Bicyclettes

canice

ML, I think you need bearing #6001, but don't quote me on that. It's printed on the bearing shell, you only need to remove the dustcap. Those Promax's were great to me for 4-5 years, but it's been a year or so since I've had them now.

Yes, there is standard sizing for bearings, and it's best if they can be removed and installed with proper tools, as they only have nylon seals and take lateral loads very badly.

FYI all, you can't adjust bearings without cone wrenches, for most hubs (excluding those with a locking collar) you need two, and to tighten the cone and locknut on the same side against each other.

yeah i've had my wheelset about that long as well. they're starting to feel kind of gritty on the spin so i figure i should replace them soon. this wheelset has been amazing. my homie kyle had his friend at dan's comp build them, so for some reason they used super beefy spokes. even riding at 215-225#, i still have only had to true them once.

i've always used one cone wrench and an adjustable for the lock nut.. more in the interest of saving $16 on buying another.

what kind of press and removal tools should you use for sealed bearings? i've never had to service these before... only my loose ball wheelsets.

Pulling cartridge bearings without blowing them up is hard. Bearing pullers break a lot, old timers are good at it. A tip I used was to just destroy the cartridge, pound a star nut into the remaining shell, and pull that out.

I fabricated a tool following that, though I'm not sure ATM where it is.

Pressing in a bearing sounds pretty easy, especially if you ever skated, but it's also quite easy to damage the shell or axle if it isn't perfectly perfectly straight in. Them bitches is fragile!

Shops have a vice with an axle to align the bearing and press it in straight without damaging the hub shell or bearing cartridge.

Pulling cartridge bearings without blowing them up is hard. Bearing pullers break a lot, old timers are good at it. A tip I used was to just destroy the cartridge, pound a star nut into the remaining shell, and pull that out.

I fabricated a tool following that, though I'm not sure ATM where it is.

Pressing in a bearing sounds pretty easy, especially if you ever skated, but it's also quite easy to damage the shell or axle if it isn't perfectly perfectly straight in. Them bitches is fragile!

Shops have a vice with an axle to align the bearing and press it in straight without damaging the hub shell or bearing cartridge.

word. when i skated we always had this bearing press thing at the shop to push/pull them, but i wasn't sure how something would work on a larger wheel and with a "container" (the hub) that could get damaged in the process.... urethane seems so much more forgiving.

i'll probably just have t* do it.

Bike project for the homie/boss man...

No idea wat the reaction is, yet...

Upgraded his bikecycle last nite, and took it for a spin...

0b6c3745.jpg

f6a88989.jpg

525adc0f.jpg

6ee38878.jpg

Full Car(dboard)bon disc!!!

I did take it down the streets, but its not exactly the safest thing!!!

Cardboard on a slanted ass Brooks, Platforms and brake covered by my dashboard...

Fuckin tight.

I wanna ride it around again...

thanks guys! nothing super special, i'll probably put my drops on for summer and make some sort of small case for my phone.

Krn- the wheelset alone would be over $400 to build! i'm pretty proud i did it, plus i got to see kids go crazy over all the parts i put up on ebay, some people pay crazy prices for bike parts these days.

^My guess is...

Krn- the wheelset alone would be over $400 to build! i'm pretty proud i did it, plus i got to see kids go crazy over all the parts i put up on ebay, some people pay crazy prices for bike parts these days.

Used the profits?

Just scored two MKS double straps for $100...

Next... 36h Dura Ace Hub set...

Bike project for the homie/boss man...

No idea wat the reaction is, yet...

Upgraded his bikecycle last nite, and took it for a spin...

525adc0f.jpg

Full Car(dboard)bon disc!!!

I did take it down the streets, but its not exactly the safest thing!!!

Cardboard on a slanted ass Brooks, Platforms and brake covered by my dashboard...

Fuckin tight.

I wanna ride it around again...

ok thats it, i want in!

and whend you get dreads?