Bicyclettes

canice

i personally love aerospokes. but that shit is soooo heavy. i dunno how it would feel if i was riding double spokes. i think it would be a good work out. but every biker who sees you would kno your a hipster poser.

i actually want a front aerospoke, but i dont want the poser hipster stares.

i personally love aerospokes. but that shit is soooo heavy. i dunno how it would feel if i was riding double spokes. i think it would be a good work out. but every biker who sees you would kno your a hipster poser.

The same can be said of the 1 out of 3 fixie riders I see in the city who all have black IROs and white deep-Vs...

But you're right, there really isn't any reason to get aerospokes other than for the looks. They look so fucking cool though:

King_Kog.jpg

Quickly getting back to the kind of people who deserve the evil stare; while waiting for the L train one time, I saw this guy (http://velospace.org/node/2984) carry his bike down to the subway! I was angry, there was nothing visibly wrong with his bike, and really doubt there was, the train took like half an hour to get there that day too, he could have been where he needed to be in half...

Quickly getting back to the kind of people who deserve the evil stare; while waiting for the L train one time, I saw this guy (http://velospace.org/node/2984) carry his bike down to the subway! I was angry, there was nothing visibly wrong with his bike, and really doubt there was, the train took like half an hour to get there that day too, he could have been where he needed to be in half...

you're in brooklyn, he has a pista, maybe he's just a hipster with a 20lb. fashion accessory?

Unless you are a messenger I wouldn't really bother; aerospokes are nice for running a thick chain through. Other than that they are heavy, expensive and not particularly aerodynamic.

the L train explains enough :D

I have a front. But Id love rear Aerospoke.

But shit would really suck wen its windy.

i dunno if i would recommend this, my friend toby has a rear aerospoke but even with a 120mm rear spacing the hub needs some kind of attachment, which throws off the chainline. plus i rode it around for a few minutes and it makes creaking noises. it's bizarre, and too annoying/scary to deal with, IMO.

The same can be said of the 1 out of 3 fixie riders I see in the city who all have black IROs and white deep-Vs...

But you're right, there really isn't any reason to get aerospokes other than for the looks. They look so fucking cool though:

King_Kog.jpg

is that a chick holding the bike? haha i cant tell.. no offense if thats you.

hands say dude, shorts and legs say chick.

is that a chick holding the bike? haha i cant tell.. no offense if thats you.

hands say dude, shorts and legs say chick.

lol...

*sing along* who wears short shorts..:D

hahaha i know that dude.

Unless you are a messenger I wouldn't really bother; aerospokes are nice for running a thick chain through. Other than that they are heavy, expensive and not particularly aerodynamic.

running a thick chain? 1/8"? what does that have to do with yr wheelset?

@ canice: was your homie running a road wheel with a fixxer? their track wheel should give a straight chainline...

I've been taking my bike on the bus halfway on my 11 mile ride to USC just because it's so goddamn hot here. Does this make me a bad person? :(

I've been taking my bike on the bus halfway on my 11 mile ride to USC just because it's so goddamn hot here. Does this make me a bad person? :(

nah makes you a horrible person for bring the biek into the bus and not hang it on the outside so more people can fit into the bus. but i see people do it all the time to speed up their commute. Just cuz you have a bike doesnt mean you had to ride it everywhere. Just dont carry it everywhere.

nah makes you a horrible person for bring the biek into the bus and not hang it on the outside so more people can fit into the bus. but i see people do it all the time to speed up their commute. Just cuz you have a bike doesnt mean you had to ride it everywhere. Just dont carry it everywhere.

Well of course I put it on the rack on the front. They don't let you take it in the bus.

I am getting alot of creaking from what I believe is my front wheel. It's the spokes. I get it on my road bike too but not as bad. How do I check the tension? How do I know what proper tension is? I have a spokewrench for adjustments but I need to know where to adjust and how much.

I am getting alot of creaking from what I believe is my front wheel. It's the spokes. I get it on my road bike too but not as bad. How do I check the tension? How do I know what proper tension is? I have a spokewrench for adjustments but I need to know where to adjust and how much.

could be yr bearings. i had this kind of creak and a pop that sounded like the spokes were rubbing but it was just a fucked up hub.

if its loose ball, this is definitely a possibility. probably not so much with sealed ones. you can take it to a shop to have them check out unless you want to try repacking yourself. its not hard, but takes a good white the first time you do it.

if you take off your nuts, lock nuts and cones, it'll expose the bearings... loose ball are, well, just loose ball bearings and sealed will look just like skateboard bearings. do this slowly in case it is loose ball to avoid anything falling out. putting it back together will require a cone wrench and an adjustable wrench.

i'm sure it's been done, but i can't remember having this debate here...

so brakes or no brakes?

i was messin around with my bike the other day and ended up doing something that i can't seem to undo where the pull on the brake lever is too short, so when i pull the lever all the way, the brake pads still aren't touching the wheel. anyway, long story short, i took the brake off and rode around the past couple days and i like it... but i'm scared i'll die soon.