APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

witts, those are the alife rtft slipons.

TragicBliss, there's no label inside which is why I had no idea which model they were even though the seller said they were the english. Even though they've been washed, do you think I can still get some fading in? I think I'm gonna keep them since they're probably gonna stretch.

i'm still pissed that apc can't get sizing correct. i bought a pair of rescues one size down, and they fit just slightly loose when i bought them. now, after much wear, they've stretched out about 2 more inches, so now the waist is about 3 inches too big!!

grrrrrr.....

so i just bought a pair of nudie dry selvedge regular ralfs... perfect. my new project denim.

i actually like these better than the apc's. aside from that crap on the pockets.

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

New Standard = Back Rise 13.75", Front Rise 11", Leg Opening about 8.5"

Rescue (from whst others said) = Back Rise 15.5", Front Rise 11.5", Leg Opening 9.25"

English (from what others said) = Back Rise 14.5", Front Rise 11.5", Leg Opening 9.75"

Edited by Geowu on Jul 4, 2005 at 10:16 PM

My size 31 Rescues aren't even 9" at the leg opening. They're a little over 8.75.

They're very similar to 501s that I have, but a more flattering fit overall. More fitted in the thigh area and less of that "anti-fit", poofy-butt thing the newer Levis have.

high_contrast they will absolutely stretch if you wear them while sleeping. GO without washing them for awhile and they'll stretch out quite a bit, especially from where they're at now. There's no way those are the Anglaise though, they are super tight!! I have the women's jeans and they are way looser than those.

My Rescue are a 10.5" rise and about 9" leg opening

Size 31 - No wash and coming along quite nicely - getting some nice contrasting crease lines.

I wouldn't worry if you have a tight pair - enough wear without washing and the bitches will stretch out like a sunset st hooker

In 2 weeks I'll post wear progress along with measurement photos.

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

I recently purchased a pair of apc english in a 32, but now I realize that they are too big in the waste, and a little looser than I'd like. Would I be better off getting the rescue, since I can't find any of the english, in a size 31, or should I size down even further to a 30.

My size 31 Rescues are exactly a size 34 (17" wide when laid flat) after washing. They were 17.25" wide when I first got them (so they shrank about .5" through the waist to the next whole size.)

And based on what I've been reading, Rescues all seem to run 3 sizes too big. Just figure out how wide across you like your pants (15, 15.5, 16...), multiply by 2, then subtract 3, and that should be good (at least it worked for me.)

Quote:

New Standard = Back Rise 13.75", Front Rise 11", Leg Opening about 8.5"

Rescue (from whst others said) = Back Rise 15.5", Front Rise 11.5", Leg Opening 9.25"

English (from what others said) = Back Rise 14.5", Front Rise 11.5", Leg Opening 9.75"

Edited by Geowu on Jul 4, 2005 at 10:16 PM

--- Original message by Geowu on Jul 4, 2005 10:07 PM

thanks a WHOLE lot Geowu!

Unisex = depends on your taste in fits. I was used to a more loose fit before I got my NS and I kinda dislike the slim fit of the jean. If I had a choice, I would have gotten then English a few months back.

Hi guys, i've just dug up a brand new pair of 29" APC selvage jeans which are labelled as 'Bootleg' (though they're just straight cut) and are made in Tunisia. It seems that the majority of APC jeans mentioned on this thread all run large, but these for some reason are true to size, if not a bit smaller.

Any idea what jeans these are, is there a version of current APC jeans in which these 'Bootleg' versions could be said to be an equivalent of? Worth anything at all?

Cheers.

doo, one of our esteemed denim freaks picked up a pair of those bootlegs as well. Bootleg means that it is wide enough to cover the boot at the opening and does not necessarily denote a flare, as exemplified in their current line by the Rescue and Hipster (Women's jeans).

It seems that the APCs are either made in Tunisia or Macau, and whether you get one or the other is sort of random luck.

Westmount, the unisex jeans are on the slimmer side and definitely fit in with the vans/converse look moreso than dunks.

I guess that would be me. I have some Bootleg jeans that run true to size and are made in Tunesia. Just by guessing from the amount of wear, I would say mine are at least 4-5 years old. And as wild said, bootleg is not boot cut, for then you would not have a straight outseam.

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

I've worn my unknown tightass cut apc's to sleep for the past 2 nights and done stretches in them during the day and they've stretched out a little bit. Should take another week of stretching before I plan to wear them outside.

I was in a store today, it was a store for womenclothing, so they were pretty surprised to have a male customer. Tried on a pair of APC new standards, but damn, those are great. The fitting was awesome, and the jean was looking so good, so nice, and so clean. Too bad they didn't had a size 30 there, cuz I was afraid that size 31 would get too wide for me.

But I'm sure that I'm gonna buy a pair of APC's, they're so much better than what I've seen so far.

Edited by berent on Jul 8, 2005 at 08:49 AM

got a pair of the english about 6 months ago at selfridges. they were going for 69 but my wifey works there so another 35% off...not bad, but oddly enough about 3 weeks ago before the sale they had some english going for the same price but the new standards for way more...

Man, I've been lurking this forum for quite some time now. The whole evolutions of jeans that comes with wear is absolutely awesome. I currently wear a bunch of Levi's Red jeans which I'll be sure to take some pictures to show them off. Thanks to this thread, now I'm hardset on buying a pair of APC's. I can't wait 'till I get them. :)