To hem or not to hem, help with fit (pics inside)

khaltire

Hey guys, so my jeans finally dried and are ready to be hemmed.. so now I face a dilemma. I originally had intented to hem them to a 32 inch inseam, but now Im not so sure... Here are the pics.. Let me know what you think would look the best. Note, the one with the cuff would be the length if it were hemmed to a 32 inch inseam, the uncuffed leg is at 37 inch inseam... I cant decide on whether I like the stacking or the clean straight look.. I think Im leaning towards somwhere in the middle though, like 34? It seems crazy though, cause in reality I am a 30 inseam (32 working seems good though since these fit high on the waist). Let me know your opinions. Pics:

2qx2f77.jpg

35l9dh1.jpg

2cfr5ow.jpg

2aam4yb.jpg

personally,they look way to big,I used to wear my jeans big like that in the waist,and only recently learnt that jeans that fit round the waist always look way better on,but if you like the fit thats cool,id prob get them hemmed as they are kinda dwarfing you at the min,just make sure you take them somewhere that will do it nice.

Thanks, seenmy... I think Im leaning towards the 32 length now.. big by superfuture standards is fine by me

Also, sam113, you said they are going to fall off, but in reality I can't take them off without undoing the top 2 buttons.. I dunno if its the fit or its just shape of my waist, but they won't fall off

It's not that they're baggy that Sam, DD, and Rirawin were on about, it's that they balloon as soon as they get to your thighs which looks terrible with a high-waisted pair of pants. The fit in the seat is good, but the legs look very off. They might look better when they fall to fit, who knows.

And yes, by all means get them hemmed, there is far too much stacking going on which just accentuates the balloon effect.

Thanks for the opinions guys.. thats what happens I guess when you buy a pair of jeans that nobody else has and you can't try them on.. oh well.. Im still gonna keep em... Im 20 years old, pretty small dude, 5'6 120 lbs.. I do see what you guys mean by the ballooning though.. but what can I do? not much, after all its just jeans, I can deal with it.. going to the mall to get them hemmed now

I unfortunately agree with Chicken, sell them. You can get much better pair of jeans that will fit you. If you want to keep them give them a very hot long soak and hem them.

I see few people here buying jeans without trying them on and with mixed results. I’m lucky to be able to go to BiG and try different stuff but if you can’t do it just ask people on this board. I PM’ed few people here asking them about the fit of their jeans and the measurements and everyone is always very helpful.

I am no expert, but I think they are a bit big on you. Unless you want to go hip hop style, I suggest you to sell it and find something else that fits better. :)

hip hop style is 2 sizes too big - his jeans fit fine and will fit better with time .

>>> I would get them hemmed to 31 or 32" final length

Anyways, just for kicks I decided to take some pics with my fit for today wearing the jeans... honestly, its not THAT terrible.. Ive seen jeans that fit way worse on people... I can get away with it.. I think the puffiness has to do with how stiff they are (extremely).. this morning they were lilke a board, I could stand them up after soaking.

After all, I wont be walking around topless in my jeans anyways.. if pics dont load tiny pic is acting up again

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looking much better. The puffiness is also due to the thickness of the denim, and the fact that you had so much stacked at the bottom that it was puffing out your thighs and crotch. Once you break them in they'll drape a little more. It's still a very relaxed-looking jean so if that's what you're going for, then good choice.

I got my friend in Japan to get me a pair.. ordering from the Jet site doesn't really work.. I got them hemmed to 32 an hour ago, they are much better now. I think Ill wear them.. with a regular outfit they seem to look fine

Did he happen to get them from the Dry Bones store in Osaka? I've been pretty much wanting to know if they also have the option to choose between non-wash/one-wash and sizes lower than 28 over there.

I've asked a friend to check the store out for me as well, but she's very busy with work so she doesn't really have the time.

One more question: could you tell me the actual measurements of the waist and are they worn high or low?

I wear my clothes pretty much how you see in that pic, I wouldnt say they are oversized or tight, somewhere in the middle... In all honesty, I would have liked them to be slimmer (the leg opening at the bottom is 23 CM!)... I prefer something like 19cm or 20cm or so.. Maybe I should ahve gone for some Diors, I heard they are good for small slim dudes.. oh well, I think in a couple weeks these will be looking alot better

Ninjapie, as far as I know, they dont have anything smaller than 28.. they fit HIGH on the waist, as you can see in the first page... that is why a 32 works in length for me in this case, when generally I'm a 30 inseam. The jeans came as 30x37, shrunk down to probably 28x36, got them hemmed to 32... Hope that helps. I wouldnt recommend these jeans unless you have big legs, they seem to be a bigger 'regular fit' than most... I was surprised for a Japanese company to fit so large