one wash options?

02///M3

I went to 45rpm today on the upper east side and tried on one of the most amazing pairs of jeans. Unfortunately, they were $739 (which I didnt know when I tried them on)... waaay out of my price range. The $300 ones didnt fit as well. Either way, it made me realize that I prefer to purchase a pair of one wash rather than raw, for various reasons.

So, my question is.. what other companies do you guys recommend for one wash jeans? I know PBJ has a couple, but Im just curious what else I should be looking for. Thanks for any help! Oh yeah I tried to search this, but had some difficulty.

Oh man.. I'm not even gonna know where to start. I don't know if I tried the Sorahiko slims or just normal Sorahiko's (do both even exist?). There were lots of jeans there, I just asked her for slimmer jeans after the first pair I tried. Thanks for the help guys. Can't wait to go to BIG.

Can someone please explain the pros and cons of one wash? i believe they would stretch out less, and me alot softer and more comfortable, but wouldn't they fade less well.

Why would someone prefer one wash?

like poly said, most japanese companies will offer a one-wash along with the raw, and usually will suggest that you buy the one-wash, for good reason.

what you need to do is just pick a jean you like, and in all likelihood it will come in one-wash as well.

One wash:

1. Should be exact to tag size (don't worry about shrink to fitting them.)

2. They really should not be way softer one wash can still be fairly stiff.

3. One wash has lost very little colour so you would get similar fading as well.

I am sure there are some points to add to this but the biggest overall pro is that fitting is much much easier and very little guess work; I honestly don't know what the cons would be, maybe... to sweet for you? ;)

In my opinion a better question is why would someone prefer STF other than principles.

In my opinion a better question is why would someone prefer STF other than principles.

totally share this sentiment. Unwashed can be beneficial if you are trying to size up or size down to create a specific look as you can (at least somewhat) tailor the shrinkage (temperature of soak, length of soak, wear while drying), but other than that, why? Unless you're buying sanfordized jeans, you have to shrink 'em anyway. mine as well get one wash and get the sizing right...

I wish BIG carried more of their stock in one wash, actually.

Well I hope they carry a few good things in one wash.. cause they are relatively far downtown.

I noticed as soon as I tried on the one wash 45 RPMs that they were more comfortable, and more importantly, less prone to stretching. I could tell that the knees wouldn't really bag out at all vs. raw denim, which I really hate.

BiG stocks raw XX-005s, afaik. Were the $700+ ones the jomons or umiis?

I'm pretty sure they were jomons, but not positive. The back pockets were really far apart from one another, almost on the side of the jeans, and they were a bit more rounded than the other pair's pockets. All I know is I could barely, barely justify spending $300 on a pair of jeans, let alone $750.

Other perveyors of OW = PRPS, Earnest Sewn but if you've got the Japanese bug then you'll probably be too smitten to care! I think some ppl don't ever intend to wash their jeans, only dry clean so I guess they'd go for a raw pair but I learnt the other day that this approach wouldn't work here in the UK where it rains all the f-in time :(

Well I hope they carry a few good things in one wash.. cause they are relatively far downtown.

I noticed as soon as I tried on the one wash 45 RPMs that they were more comfortable, and more importantly, less prone to stretching. I could tell that the knees wouldn't really bag out at all vs. raw denim, which I really hate.

I can show you lots of one washed jeans with bagged out knees.

Knees being bagged out is dependent on if you wash your jeans or don't wash them. If any pair of jeans goes for a prolonged period of time without washing they will stretch.

I am curious how you could tell these knees would not bag out?

I can show you lots of one washed jeans with bagged out knees.

Knees being bagged out is dependent on if you wash your jeans or don't wash them. If any pair of jeans goes for a prolonged period of time without washing they will stretch.

I am curious how you could tell these knees would not bag out?

i didnt try to mess with the jeans at all in the fitting room, but i did bend my knee once. they werent anywhere near as tight in that area as my apcs or nudies. when i bend my knee in the apcs, there is really no give at all, so they have to stretch. these might just have been looser all around, but they were the slim fit.

I would totally recommend some Sugarcanes, they do a one wash in ALL their models they make. all sugarcane models ending in "A" are one wash... we stock them all at Self Edge over the no wash ones because then there's less worry about shrinkage, sizing, etc.. they're slightly shrunk already for you and they've done the presoak for you, so the second you buy them they're ready to wear.