Bicyclettes

canice

^ this dude speaks truth. if that's your typical riding, mks sylvans would be fine. you're not going to wear them out riding that little. i'll recommend toshi doubles though even on a cheaper pedal. $90 is well worth it for the control and fit you get over a single/shitty strap. you can get cages/toshis/sylvans from ben's bike for about $150 shipped. if you go for a single mks strap (these will wear out a lot faster) setup for about $50 shipped from them.

the shimano pedals are great, but finding cages separately is extremely hard these days.

Super cheapo beater...

SNC12824.jpg

Alex rim on the back, Iro in the front, Switched the bars/stem with a short ass stem with bullhorns from my wreck 2 years ago.

Plain Sugino crankset, need to get a new BB, most likely plain Shimano 105s.

Mismatching Straps... Soma Doubles and 2 nylon straps to MKS cages on GR9s. I think theyre GR9s on this bike... I dont remember...

Cheap ass bike, but kinda stoked to have a new bike with a different set up...

Prolly gonna sand off the paint and throw some other stickers on it, so many HUF stickers...

how are your guys' seat posts?

the seat post i got my bike with is ridiculously long (and it was cut once before)

its at 14.75

any reccs on what i can cut it down to?

edit:

cut it down to ~9.75 inches of length

and dont use heavy duty cleaner for your bikes! i had really old / sticky masking tape residue stuck on it and nothing would work so i used a bit of heavy degreaser and scrubbed it.... turns out it does work but also strips your clear coat.

Bike and me. Pardon the dumbass look on my face, and football gloves.

seriousface.png

Yesterday my conti 4 seasons finally gave way. Ended up taking the ferry to sf and checking out box dog bikes for a replacement. Life story aside, kop't this for cheaper than a regular rando.

mmmmrandos.jpg

Bike and me. Pardon the dumbass look on my face, and football gloves.

seriousface.png

Yesterday my conti 4 seasons finally gave way. Ended up taking the ferry to sf and checking out box dog bikes for a replacement. Life story aside, kop't this for cheaper than a regular rando.

mmmmrandos.jpg

hell yes for the 04 pista!! i love mine so much, it is sleek. yours looks fly with the white.

Iono dude I ride the same bike in 64 and i wear my red vans and i feel like an american flag. Niiice bars though, really give the bike a different aesthetic. Anything but red imo!

Thats why Ima sand off most of the blue paint off.

Whatever tube I cant cover off with stickers. Most likely some of the downtube, rear triangle, fork, and top tube...

I cant dig the red white and blue theme either...

i dont get what the hype over white vittoria randos is all about, or white wheels at all for that matter. doesnt that shit get mad dirty?

aesthetics, dude. that's what it's always about. these bikes aren't getting raced on a track, so if it's not about performance, just make it look pretty.

34y37.jpg

Some changes since the first posts I've made on here. Mks clips, Toshi singles, generic Risers, Tech stem, ourys of course, track pedals Shimano Open pro up front, and a Ultegra headset.

wqwnc4.jpg

Rin project Saddle and Shimano single bolt seat post soon as bike man sends me ma fuggin seatpost collar.

Break >_<.... Head Tube >_<....

Someone help me make a guess...

IM assuming its my rear wheel...

But anyways...

Went out for a quick errand run and got owned...

Went for a skip at the stop light, and my cranks slipped back...

Could it be...

A) Cranks/Bottom Bracket

B) Pedals

C) Rear Hub Lockring/Cog

Happened to my Pake, which had the same rear wheel/pedals as my Motobecane...

BUT...

When I put a different chain and I THINK my other wheelset from my Cannondale on (to the Pake) I still had the problem...

So it COULD possibly be the pedals...

Anyone have an educated guess?

Question about chain tension.

My Chains been popping off like crazy so I flipped my bike upside down and pulled the hub back then loosened my stack bolts and found that one was stuck in the spider and wouldn't loosen so I could hand tighten. Still don't get sheldons tutorial about tapping the taught chain to move the chain ring on the spider.. how ever this could be failing because of the stripped stack bolt correct? I tried loosening it with a stack bolt tool and a allen key and it still didn't work. Perhaps the tool was the wrong size?

I would if you could describe what this was like a bit better, doesn't make any sense as it reads.

makes sense to me... if it was both cranks that slipped, I'd say it's probably the rear wheel. It seems unlikely something would happen to both cranks or pedals.

Hey stunt, it sounds like your lockring is loose (unless you've already tightened it as much as possible). There was always slippage when my lockring was loose and I just took it in to get it tightened and ever since then I haven't had any problems. If it isn't the lockring I'd check the crankset.

I would if you could describe what this was like a bit better, doesn't make any sense as it reads.

To be able to do a skid/skip stop, would mean I would need to put some resistance with my legs, while being strapped into my pedals.

Doing so, would mean that there would be a slight backwards motion, as I would apply pressure. Slight, not back pedaling.

As I went to apply resistance, rather than being controlled, it felt as if something came loose on my bicycle.

A) Cranks/Bottom Bracket

B) Pedals

C) Rear Hub Lockring/Cog

With this being a reoccurring problem, on my past bike, I had a feeling it would either be B and or C. The cranks and bottom bracket are brand new.

The Repeater just had me repeat...

You are, indeed a magical fellow. If only my online handle lived up to its moniker as yours has...

Just figured it out... Hopefully...

Took off the rear wheel and looked at the cog...

Its not straight...

Iono if its the cog itself is bent, or the way the guy installed it... It looks to be installed correctly...

And I totally forgot if the cog is Surly or a generic... If I did buy a generic cog, that was prolly it...

Put on my rear Phil on the Motobecane for the time being...

Didnt go on a ride with it yet. Im worried to get that slip again, and slam my nuts to my seat... Did that when I felt the slip the first time, not exactly fun...

unless your cog was not a track cog, it being generic wouldn't really be the issue. however, what do you mean it's not straight? are the teeth bent or is it on the hub crooked? if it was put on the hub crooked and it slipped, you might have stripped it and it'll be hell to get off.