Bicyclettes

canice

Pro mechanics have been applying grease (Shimano's neon green, natch) on chains after lubing them for rainy days and cyclocross for years.

I suggest you try a wet lube, though. Something nice like Finish Line will stay on there for ages as you wipe off whatever's on the outer plates regularly.

If you really don't want to "maintain" your chain, Phil Tenacious oil can be applied a handful of times a year with only wipe-off on the regular required.

Honey-like stuff, it is though.

^ yea, ive been looking. Just getting unpatient, I want to ride so bad.

also, does anyone know if these kore stem will fit into my bianchi pista?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/803791470.html

i remember seller said they added a shim so it can fit 1 1/8"

totally stupid on shit like this :x

Sorry, total newb question.

So I'm trying to take my cranks (arms?) off the bottom bracket, I think.

I want to pull the cranks/bottom bracket out so I can paint the frame, but the cranks aren't budging at all. I took off that main nut that connects the Crank arm onto that square part of the bottom bracket, and I don't know if I need to take anything else off to pull the cranks off. They aren't moving at all.

I'm thinking they might have rusted onto the BB, which would suck hardcore. If they did, what would be the best way to get it off?

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3601-1.jpg

me neither,hopefully all being well by the end of next week,still few bits to work out which i think can only be decided on once it gets built up,like sadle chioce grips etc,have a feeling the hed will look a bit out of place but now i have this set im less concerened

seriously, i can't wait any longer.

i need a decent cheap wheelset

I don't know about the quality of this, but this comes with everything you need:

http://bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_STOR20.cgi?Action=Details&ProdID=548

as long as your chain ring is 3/32..

edit:

heres is a TI rail San Marco regal, new for 50 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Selle-San-Marco-Regal-Saddle-Titanium-Rail-White-WCS_W0QQitemZ220270394929QQihZ012QQcategoryZ22693QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

its sorta ugly, but its comfortable.

i don't know how to gauge how long it is. I am new so i don't know whats long or short

whats anverage avg length?

stem length is one of the most important choices when dialing in the fit of your bike, and really depends on your bike size and your body size/proportions.

as for an "average length," it's probably 100mm for a frame that's between 55-57cm.

stems usually have some angle of rise or drop to them too. this is also something to consider.

do you feel like your handlebars are too close? too far away? too low? too high? why are you shopping for a new stem?

Hey, corter...the one thing that I've noticed with grease on the chain is that dirt likes to stick to it. Makes it something that you need to clean more often. I much prefer Tri-Flow, since I swear by it for the bearings in my rollerblades. Could be that I'm just applying entirely too much grease/not wiping enough of it off. My fixie has grease on it now and it's already a mess after 100-ish miles, whereas my Argon 18 has Tri-Flow and hasn't been cleaned in over 400 miles and looks fantasticly void of dirt.

what kinda grease do you need to lube upthe bike chain??

and when you guys skid stop do you crane your neck forward? or put it down like you are swimming in a straight line..

i can skid stop like 5 feet now but are you guys stopping instantly? my leg braking power must be real unstrong i suppose

Hey, corter...the one thing that I've noticed with grease on the chain is that dirt likes to stick to it. Makes it something that you need to clean more often. I much prefer Tri-Flow, since I swear by it for the bearings in my rollerblades. Could be that I'm just applying entirely too much grease/not wiping enough of it off. My fixie has grease on it now and it's already a mess after 100-ish miles, whereas my Argon 18 has Tri-Flow and hasn't been cleaned in over 400 miles and looks fantasticly void of dirt.

i've done about 125 miles thus far this week and there's really no dirt, i'm riding by the beach too. i don't have a problem taking my chain off weekly to stick it in a can of gas and regrease it if it means it stays as silent and smooth as it is now, so i'm just gonna stick with it. much nicer than tri flow ever resulted in, and i've used triflow for years.

fucking got doored today on market street, taxi stopped right in front of me out of nowhere, and then the lady opened the door on my face.

arms are swollen but no bike damage.

i almost stepped on my own glasses ha