Bicyclettes

canice

Is it just me or is that seat so badass that it's FLOATING?

Today I tried my luck at replacing my handle bar tape. I had never done it before but seeing as it didn't seem to differ from wrapping a hockey stick. I could not fiqure out how to get the bar plug to go in and cap off the excess so instead I just started at the plug. How do you get the excess in? As well how do you avoid having a big lump at the top when you are finished? Hopefully that makes sense thanks.

..speaking of new saddles earlier on this page,i came home from work and saw the specialized toupe i won on ebay came hella fast.cant wait to go for a ride on it...and as far as handlebar tape,i start at the bar ends,and leave about .25-.5 of tape and bend it in,there is a small lump,hardly noticeable.atleast it dooesnt bother me too much....yet..or i think you could cut it off on the end and then wrap excess bar tape around the part of the bar end that would NOT be exposed (around the little prongs that are inserted into the bar/between the prongs and inside diameter of bar),and then put it in..?

Following the trend, I blew my tire and tube yesterday as well! I was rather bummed but skidding on a tire that worn out was super fun, felt just like skidding in the rain...

Very nice, sounds like u having some fun. Any flat spots??

Anyways Do u guys know any shop in US still sells Pista Concept 2005 or 2006 model?? WOuld u guys prefer Cane Creek wheelset over Mavic???

I am plannng to import a concept to Sydney, hopfully I will be the first one in aussie.

Cheer,

Dub.

^ your best bet for an 05 concept is ebay... most shops won't have stock around for more than a year or so. you might be able to find a NOS 06, but probably not with their surge in popularity thanks to the DQM/T* camp.

i got mine off a forum. start searching.

So I ordered a Brooks b-17 narrow from nashbar. It came two days ago and I wasn't home until now. Fedex site says delivered and "signature service not requested" . According to my neighbors there was a package under my door until yesterday morning. Looks like someone jacked my saddle. Fuck brooklyn, they probably would never know what to do with it anyway. I'm upset.

I was looking into ordering a pair of steel cages probably MKS or Soma, the only thing is that I don't understand the sizing of cages. Could someone give me some insight as the MKS' have medium and large and the Soma's a just large? Will the work for wearing street shoes? Thanks

yea,see,im 9/9.5 and i have medium,at first i thought i should of got L.they were snug (as they should be ) on my dunks,and now that i riding in converse slip ons,once my strap was tightened,there alot more snug and my shoe fits way better inside,its almost tough to get them out sometimes.

Do any of you know whether MKS or any other brands make colored toe clips? I've seen them on bikes but haven't had any luck finding anything online.

If worse comes to worse i guess i could always buy some plain steel/alloy ones and paint them.

Shop Gentei carries a bunch of colored clips. Pretty sure they ship as well.

Well, I read through all 73 pages (really) and now I am ready to ask some questions. I'd like to spend $1000 max for my first fixed/SS bike (third total). I ride mostly flat with some hills (not hardcore like SF). I found someone asking about the same budget on Bike Forums and what followed was 3 pages of people laughing at him. Considering there are complete bikes for $500, I am sure this could be done. However, each time I try to plan a custom build, I hit $1500 easily without breaking a sweat. Anyway, here are some questions I am hoping you guys can help with:

1. After the frame, what should the money be spent on? I am thinking about a Soma Rush frame and fork which only leaves me with $500 for the rest of the build.

2. Are there any well-known manufactuers in the fixed gear world? Like I found over a dozen different companies that make hubs. Is there any particular ones that stand out?

3. Does the concept of threaded/threadless apply to fork, headset, and stem? Or just the first two? Or ?

4. If I buy a wheelset, to make the rear wheel functional, do I simply have to screw on two cogs and two lockrings? That's it?

5. If I have a flip-flop hub, can I take off the rear wheel easily and flip it? Will the chain have enough slack to allow this? Or will I need a chaintool? I ask because I am used to taking off my road bike's rear tire the dérailleur makes it easy to create slack. The fixed won't have one.

6. Should I just buy a complete Angus instead? If so, what (if anything) should I upgrade ($1000 total)

7. Should I just get a (diffferent) complete bike, one from a larger mfg such as Raleigh Rush Hour, Redline?

...and last but not least

8. What would your $1000 build be? I can be a little bit flexible.

Thanks so much.

1. After the frame, what should the money be spent on? I am thinking about a Soma Rush frame and fork which only leaves me with $500 for the rest of the build.

2. Are there any well-known manufactuers in the fixed gear world? Like I found over a dozen different companies that make hubs. Is there any particular ones that stand out?

3. Does the concept of threaded/threadless apply to fork, headset, and stem? Or just the first two? Or ?

4. If I buy a wheelset, to make the rear wheel functional, do I simply have to screw on two cogs and two lockrings? That's it?

5. If I have a flip-flop hub, can I take off the rear wheel easily and flip it? Will the chain have enough slack to allow this? Or will I need a chaintool? I ask because I am used to taking off my road bike's rear tire the dérailleur makes it easy to create slack. The fixed won't have one.

6. Should I just buy a complete Angus instead? If so, what (if anything) should I upgrade ($1000 total)

7. Should I just get a (diffferent) complete bike, one from a larger mfg such as Raleigh Rush Hour, Redline?

...and last but not least

8. What would your $1000 build be? I can be a little bit flexible.

Thanks so much.

Yes u can be flexible...grab a Schwinn Madison. They r steeel and heavy..it looks reallly stiff considering the geometry and fat steel tubing.....!!!!!

Very nice, sounds like u having some fun. Any flat spots??

Yeah, too much fun! I feel like I'm going through tires on a daily basis. I got a Specialized Armadillo tire two days ago because I'm waiting on some Vittorias that I won on eBay, and it's already flat spotted, I really need to chill out on the whole skidding thing.

So I ordered a Brooks b-17 narrow from nashbar. It came two days ago and I wasn't home until now. Fedex site says delivered and "signature service not requested" . According to my neighbors there was a package under my door until yesterday morning. Looks like someone jacked my saddle. Fuck brooklyn, they probably would never know what to do with it anyway. I'm upset.

Definitely file a claim, FedEx is the worst, it's really stupid how they don't require a signature for home deliveries, especially in NY!

And my bike:

Pistahhhh.jpg