headset might not match with ur fork tube. I had that problem beforeeee. Wait is urs 1 1/8 or 1" threaded?

FUCK EM! PEDESTRIANS ARE ANNNOOYING. I have to ride through time square pretty often, terrorizing the huge crowds at every block during rush hour is so fun. It's how I take out my pedestrian anger.

I had pretty bad fall the other day, getting off the Brooklyn bridge, coming out on the manhattan side. As I was turning onto Chambers, my bike slid right out under me, must have been oil on the road. I was so lucky there were red lights all around, which makes no sense, no cars were moving. Usually when I take that turn, there's a car to my right, had there been one, I'd have gone right under, this was night time too. So lucky.

Change of subject; any NY riders planning on riding all the way through the winter? I really want to. Am I crazy? I figure a snowboard jacket with pit-zips would do the trick. Like a Holden jacket or something.

Change of subject; any NY riders planning on riding all the way through the winter? I really want to. Am I crazy? I figure a snowboard jacket with pit-zips would do the trick. Like a Holden jacket or something.

i ususally ride until there is snow since my bike only has clearance for 23c tires.

i have a patagonia shell that i normally wear with a t-shirt. no matter how cold it is i always sweat like i'm wearing a plastic bag.

i hate people who ride on the sidewalk. my old roommate used to ride on the sidewalk since "riding in the street is too dangerous." she ended up running into this girl and almost getting sued for being a dumbass.