Who uses White Oaks Denim?

Dogfarm

I am doing some research on what denim companies are using cone mills white oaks selvedge denim. Anyone who knows of what companies use this denim just post a quick link here.

I am assuming maybe some Levis do, The Gap? But who else? I have no idea which lines or how to find out, but I have been hunting.

PS. Don't say Volcom revolvers. I have seen them and don't like them, maybe with some modification to the exposed selvedge on the belt loop and pocket those would become wearable.

Ok I am not mad but a bit confused. Post about dumb stuff like fitting jeans and difference between one wash and STF which is clearly addressed in stickies gets tonnes of responses but know one cares about this? Which I think is much more intesting.

Maybe that is the answer to the question only I am interested in this.

Blue Star.

Lots of American designer jeans.

The thing we have to keep in mind is White Oak, not to mention Cone, is a goliath. With high production capacity they cannot cater only to the boutique/specialty labels. Therefore don't be surprised if you see jeans using Cone/WO goods from brands like TRLG, RR, AG, even American Eagle, etc. Check this out: http://www.surfsidemailorder.com/detail.aspx?ID=5173 And there are periodically lots of goods that get into the secondary market where a brand may buy it on the cheap for making a special limited edition jean.

But don't let all that fool you. WO can make goods that exceed or are on par with many Japanese mills.

On the other hand there IS some reasoning behind the marketing tagline "made with Japanese denim."

Ok, here is a better question. How cna we tell what quality of White oaks denim is being used, I guess other than actually having the denim in our hands and feeling it, looking at it, carressing, tasting, smelling etc....

I would like to know what some poeples favorites made with White Oaks are.

cone mills is levis primary supplier. they used to sell selvage to abercrombie. they sell selvage to earnest sewn, my line will have selvage from cone.

im not sure who else carries their selvage but i know they supply to everyone from lee to shitty brands like true religion, seven, and rock and republic.

Also keep in mind that Cone mills makes everything from value goods to premium goods. Even White Oak doesn't make just only premium, selvedge goods...in fact vintage character, selvedge goods are only a small percentage of their business.

Just because it's Cone doesn't mean it's SF expectation. Not even all White Oak goods are at SF expectation. The only true way of knowing whether a pair of jeans is made with White Oak, Cone, or high-end Cone goods for that matter, is to either be very familiar with Cone's product or to be an insider.

Or if the denim brand advertises it, like with Blue Star "Handcrafted with genuine Cone Mills White Oak Selvage Denim."

Also keep in mind that Cone mills makes everything from value goods to premium goods. Even White Oak doesn't make just only premium, selvedge goods...in fact vintage character, selvedge goods are only a small percentage of their business.

Just because it's Cone doesn't mean it's SF expectation. Not even all White Oak goods are at SF expectation. The only true way of knowing whether a pair of jeans is made with White Oak, Cone, or high-end Cone goods for that matter, is to either be very familiar with Cone's product or to be an insider.

Or if the denim brand advertises it, like with Blue Star "Handcrafted with genuine Cone Mills White Oak Selvage Denim."

This is outlining I guess what i should have straight up said. How does the cone mills and white oaks denim work? There are many variables they can work into the process to make the denim lower or higher quality right at the mill.

Who knows about White Oaks denim, what lines use a really nice quality of White oaks? I guess the only way is to see it in person so who has some personal experiance. And I don't mean this as a burn but I am looking for more than just "X brand uses cone mills or white oaks denim"

Tell us about your experience with it, what was the denim like? Personally.

re‧search  [ri-surch, ree-surch]

–noun

diligent and systematic inquiry or investigation into a subject in order to discover or revise facts, theories, applications, etc.

I am doing peer and market research right now.

I am not looking for dictionary definitions.

My thread is both an investigation and an inquiry.

I am not asking SF to go out and do research for me but if you know something from your own experience with the product in question I would love to hear from you.

If you don't but want to try and flame my thread maybe don't bother.

chill pill, Dogfarm... i think the lack of responses is simply gaps in knowledge in this area that you're asking about, not a wilful ignorance of the topic.

Either that or sometimes the facts of who uses what denim are sensitive topics. Industry discretion, if you will...at least in the USA.

chill pill, Dogfarm... i think the lack of responses is simply gaps in knowledge in this area that you're asking about, not a willful ignorance of the topic.

I am not mad because there is not much response, I more didn't appreciate the jerky response to a pretty honest question; that I have done research on and found very little on who uses what or even how to figure it out.

Dick Danger has a penchant for posting stuff like that off the cuff... i'm quite sure he doesn't mean to slam you.

i have a question myself - what is the relationship between White Oaks and Cone? are they rival mills now part of the same conglomerate? is one a subsidary of the other? are they separte entities altogether?

Dick Danger has a penchant for posting stuff like that off the cuff... i'm quite sure he doesn't mean to slam you.

i have a question myself - what is the relationship between White Oaks and Cone? are they rival mills now part of the same conglomerate? is one a subsidary of the other? are they separte entities altogether?

Ok I will take his dinkyness with a grain of salt i guess it is in his name.

But, YES what is the deal with Cone and White Oaks. I was under the assumption that White Oaks was a subsidiary of Cone. But at the same time it seems to be it's own entity. We need to learn more about Cone and White Oaks there seems to be little knowledge floating around about them.

white oak is a line of denim made by cone. it is also the name of Cone's flagship plant http://www.burlington.com/pdfs/pr__white_oak_100_years.pdf . . the white oak denim line is fairly new, and the selvedge goods in the white oak line are specifically made on restored, vintage looms in one part of the white oak plant. cone makes different types of selvedge goofd, but the white oak line is made with the goal to produce vintage-style denim and is sold in smaller quantities than the other denim cone makes.