What are you not wearing today

FGuru

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of them. Supreme makes some nice tees, like the Deny Everything. I have reservations about the brand, for the above reasons, especially their being ridiculously overpriced, but CB puts together nice streetwear fits that are never over the top, and as a similar-looking dude myself with broadly similar style I respect that.

Guest jmatsu
Sneakerwise I like JB Classics, and Run Athletics has done some nice collabos (I got their Bird of Paradise collab with Flip the Bird, the label of a Hawaii rapper).

Denimwise I wear only dry selvage: Nudies, Know1edge, Crooks & Castles, and I just ordered a Sugar Cane Hawaii 40401A (not dry, I knwow, one wash) from Japan.

Streetwear brands do a lot of clever stuff; I don't really pledge allegiance to any brand in particular, but Manifest's C.R.E.A.M. ripoff of D.A.R.E., Nossa's Che Poppa. This season's The Hundreds is very smart, including the 1984 cover reference and the Sydney Poitier rip (which I interpret as condemning popular American corporate multiculturalism)

In4mation, Hawaii streetwear brand, makes some really subversive tees, often with unexpected progressive religious under/overtones (i.e. the Anarchy logo with rainbow colors in a crown of thorns, or Catholic Jesus with an AK and a gas mask). I like brands that get irreverent with more dressy wear, like polos and wovens, and streetwear brands sometimes do this well.

And I wouldn't just write off all the Hawaii surf brands. Hawaiian Island Creations makes beautiful board shorts, and last time I was back I got a nice Local Motion polo.

Oh and I co-sign the hate on A & F/Hollister, and their Nazi propaganda-looking ads. Also, I think the plaid look is getting very old.

i dislike all of this. everything you seem to be fond of is boring. everything that you've hated on here and in your previous comment has been already been hated on. i hope you're proud of yourself.

anything italian (think d&g, versace, etc)...anything too baggy/loose (fubu, bape, rocca wear)...anything too preppy (a&f, banana rep, hollister shit)...oh those awful hawaiian shirts and nasty looking grail shirts...also those distressed looking sevens, rock & republic & true religion jeans...also don't forget those tacky coach monograms...

AWESOME! Italian = teh sux0rz

Some of them. Supreme makes some nice tees, like the Deny Everything. I have reservations about the brand, for the above reasons, especially their being ridiculously overpriced,

how much do you pay for a tee... supreme only charges 28$ i think... i wouldnt call that overpriced at all.

how much do you pay for a tee... supreme only charges 28$ i think... i wouldnt call that overpriced at all.

I agree, Compared to online retailers of streetwear, Supreme is by far one of the cheapest brands out there.

oh, and you know what I hate...

All labels.

Everyones gone to shit. I haven't seen anything cut & sew in a year that HAD to have.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Ed hardy...

Ed Hardy @ JC Penny.

IMG_0692.jpg

Blows me away that people will buy Ed Hardy at Nordstrom for full pop when it's at Costco and JC Penny on closeout...

Edit: I'm surprised people buy it at all, so it doesn't have to be said.

• 3 months later...