HARE sizing/Asian sizing in general?

Sylvestre

Could any body give me a few pointers on general sizing on asian made jackets? I assume they run smaller, or slimmer atleast. I have this jacket in mind.

http://zozo.jp/shop/hare/goods.html?did=425069&cid=1749&pno=1

I'm quite small, I'm a small or extra small in any other jackets. My main concern is it fitting in the shoulders and sleeves.

Thanks guys!

unless you are a skeletal 15 year old japanese dude i would recommend against ordering anything sz small from hare. i tried on a sz medium drape shirt of theirs and the shoulder width was so narrow that i almost tore the damn thing in half. i dont think their sizing is generalizable as 'asian sizing' though.

i'm interested in getting one of the m65s, but apparently the quality isn't so good. a search didn't really turn up much evidence, and i think they might have just been talking about the shoes. does anyone have any first hand experiences with hare stuff (especially the m65)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry another sizing question......im interested in getting a jacket from hare but im not sure whether to go M or L. The model for the jacket is 55kgs, where as i am 66kgs. Do you think a M would fit me? Im after a snug fit. I also looked at the measurements for it and i fit the chest enclosure but the shoulder length for M is abit small. Anyone wanna share some opinions? Thanks

ohh and the jacket is this one http://zozo.jp/shop/hare/goods.html?did=471542&cid=1749&pno=2

• 1 month later...
bump. anyone with updates on the HARE M-65s? any feedback would be nice. Thanks!

I've got the M-65... I actually like it because it has a slimmer cut to it. Hare pieces are kind of dodgy in terms of quality though... Other jackets of theirs I have have popped buttons on the first day of wear...

No real complaints about the M-65 though, aside from maybe the zipper... kind of flimsy feeling...

It's pretty thin. At least in Seattle right now I need something long sleeve underneath it. I can fit a hoodie under there but just barely; it gets a bit tight.

Tonybag0dohnutz: It depends. I'm about a 34" chest and this, due perhaps to the arm holes, is pretty tight. The size different between the medium and large, though, is so minor, though, that I could probably fit perfectly into it as well.

The Hare size M on the M-65 is SMALL. I am gonna throw my M65 up on supermarket one of these days because I can't really wear mine without feeling I will bust the arms off if I wear it. I'd say the Hare size M fits people who are more Euro size 44/size XS.

mine's the khaki/olive color. Size medium, just like ruach's there in the picture.

Back on track, the measurements I got off my Hare size medium jacket were:

40cm shoulder to shoulder, 60cm sleeves, 70cm back length, to give an idea of how the sizing runs here.