APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was determined that the yellow water is from the indigo?

It's starch.

The indigo on the jeans is oxidized (it is yellow before dying, oxidizes on the yarn to become blue afaik), and will not magically de-oxidize and turn yellow again.

if the indigo is coming off during a soak, it will make the water blueish, but with all the starch in the water (making it yellow) you likely won't notice that until the tub drains and there may be a blue ring.

no i can button them and the thighs fit good now but the waist is still really tight!! i sized down 3! ive talked to people 20lbs more than me wearing my size so i don't get it?

should i put them on and sit in a tub of hot water?

id say run around in them or ride a bike..riding around a bike stretched them out really good for me..

they feel good. makes me wonder what they'd feel like now if i hadn't soaked them. hrm...

I had to soak mine pretty early on, friend spilled a beer on my lap about 2 weeks in. It lost the sheen and some of the starch, but I'm really happy with how they fit, fade, and wear. I wouldn't sweat it. I'd love to start fresh someday, but in the meantime the soak(s) really helped break these in and soften up a bit.

How long have you worn that for?

more or less 4 days

It's starch.

The indigo on the jeans is oxidized (it is yellow before dying, oxidizes on the yarn to become blue afaik), and will not magically de-oxidize and turn yellow again.

if the indigo is coming off during a soak, it will make the water blueish, but with all the starch in the water (making it yellow) you likely won't notice that until the tub drains and there may be a blue ring.

mine was green... blue + yellow = green? lol

looking to get some feedback on the whole look of it.

the knee buldges look weird

should I get them hemmed? though I like there to be stacking, i feel like theres something wrong, I don't know what.

I got a 29 but now it stretched out to be like a 34 (my waist now).

Maybe I should have gotten a 28.

P1040036.jpg

P1040038.jpg

A week into my pair of NCs.

1-1.jpg

Just repeating what everyone said here, but I sized down 2 and was barely able to button it up all the way. Now they fit pretty slim like what i hoped for. And the front pockets are pretty much unusable since they are so small.....

looking to get some feedback on the whole look of it.

the knee buldges look weird

should I get them hemmed? though I like there to be stacking, i feel like theres something wrong, I don't know what.

I got a 29 but now it stretched out to be like a 34 (my waist now).

Maybe I should have gotten a 28.

P1040036.jpg

P1040038.jpg

Are those new standards?

my new cures with about 5 or six months with no wash..i wear them about every other week now...and honestly they dont smell cause they air out pretty good..

cm3.jpg

Nice fit on those. How much did you size down?

thats crazy that you have a 26 and they still look a little loose

how tight were they to begin with?

Tight enought that it was a struggle to put on buttons. I'm 28-29. They feel comforatble now and still continue to stretch little by little.

Darn! Now I"m worried looking at all those stretches. I'm a 31-32 true waist (generally wear sz30, but if I eat a lot, my waist can expand to 32) and I bought a 29 for safety. Tried it on at a store and it was comfortably tight. Now I see you guys having major stretched jeans *scared* (especially dammalex's 26 that's almost baggy).