Bicyclettes

canice

if you're so self concious about riding a bike, stop riding it. don't waste your time because if you care that much you're just in it for the fashion like the rest of them.

1++++

Ride ur bike as if u're riding a slut....

i think this has been mentioned but any good helmets around ??

im not totally into the bmx hardshell helmets nor the aerodynamic bell helmet type of deal.

looking for somethign when i go on long rides (its illegal for minors to have no helmet. over here)

Same I'm looking for a road bike helmet with deeper coverage in general. I find that a lot of road bike helmets are just shallow for my tall ass head. Well in comparison with the rest of my 6'5 self i guess it's not so tall. :]

What gear are your running? I've been trying to do this and I can't even do one full back pedal rotation on a Kilo TT but I've been riding only for a week. I just got home from an 18 mile ride, the weather is great tonight.

I'm running on a 42/16. yeah it's a low ratio but im content. the trickiest part is when you reach the top, i'm thinking that you're suppose to pull on the straps but i don't strap in when i do it.

the key of beginning it is to completely not think about it and just think of it as a natural thing to do and keep at a very steady pace. it also helps if you can trackstand well. if you're going to fast, slightly push towards pedaling forward to slow it down. and when too slow, either push with front foot or pull with straps.

i just can't get past a second/third rotation.

Dino, either your saddle's really high, or the bike looks too small.... no hate.

Also, you might want to put the other lever on while you're at it. Not only does it feel a million times better, but it looks a million times better/balanced. If the lever part bugs you, you can press out the press-fit assm. and have the hood only. Legit.

...and put the tape under the hood rubber, not over!

Dino, either your saddle's really high, or the bike looks too small.... no hate.

Also, you might want to put the other lever on while you're at it. Not only does it feel a million times better, but it looks a million times better/balanced. If the lever part bugs you, you can press out the press-fit assm. and have the hood only. Legit.

...and put the tape under the hood rubber, not over!

hm, feels good, leg seems like its at the right position when the pedals at the bottom yadda yadda, maybe its just the angle in those shots, or perhaps the springs..

dont have another lever, nor anywhere to mount a break break that i see.. i dont mind the look of this really though

yeah, i really did fuck up with the tape there, dont know shit, im going to have to redo it soon for the brake anyways, ill fix it

I've done a different technique on wrapping bars..wrap some electrical tape around the bottom w/ the sticky side up..cut the wrap so that it is EVEN with the bar ends, and start wrapping. Gives a nice, clean look when you put the bar end in and no tucking required.

GOD DAMMIT. i somehow managed to pop my third tire on this bike and i havent even ridden it that long. the first two were pinch flats that i just went too fast over a bump on. this one... fuck, i just walked outside this morning to go for a ride and my back is completely flat, worst thing is this time i dont even know what the hell i did to the thing, last ride it seemed fine.. i really doubt im over inflating them, maybe i just dont know how to treat shits like these skinnies.. im going ape shit, next upgrade might just be some bigger tires if thatll help any, and if my clearance allows.

FUCK IM SO MAD AND MONEYLESS

the first two were professionally installed i suppose since they were the ones that came on it, and then i put the next two on.. one of them being the dead one..

is it a tough thing to get down? should i just take it somewhere this time.. i always thought it was a fairly simple diy task

what's the opposite of fixed gear?

a freewheel.

the first two were professionally installed i suppose since they were the ones that came on it, and then i put the next two on.. one of them being the dead one..

is it a tough thing to get down? should i just take it somewhere this time.. i always thought it was a fairly simple diy task

don't get a bike mechanic to change your tube, that's a bitch move. (not you dino, but powerviolence)

it just takes a bit of finesse to seat the bead without pinching the tube, etc., and remembering to follow rules:

1. use your hands as much as possible. even the best tire lever can snag the tube/tire or scuff your rim, or chip off and leave fragments inside your wheel. any of these can lead to flats, so limit your use of levers.

2. feel along the inside AND outside of your tire, there may be fragments you can't see. pick out little bits of glass with an exacto knife. also check your rim tape. are the holes showing through or poking up? fine glass dust?

3. put one side of the bead on the rim, partially inflate your tube, shove it in.

4. pry on the other side of the tire.

5. push the tube/tire away from the rim to make sure nothing's being pinched.

6. inflate.

you may also just have shitty tires. usually stock bikes come with shit kendas or something. buy vittoria rubinos or vittoria randonneurs. both are choice.

tires are a very personal subject, you'll find. There is no accepted standard for tires. A lot of people ride everwears, which I don't really like too much since I feel they ride sluggish, gatorskins are a good compromise, but wore through a little faster than I thought they would and are $$, michelin speediums are what I have now, and they ride nice and aren't too expensive, but I've heard they wear out pretty fast.

Honestly though, if you are using the brake to stop, or riding flat terrain and have no need to skip or skid then you really don't need to sacrifice ride quality for durability.

^ yea, been watching this auction from the jump. it hit a grand the first 3 hrs. cant wait to see the final bid price. anyhow, it reminds me a lot of my makino, except with an exponentially iller wheelset. good lord:

l_7c8a7ba0491d68c3dd0287ea5415413b.jpg