Bicyclettes

canice

For anyone interested in non-skid braking, I'm selling some pretty sharp barely used (~20 miles) carbon fiber Campagnolo brake levers and Tektro R750 calipers on ebay (click on pic):

img7959fh6.jpg

img7966ax4.jpg

<24 hours left.

finally back from fucking maine...snapped this of my bike while at a beach shooting some pictures. eventually i'll get my wheelset built up, i'm kind of lazy to do it right now

2712093319_976679f2b6.jpg

clean and beautiful. No random obnoxious coloring.

What kind of saddle?

2623916430_6d1f56a568.jpg

heh awww man i wanna make a wallet out of this.. i'd smile every time haha it's great

from Zoe:

All i can say is Long Island Ice Tea and a head made out of steel.

I was wasted but glad i inspired some artistic creativity. can i get a wallet with the print if you guys ever get around to it?

PS I can actually land that skid even drunk just not under the influence of Long Island Ice teas.....

clean and beautiful. No random obnoxious coloring.

What kind of saddle?

thanks, it's a chopped brooks b17. its out in the sun a lot so it's gotten darker

Very clean build.

What wheel set are you looking at building?

C

gran compe hubs to a woodgrain deep v in back and open pro in front...classy and a little bit old school looking

@ icicle cubicle: i'm so glad that you're grown up and buy your own things, but no i won't kiss your ass for being a firefighter. nice deal on the makino, but i'm sure your wheels were another $700 on top of that, unless you found it complete from someone who just simply didn't care, not to mention your $100 dildo bars.

@ 40ozprophet: fixed isn't practical in a lot of situations, but the control it offeres for city riding had me sold. when i want to go ride 100 miles, i have a road bike with gears.

CHICAGO CHICAGO CHICAGO

in the market for a single speed, i have compiled a list of bike shops, and am hoping my peers can further enlighten me -- where to go, who provides the best service -- so that i may get the most for my buck. as a new cyclist, perhaps there is a shop that would help me buy the right parts and walk me through the steps of a DIY project, if i were to go that route. of course, any additions to this list would be great.

Yojimbo's

Upgrade Cycleworks

Uptown Bikes

Cycle Smithy

Turin Bicycle

Urban Bikes

Boulevard Bikes

So the lock ring threads on my stock Kilo hub stripped the other day when I was installing a new cog/lockring. Anybody have a set of decent used wheels or hubs(preferably no deep Vs), and/or any suggestions?

And corter, your bike looks great. Simple color scheme=the way to go.

finally back from fucking maine...snapped this of my bike while at a beach shooting some pictures. eventually i'll get my wheelset built up, i'm kind of lazy to do it right now

2712093319_976679f2b6.jpg

corter, may i ask what bars these are? i want some pursuit bullhorns, but these are the first ones ive seen that also have some sort of flat portion near the stem. thanks

Huh... so you took a b17 and cut down the sides? Fascinating!

yea, a lot of people do it i guess, i just dont like the heavy look of the b17's, but i love the feel. it's decently ghetto and probably compromises the strength of the seat...but it looks better and saves a bit of weight so i went for it on both my saddles. worst case i get a few years out of it and buy a swift.

corter, may i ask what bars these are? i want some pursuit bullhorns, but these are the first ones ive seen that also have some sort of flat portion near the stem. thanks

I know they're nitto's, but i've forgotten what model. I got em cheap at a local shop a while back, they might not make em anymore, i don't know