Bicyclettes

canice

the touring has the cage completely surrounding the spindle/platform in a "U". track just has plates on either side. road is like the track, but with teethed plates.

road

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3561856/1091980730648_pedals_MKS_sylvan_quill.jpg[/img

touring

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/845/b02/fe6/30322/product_page/mks-sylvan-touring-pedals.jpg[/img

track

http://www.trackstarnyc.com/shop/images/sylvan.jpg[/img

yeah, im reconsidering going for road pedals. theyd be wider = more platform for sneakers, no? plus the teeth on the touring pedals make me a bit worried for the soles of my sneakers...

thanks

yeah, im reconsidering going for road pedals. theyd be wider = more platform for sneakers, no? plus the teeth on the touring pedals make me a bit worried for the soles of my sneakers...

thanks

i was on a budget / needed a pedal set up asap so i picked up giant road pedals at my LBS. they didnt have any strap insertion points so make sure that they do have them before you make the purchase.

(i still wrapped my straps beneath the bars but they're not as snug of a fit compared to say something like mks sylvans)

and yeah, these road pedals are wearing into the flats of my shoes and i get frictional wear + black marks on my shoes from riding.

thanks

but wider also means higher chance of pedal strike on the turns... unless you're not riding fixed...

*NYC CATS*

Turkey ride Thursday night? Weathers looking mad promising and I'll be here with no fam so let's ride around, get twisted and try to find some turkey.

Also, if this actually happens this time, I've got two 700x23 tubes that I can't use on a count of me not realizing I needed 25mm's..

So let's either make a trade, ie you help me out and see what's up with my chain/sprocket sitch for me, or bring 10 bucks and they're (2 of them) yours.

Yeah? Cool.

yo wild style those are the sperm wheels! never really thought i'd be pushing those but the price was right and i didn't want anything too flashy color wise. my factory rims finally started to wobble. fender is by apex fenders inc.

i took that picture on my first long haul after putting those wheels on from just west of the city of chicago down to a record store in hyde park on the south side. the tire seemed to make a difference when facing the wind which is pretty cool or it might just be a mental placebo. either way i'm glad i can ride comfortably in november weather wise.

From what I hear over on Tricktrack, they work pretty damn well for regular city riding. But then again, most of the posters overthere are heavy in to tricks, so they might be inclined to say they work great for mashing down second ave at 30mph when that is not the case.

Regardless, I'm definitely gonna scoop some for my Milwaukee Bruiser build. I got it for trick riding/winter work in the city, and I'm curious to see how it performs. I've got a ding in a high impact spot on the top-tube of my current ride, and I wanted something I can really bang around, hence the purchase.

jruiter01.jpg

This is terrible. You would destroy your nuts riding this thing.

I need to post up my bike and spend more time on this thread.

*NYC CATS*

Turkey ride Thursday night? Weathers looking mad promising and I'll be here with no fam so let's ride around, get twisted and try to find some turkey.

Also, if this actually happens this time, I've got two 700x23 tubes that I can't use on a count of me not realizing I needed 25mm's..

So let's either make a trade, ie you help me out and see what's up with my chain/sprocket sitch for me, or bring 10 bucks and they're (2 of them) yours.

Yeah? Cool.

i've got thanksgiving stuff on thursday, but i'll be at my mom's place for about a week, which is an hour from the city. i'd be down to hop a train and come ride, yall gonna be around all weekend?