Bicyclettes

canice

gaaaaaaaay, finish it now!

my bike needs a paint job -_-

Brassknuckle is a real good frame. I'm currently building one right now (will be done in 2 weeks) another friend of mine has one and says it rides superb. The thing w/ the Brassknuckle is the sizing of it is a little awkward. The headtube is a 1 1/8 threadless and the seat tube is a 31.6 which is huge. I have the tee19 stem and bars which I want to put onto that frame but thing is, I need to change the fork to a 1 inch threaded fork. So I'm going to have to get head reducers. But really I'm not too sure if I want to spend another 300$ to get that done, I want to ride now! So I'm just going to hold onto those bars until I get another frame later this year when I go to Japan. ;)

Picture9989.jpg

cummiting to work? wtf

you suck, whatever bike you buy for less that $200 will prob suck too

What first bike would you guys suggest for cummiting to work on some hills, but mainly street, that doesnt cost too much. >$200.

For that price you might as well just get an old road bike for $50 at a thrift store.

i'm building my first fixie, and i have a few questions about wheel construction. i'd appreciate if anyone could answer them:

1. what difference does spoke count make, as well as the gauge on the spokes?

2. what sort of gear ratio is an "average" ratio, a la, good for learning on, but will still satisfy me when i gain more experience on fixies? how many teeth should my rear cog have?

i'm building my first fixie, and i have a few questions about wheel construction. i'd appreciate if anyone could answer them:

1. what difference does spoke count make, as well as the gauge on the spokes?

more spokes = stronger wheel. you don't necessarily need 36h unless you're riding on shitty roads like NYC or weigh a lot. thicker gauge spokes will also help wheel strength. i have 32h suzue pro max with a heavier spoke, but i weigh about 220 and ride in new york.

2. what sort of gear ratio is an "average" ratio, a la, good for learning on, but will still satisfy me when i gain more experience on fixies? how many teeth should my rear cog have?

a ratio in the mid 70s