Bicyclettes

canice

bianchi pista: good for the money, track geometry

kilo tt pro: cheapest and lowest quality out of this group

surly steamroller: good for the price because of nicer parts (comparatively), strong wheelset w/ nice hubs, geometry has a good balance between track and road

felt curbside: i think its a lame looking bike, aluminum frame, would rather get a langster than this.

if you can afford it, don't get the kilo tt. i would get either the steamroller or pista depending on what you want.

how do these compare:

bianchi pista

kilo tt pro

surley steamroller

felt curbside

any I should avoid? any overwhelmingly better?

are you after a frameset or complete?

i'd go the steamer if you want a complete bike, they're a little heavy but reliable and tough, surly hubs are good.

are you after a frameset or complete?

i'd go the steamer if you want a complete bike, they're a little heavy but reliable and tough, surly hubs are good.

I want a complete because I assume its cheaper that way?

oooh man got my FTP 05 in today, (sex on wheels!)

digging the looks and everything.

hopefully i can sell my textbooks off soon and get some money to finish building it up.

anyone intersted in the fork off my ftp?

uncut at 7.5 inches

carbon fiber

brand new / not drilled for brakes

is thomson like the only worthy brand for stem / seatposts?

seems like its what everyones buying and i'd like cheaper

alternative options that you guys like / ride?

I don't know bout stems, they look great tho..

Thomson seatposts are great tho. The two bolt adjusting on it is tits.

is a 40 mm rake on a fork too rough for street use?

headtube angle being 73/74 i believe

Rake being good or bad depends entirely on the specific frame and it's geometry.

Most of the time it doesn't matter, and changing the rake is done for very specific problems which you probably won't have.

It really doesn't matter on a track bike that won't be going faster than 35mph anyways. I've had acquaintances do just fine with some pretty fucked setups, forkwise.

girlfriend wants to start riding with me...

she's never ridden a track bike before and frankly, i don't think she'll like it. she want's a single speed though...so do you guys have any suggestions for a nice complete, entry-level single speed bike with road like geometry?

-thanks

girlfriend wants to start riding with me...

she's never ridden a track bike before and frankly, i don't think she'll like it. she want's a single speed though...so do you guys have any suggestions for a nice complete, entry-level single speed bike with road like geometry?

-thanks

my girlfriend is in the same situation. i found a shop in town that sells SE drafts for $250 and they have down to a size 47, so i think she'll be purchasing one of those this week. ill let ya know how it goes

Ok so the paintjob on my frame is coming along nicely and I'm buying the other parts I need to convert this road bike. I have a couple of questions, I hope someone is willing to answer:

1. I got a hub, lockring and a fixed cog (16T). Other than the spacers, I'm done with the rear, right? This is all the parts you need for the rear wheel?

2. Can you use a 3/32 chain on every crankset? Or will I need a new crankwheel (is that how you call the part where the chain lays on?)?

it's pretty alright, should have used an express envelope for sure though. take pics when it turns blue (i'm guessing you wear raw denim since you post on sufu)

anyway, back at the cape for the summer and been riding my bike a lot. it feels good to not be lounging around like a hunk of shit all day.