Oh ho? New acceptable Bape pieces?

naturaljax

I just realized how many Stateside college-aged asian hypebeasts are gonna cop that fleece (probably fake off ebay) as an alternative to a Northface.

rolleyes.gif

Oh God! Let's hope the black kids won't get them, because, after all, we already know how "Bape and black people don't work together..." rolleyes.gif

Oh God! Let's hope the black kids won't get them, because, after all, we already know how "Bape and black people don't work together..." rolleyes.gif

icon12.gif

nothing personal, just a general statement about how they tend to rock the clothes.

of course it didn't apply to all!

true, the gloves aren't as good, I just saw them as still a bit more toned-down than most of Bape's other stuff, so figured I'd throw them in there.

Ever seen 90% of Bape stuff pre 2001? It was American basics. Chinos, jeans, ball jackets, sweatshirts and tees in basic colors.

You people seem to have the misguided impression that bape didnt exist before you knew about it. You also seem to think for some fucked up reason that:

a) hoodies RETAIL for the same as ebay shark hoodie prices

and

B) Bape has never done plain stuff before because you havent personally seen it..

To the kid that wants efame for SEEING Bape first back in 2000.Some people here were WEARING Bape in in the`90s so give up.

Bape is ridiculous. The prices don't justify the quality. Hypebeasters are just sheep. I remember seeing bape back in 2000 and thought it was some fobby chinglish stuff. But if someone famous wears it, everyone wants in.

oh yeah, you`re that kid.

Ever owned a piece of real Ape?

Ever seen the slick double zips on some shit and incredible attention to detail? The hidden labels and messages inside the garments? (under velcro, in pockets). Every piece sold in any BWS is also flawless. How does the price not justify the quality? It`s priced the same as every other Harajuku label. You dont know what the fuck you`re talking about.

i'm glad i cashed out on my bape clothes back in the late late 90's. i never expected it to blow up this big- especially when you get asked everyday... what the hell is a bathing ape? what a stupid shirt... and now those kids are rocking fape hard.

anyway, what milspex says is true. the attention to detail and construction of a lot of the things is in fact done well. tshirts aren't anything special... and the quality has dropped quite a bit in the past few years.... i think the resale market skews people's view of the actual cost of the garments if you were to buy in store. anyhow, their outwear is really nice (plugging something i'm selling), and the various bags they've made with porter and without.