Bicyclettes

canice

My cranks are FSA Gossamer MegaExo 175's, if that helps. I have to go and check what BB I have in there now. The original one was an FSA as well I think. I'll look into the shimano - I have 105 shifters that I like a lot.

according to this page "MegaExo is an integrated crank/BB system with oversized BB axle and oversized, external cartridge bearings in alloy cups"

http://www.amazon.com/FSA-Gossamer-MegaExo-175mm-Crankset/dp/B001C4S3AC

not sure that augurs well for randomly getting other BBs - if any two elements of your drive train should match manufacturers, you'd figure those would be the two. though i'm hardly an expert.

really bizarre that you're burning through them, they should last a goodly while

according to this page "MegaExo is an integrated crank/BB system with oversized BB axle and oversized, external cartridge bearings in alloy cups"

http://www.amazon.com/FSA-Gossamer-MegaExo-175mm-Crankset/dp/B001C4S3AC

not sure that augurs well for randomly getting other BBs - if any two elements of your drive train should match manufacturers, you'd figure those would be the two. though i'm hardly an expert.

really bizarre that you're burning through them, they should last a goodly while

I'm really heavy (265 on a good day) and from about march until november it's the only way that I travel around so I put in a fair amount of mileage...

The last time my BB died I took the bike to an actual specialized shop (rather than doing it myself) so I'm sure they used the proper cups this time. We'll see if this one holds up better...

I thought I replied to this, but is the crank arm falling off or are the bearings just going bad? On a roadgoing bike, weight or not, you should get 8-10K from a bottom bracket which even with a lot of mileage won't be a year...

I think you might need to replace the crankset. 'Integrated' cranksets are very much a tolerance component, and if the bearings, spindle, and non-drive attachment don't mate to perfection, longevity suffers.

I would very much recommend a Shimano drivetrain to you, tolerances and durability are very, very good, even in extreme (###) wear.

oh is that what it's for? i just thought it was a clever spoke card.

Rainbow color swatch spoke cards, posted up in front of an ad for booty camp?

I can do the math.

lost my car keys sometime yesterday so i had to bike to work for the first time today. its about 12 miles but it didnt seem that long, really, but it started to rain a little half way.. hung my jackspade bag off of my back too low and it got soaked from my back tire :[

Fenders. They make clip on ones iirc so you dont have to commit to it.

Hey guys im just now starting to get in to fixed gears i sold most of my old sb's and went to my local bike store. The store here in Jacksonville is fairly small and he has only about 10-15 bikes in at a time, he had to make a special order for me because im taller than his average customer. He suggested that i get this bike because he said it was a good buy for the money Has anyone in here ever heard of Gavin bikes, or Surly? This is the bike i bought it was $400 and i must say that it rides very smooth, i want to do some customizing to it in the near future http://www.gavinbikes.com/singlespeed/

Hey all. I've only been riding for about 8months (fixed) but now need to have (unrelated) shoulder surgery so I cant ride for a few months. Can anyone recommend some rollers or a suitable alternative so that I don't have to stop riding completely? I definitely can't afford an exercise bike or something like that. Thanks

Edit: On second glance, rollers may not be the best option. My arm will be sling-bound for 6 weeks.

Hey all. I've only been riding for about 8months (fixed) but now need to have (unrelated) shoulder surgery so I cant ride for a few months. Can anyone recommend some rollers or a suitable alternative so that I don't have to stop riding completely? I definitely can't afford an exercise bike or something like that. Thanks

Get a skateboard bro

Im sure someone has already asked this question but i am new to SUFU and havent went through all the pages. How exactly do you go about doing a skid stop? I have a relatively basic fixie and i have the little cage things that hold my foot in place, ive been trying to get used to slow down by resisting the pedal and i rarely use the brakes, im going to take them off next time i go to my local bike store but i really want to learn how ti skip stop they look soo cool

there's heaps of info on this all over the net, but since i'm looking for an answer I might as well help out.

I found that the easiest way to do it for the first time is:

When your dominant foot gets to about 2 o'clock (3 being horizontal pushing down) lift your body forward (putting weight on your arms and front tire) then as your foot gets past about 6 o'clock start resisting and at about 7/8 o'clock try to stop the crank. Don't lock your knee or you will fuck it up. Also, pull up on what is now your front leg.

And google it.

Im sure someone has already asked this question but i am new to SUFU and havent went through all the pages. How exactly do you go about doing a skid stop? I have a relatively basic fixie and i have the little cage things that hold my foot in place, ive been trying to get used to slow down by resisting the pedal and i rarely use the brakes, im going to take them off next time i go to my local bike store but i really want to learn how ti skip stop they look soo cool

Keep your break on.

Hey guys im just now starting to get in to fixed gears i sold most of my old sb's and went to my local bike store. The store here in Jacksonville is fairly small and he has only about 10-15 bikes in at a time, he had to make a special order for me because im taller than his average customer. He suggested that i get this bike because he said it was a good buy for the money Has anyone in here ever heard of Gavin bikes, or Surly? This is the bike i bought it was $400 and i must say that it rides very smooth, i want to do some customizing to it in the near future http://www.gavinbikes.com/singlespeed/

gobaq2hypebeast

in other news, anybody ever use surly's big bertha wheelset?

look on youtube for fucks sake