Back pockets. Which styles are most flattering on you?

petng

Hi Guys. From your experience with your jean collections, which back pocket designs are most flattering on you and why and which designs dont work? When I buy jeans i pay far too much attention to how the jeans look in the front and neglect how they look at the back only to find out many weeks latter that they dont suit me. I have seen many photos on this forum where the fit of the jeans look great at the front, but from the back Urrrh!!!

I have an atheletic body with thickish thighs and somewhat average butt that sticks out a little. On me pockets that start lower my ass look the best eg: Nudie Ralphs. Also plain design back pockets look better on me because it doesnt draw attention to my backside. On a lot of jeans with busy stitching I tend to take them off and leave the back pockets plain.

The shape of the pockets also influence how a pair of jeans look on a person. Smallish pockets are better on me than large ones.

I am thinking on a pair of Samurais for they seem to have lowish pockets.

I really really like the pbj pockets, and my howies (old style) pockets they sit with the top half on buttock, bottom half off ( ahem ). Lower placed pockets allways look better, I think if the pockets are too high they look abit grandadesque.

The reason I prefer my pbj's over the apcs ( altho the apcs have a nicer shape, similar to the sda's ) is that the pockets are placed too wide, I think this makes my bum look big. I like the pockets to sit square and not wrap around my arse.

Also the smaller the better, diors look mint. I think big pockets look terrible unless they're slung low.

This post sounds a bit gay doesnt it?

I have an atheletic body with thickish thighs and somewhat average butt that sticks out a little. On me pockets that start lower my ass look the best eg: Nudie RalphsAlso plain design back pockets look better on me because it doesnt draw attention to my backside. On a lot of jeans with busy stitching I tend to take them off and leave the back pockets plain.

The shape of the pockets also influence how a pair of jeans look on a person. Smallish pockets are better on me than large ones.

quoted for the truth. I have the exact same problem and have had problem finding a pair of jeans that can equal my ralphs

this is what i've been thru

samurai jeans = pockets are too big

45 rpm sorahiko nando x nando = perfect

45 rpm sorahiko slim = pocket stitched slightly too high up

Tried on a pair of pbj xx 005 and they will be my next purchase. those fit damned well (size 34)

for skinnier jeans, I also own a pair of Acne Mics (Raven wash) that fit the bum fairly well (size 32 Mics, but size 30 RRDS).

From my experience.

32 sorahiko = 32 acne mic = 30 RRDS = 34 pbj xx 005

i do need some more opinions on this though. sick of finding jeans that fit the bum badly =(

i really hate the look of the nudie back pockets when fresh and brandnew

but after a year or so of wearing, and its all ripped off and scratched up they wave pattern looks really nice as just a fade on your ass where the thread used to be.,

I couldnt wait for a year in mine. also with rotation with other jeans, it would be about 2.5 years before I could get any decent wear on my Ralphs. So i just took the stitching off me. I am 50/50 on whether it is an improvement or not. Sometimes i think they look a bit boring, other times I like them because they are discreet.

I dont think I would do it again on another pair of Nudies.

let's see...I tried really hard to like 'em but i think Imperial pockets are just too damn big.

I like lee style pockets on others but i'm not a huge fan of them on myself.

apc's are alright but a bit too far apart.

I like Nudie back pockets. Can't decide on the wave (i've got one pair without, a couple with) but i really like the size and placement.

And I'm a big fan of Julian Red's back pockets. Good shape and placement, no stitching, all around nice.