Bicyclettes

canice

Yes.. =\

what do you mean shiny things? is the pisto like, a looker but not a performer? or are you talking about people stealing it.

Yes.. =\

what do you mean shiny things? is the pisto like, a looker but not a performer? or are you talking about people stealing it.

talking about ppl jacking it.

just lock it up good and yous good.

im sure its a great bike... alot of members hsere have ridden it and love it!~

Phil hubs are really lovely. But the price is killer. Who's doing the build, btw? Cos you could get a bit of a discount on everything if you buy from one place.

You could have a look at Goldtec too: http://www.betd.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=15&Name=Goldtec+Track+Hubs

Brixton bikes usually have stock if you want to see them in the flesh.

Not track, but the pinnacle of hubs in my opinion:

http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=16

I just picked this up to see if I'd want to get into fixies

and it's pretty fun.

fuji conversion

img3585co5.jpg

/crazy hypebeasty over contrasted pictar

not the best, but it gets me around.

Wow what are the odds... I saw this bike on CL a few days ago, haha.

thanks man, Im getting tour de ville to do my build, as they are based in the same building as me so it makes sense, I have a vintage colonago frame as the base perlesent white with chrome forks and drop outs,they will basically build my wheels up im just going to source rims and hubs and then my saddle bars pedals etc which Im getting from tokyo fixed as their prices are really good.cant wait to get up and riding again.

Miche's are actually pretty nice. I've known quite a few off-roading hippies that have had sets for years and years and require no work.

Phils are more hub than the majority of riders need, but I won't hate beyond that...

As for CO2, it is great as a bailout in the woods or middle-of-nowhere, but cannisters cost money, are single-use and disposable, and CO2 leeches out in hours, so if you fill your tire just with CO2, it'll be flat again later that same day. Best just to get the biggest pump you can deal with.

(warning, longerish post)

Hey all, I've been riding a Specialized Tarmac Expert for about a year and I love this fucking bike- [pictured below, this is the 2008 and not the 2007 which I have] I've been doing some racing and triathlons. Its full carbon with the exception of the handlebars and is full ultegra + dura-ace real derailleur.

I'd been on the lookout for a good fixed/track bike project to take down to the velodrome and maybe develop a better pedal stroke for racing- not just to look like a hipster. Well I found this one and the guy was so excited that I was actually going to use it and not sell it that he sold it for just $250. It's a bianchi pista concept 2005. In addition to whats pictured he threw in another bianchi carbon fork mounted with front brake, and 2 additional track cogs, one lower geared one, and a pretty high gear dura-ace cog.

The catch is this frame is a 57cm and I ride a 54cm on the specialized- I was professionally fitted by a buddy of mine who works at a shop [he cut me an insane deal on that tarmac].

So I have 2 questions: first is the 57cm too big for me, and second, how difficult/expensive will it be to obtain what I'm missing, which is: front wheel, track chain, crank, and seatpost+seat? I am 148 lbs, 5'9" with pretty long legs for my height, I typically wear a tagged 32 inseam when not looking to stack my jeans.

Pictures:

copyofpistaconcept20050zf0.jpg

copyofpistaconcept20050xi0.jpg

tarmacexpertvt1.jpg

Ha, no it wasn't stolen. I bought it from some guy who lives in medina [bill gates neighborhood] and his kids were all into the 4 racing disicplines, mountain, bmx, road, and track and they decided to get rid of all their track bikes. I inquired originally about a crappy $150 bike, and he was impressed with my true interest in the sport and just wanted to give it to someone who was going to use it. I'm going to at least put a front old wheel on it to test it out.

The specialized is very very compact and I can lower the seatpost considerably for this bike, I'm going to give it a shot, but won't pour money into this if it just isn't going to work.

Couldn't I just put some riser handlebars on it? I mean 3cm isn't that much difference is it? I put it right next to my tarmac and it only looks a little bigger.

nice ride

but is that a ranneoundeur in the front?

edit: just noticed the lugged frame

oh-so-sexy

oh

btw

i lost my handpump on a ride.

Do those little Co2 cases or whatever work on clinchers?

they seem really convenient.

thanks.

yes thats a randonneur in the front, best bang for the buck

lugging is why i bought the frame, unfortunatly the frame came a little tweaked so im in the process of working something out with the shop i purchased it from

not sure about the Co2 cases, i have never used them.

thanks.

yes thats a randonneur in the front, best bang for the buck

lugging is why i bought the frame, unfortunatly the frame came a little tweaked so im in the process of working something out with the shop i purchased it from

not sure about the Co2 cases, i have never used them.

very nice

but you should have the randonneur in the back

if im correct

isnt that tire 700x28?

isnt a lil too big/heavy for the front?

but whatever floats your boatt.

new cranks!

and new BB!@#!!#@%

edit: cranks are sugino 75

l_7810a353ebb1853d6b6dece6e813e1cf.jpg

so.. being that i live in the pacific northwest, there is inevitably going to be much rain in the near future.

how do i rain-proof the bianchi pista im planning on getting.. or should i just drive the carrr... :(

thinking of picking up a specialized since i may not fit the raleigh ... but after all these questions and readings i hope my post to all the future ppl 'new to fixed gears' read this.

no matter what you get you'll enjoy it and you'll start changing parts as you wear them out. getting something in the 600 dollar range is a fact of life and thats for entry-levels. theres no "best" one out of the 600 dollar ranges... it all comes down to what you want and like!