Bicyclettes

canice

with pistas becoming ubiquitous with hipsters and shit, it is definitely the "IT" bike to steal because theives know they can flip them fast and they're not going to be discovered since they all look the same.

its not the same as stealing a merckx or a corima because that shit is just hard to find.

yea this is exactly my thoughts on it as any thief here can go in bike shop and see that the bike is worth xxx so they know what they can get for it,minus the decals etc its kinda a guess for them wether its a good steal or not,i guenuinly like the pista shape and love the ride im getting off it so it will be money well spent and makes it that bit more personal

No deep v how bout aero-head?????

yeah, or fusions or mavic cxp33

i just realized i never posted a pic of my ride... here it is, in all it's stock glory - the only thing i've changed is the handlebars, the brake and the chainring. basically coulda just copied and pasted the pic from the KHS website, but whatev, here she is

IMG_0127.jpg

I've been looking to get a fixed gear for some time now and have had my eye on the raliegh rush hour. From what I have read, this bike has a good reputation. The only negative characteristic that some people have noted is that the fork is to heavy. Do any of you cycle heads have any more imput on this bike?

im so fucking in love with my rush hour. its my first fixed, but as far as i know it rides like a fucking dream. the parts kit is nice enough, i changed my bars and broke my seat in a weird wheelie crash. other than that its still stock. coming this weekend answer pro taper and the miche supertype seat post. opinions on these parts? i got the fizik arione seat and might switch if i see something that catches my eye.

fuck i love this shit

Finished this one last night...

1986 Dyno Frame/Fork

Parts from 6 different bikes.

All 80's with the exception of the tires.

This one is for myself..

Team BSP Por Vida.

DSC05369-710658.JPG

DSC05371-772399.JPG

DSC05370-710691.JPG

Kiya that bike might be the illest piece of work I have seen in a bmx. I am not really into them but wow. beautiful!

Hm I know nada about BMX, but gosh that's purdy..

Anyway, my commuter bike, picked up from a local bike shop that takes in donations, fixes things up, and resells to the community. This particular one came in, apparently, almost as good as new, a late 80's Trek that was bought and then kept quietly at home for years. Only new thing I've put on it is the Look pedals to replace cages (plus the frame-mount pump). Needs new tape and was just trued in the back but has otherwise been a dream.

pict0002ba2.jpg

Oh - and thanks for the answer about fixed conversion.

im so fucking in love with my rush hour. its my first fixed, but as far as i know it rides like a fucking dream. the parts kit is nice enough, i changed my bars and broke my seat in a weird wheelie crash. other than that its still stock. coming this weekend answer pro taper and the miche supertype seat post. opinions on these parts? i got the fizik arione seat and might switch if i see something that catches my eye.

fuck i love this shit

Finally...bought one today. Only bad thing is I had to order it. I CANT WAIT FOR IT TO COME.

funny thing is, i live about 2 hours outside SF and it seems my friend and i are the only ones that ride here. Everyone seems to love their SUVs and lifted trucks. blahhh

When I look at old school bmx's two things strike me:

1. How garish and over complicated they look. (compared to the below, this is not my bike it just illustrates the point nicely)

attachment.php?attachmentid=79724&stc=1&d=1183223493

2. How shit they were mechanically, threaded headsets needed constant attention and if you looked at the forks the wrong way they'd bend.

This month's Rouleur magazine reviews Delta brakes as a design classic.

http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=94

A beautiful magazine with an ugly price.

I completely agree with that statement, the interview with Dario Pegoretti is amazing, what I'd give for a Pegoretti made Pinarello...

As an alternative this would do:

luigino_r2_c3.gif

^^^ FUCK.@ Kiya, you seem to know alot about bmx's. do you think 175.00 for an 87' Performer GT is worth it?

Late 80's GT's are the most common used BMX bikes you're going to find. $175 is only a good price if it's super clean, no rust, and no cracks.

You can normally find GT's from 84' to 88' on craiglist for $100 or so because they sold millions of those things in in the mid eighties.

I completely agree with that statement, the interview with Dario Pegoretti is amazing, what I'd give for a Pegoretti made Pinarello...

As an alternative this would do:

luigino_r2_c3.gif

thta's a nice one. i don't know about that stem with all that vintage though.

That Pegoretti is a truly beautiful creation. I looked into a new one before I plumped for my Moots.

The interview with Pegoretti paints a vivid picture of a strange, intense man. His attention to detail is supposedly mind-boggling. As are the lengths of the lead times, six months is average.

Another Dario anecdote, supposedly Fizik hold their extremely rare hides in a safe, and Dario is allowed to go and take his pick of them. Fizik then make them into saddles for the Pegorettis exhibited at trade shows.

Finally...bought one today. Only bad thing is I had to order it. I CANT WAIT FOR IT TO COME.

funny thing is, i live about 2 hours outside SF and it seems my friend and i are the only ones that ride here. Everyone seems to love their SUVs and lifted trucks. blahhh

you are stoked, get ready for greatness

basically how it sounds... a clamp on derailleur uses a clamp that'll go around the seat tube and a braize-on has a welded on tab that the derailleur will mount to. "braze-ons" usually involve cable guides, bottle cage holders and stuff like that. anything that is brazed onto the frame.

cheers,yea its all my art direction,Im gonna start getting behind the lense this summer but im agreat beliver in doing things right so for me directing a team to get the imagery right is really fulfiling,im not much of a photographer either lol the stylings my love.

found out im looking at about 80 for powder coating so soon as a few old pairs trainers are gone il get that on the go hopefully be a bit less if i oly get the frame done leave forks chrome.wheelset will have to wait till ny trip in sept i think.

yea that was my plan was to order maybe from iro and get it shipped to a friend so its here when i arrive,unfortionatly no ride stateside id love to ride out there guess i might get a run out in philly as both my friends threre ride.

im in a dilema now i just tryed orange on that site and i think that could be killer also

What do you guys/girls say we do a trade/sell in here? I have a bunch of items I need to get rid of, I am sure you all do as well?

i like this idea. i've got a right cane creek flat top brake lever 24mm, shipping plus a few bucks. anyone want? or trade for a left 26mm cyclocross lever or maybe a reverse lever?

How long till there's Supercycle?