I haaaaaaaaaate Canada post.

nairb49

I am consistently surprised by how awful Canada Post is. As an American citizen, I took the US Postal Service for granted most of my life until I moved away and realized how good I had it (isn't that how it always works?)

It's insane -- Canada Post is incredibly expensive, slow, disorganized, bloated, inefficient, and seems to have some sort of underhanded revenue-sharing agreement with Canadian Customs/Immigration in which duty is charged as often as possible, wherever possible, and sometimes, on occasion, when it isn't possible but they do it anyway. Why can't Canada get it together? Too few citizens to make a world-class postal service viable? Is Canada's existential curse of too much geography once again rearing its ugly head?

I suspect it is exactly the geographical problem thats cursing them. too much distance to cover with too few people spread out over it.

I just recently got charged customs on 2 items, 30 bucks on an item marked as 50, and 15 bucks on an item marked as 60.

NEITHER of them was opened, so its almost like its flip a coin, arbitrary!

plus, no one ever believes me when I tell them how much shipping will be, they always think i'm trying to make tons of money off them.

Haha. Yeah. I love the fucking COMPLETELY RANDOM duty fees. $500 items get through with no fees and $25 items cost you $40.

The shipping prices are nuts, even domestically. It costs twenty bucks to get something from one end of the country to the other within a week. Oh how I miss Priority Mail :(

the key to getting a better service is to officially complain with things that shouldn't happen happens. had some problem recently, filed an official complain and was so surprised and how nicely they treated me and how serious they looked about fixing the problems (don't know if anything's gonna change....)

about custom charges, they often overcharged me and i complained and was often reimbursed. you're actually only suppose to pay the GST on most items.

Fuckers sent my Samurais back and I ended up having to pay for shipping twice. I'm gonna see if I can get some money back, but last time I talked to them they said it was the senders responsibility to get a refund.

if they didn't deliver 2 notices and kept the package for 15 days, then it's their fault and they should reimburse you.

they seriously sucks, like today, they delivered a package for me, but didn't even ring the fucking bell, just left a notice in the mailbox... 2 days after i did an official complain. seriously, the mail dudes are way too lazy, i guess this is what happened when you have a rock-solid job security, you stop caring about you "customers". guess i'll have to complain again...

they seriously sucks, like today, they delivered a package for me, but didn't even ring the fucking bell, just left a notice in the mailbox... 2 days after i did an official complain. seriously, the mail dudes are way too lazy, i guess this is what happened when you have a rock-solid job security, you stop caring about you "customers". guess i'll have to complain again...
This happens to me all the time. They don't even attempt delivery; they just hold the package and extra day and give me a delivery slip the day after.