APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to order those New Standards (after I saw them on Tragic Bliss, thank you!), but that sizing... I'm usually 29/30 (I wear them low), little bit over 6 feet tall (185cm) 150 pounds. I guess I'm a bit bigger than Tragic so 29" would be okay for me...?

If I'm free it's because I'm always running...

moykky, you should read through the whole thread. there are tons of questions/comments about sizing. start from the front and read all the way through to the end. you will then know all you need to about apc's. i would imagine that you need a 28, though.

yeah.. that doesn't exactly help me.

so what you are saying is that APC makes nothing at all that comes close to the RR's?

Theres nothing special about the RR's, just your standard bootcut I guess. I wear a size 30 waist in those, just wondering what I should get. anyone else?

Quote: yeah.. that doesn't exactly help me.

so what you are saying is that APC makes nothing at all that comes close to the RR's?

Theres nothing special about the RR's, just your standard bootcut I guess. I wear a size 30 waist in those, just wondering what I should get. anyone else?

JESUS CHRIST READ THE THREAD

WHY do people CONTINUE asking questions like this? IT HAS ALL BEEN ANSWERED MANY TIMES BEFORE

i've read the entire thread.. all 30 pages of them.

Not once did I see a question similar to mine regarding the Ralfs.

And you seriously need to calm down buddy.

Tell me.. if i can't ask this simple question here in this thread,

then just what is the entire point of this post and what is 'acceptable' for you?

And instead of spamming with your smartass remark you could just as easily answer.

mike, if you would have read the thread you would know that they DON'T make a bootcut. i do not believe you read this thread or apc's website. if you did you would know they don't make bootcuts and that is really the only distinctive thing about the ralfs. the rescue would be the closest but are not bootcut. please re-read the thread and apc's website, there are tons of discussions about the different styles and the way they fit. apc makes nice jeans but nothing like the ralfs, that is why nobody has mentioned any of these styles that are similar to them.

Ok like I've said I've gone and read through this entire thread. All the APC website says is that the New Standard is neither high or low rise. The little description here in the post said New Standard was New Standard. And seriously wtf does new standard mean.

Thanks to those that actually answered the questions without being a complete jackass. It was a simple question. Get the f*ck over yourselves. This is the "APC THREAD".. for people who are new to the denim to ask a simple question.. am I right or am I right? And hell, if someone didn't wanna go read 30+ pages let them post their damn question. If it bothers you THAT much, just ignore the post and STFU.

hohoho

(unconstructive TIP post of the day)

yeah you're looking at APC only if you want fitted jeans. no bootcuts. only the rescue (straight) is more regular.

i think what they meant was that your questions (wtf is new standard) have been answered over and over again. you can't blame people for hating on your question if it's the same one that's been asked over 30+ pages. they can't blame you for asking the question.

in this very thread someone's stated that the new standard's a lower rise cut than the original standard. you'll understand that APC has alot of sizing issues, but of late you'll be better off going 2 sizes down from your regular jean sizes in general since they've staretd to ensure some measure of consistency. and what is the new standard? well, i'd imagine "neither high nor low rise" means they're meant to sit nicely on the hips aka medium rise. and they are indeed so.

so the point here is when they say read the thread, they do mean read the thread. i've read it, and it's a useful thread. posting that same new question is like having a hundred people asking for a math solution at varying times. i'd get pretty pissed after awhile.

so nowhere in this thread describes the new standard? you didn't read anybody post how they were tapered jeans? if a rise isn't low or high, is is regular/middle. i'm sure you read that most people wear them tight and size down. what else do you need to know? seriously, read the thread. i know you haven't. just because you read two of the pages doesn't mean you read it all. you will seriously know everything about APC jeans if you read this thread.

hey can anybody compare the women's low rise apc jeans to the nudie slim kims? i normally wear a size 28 in low rise but when i tried on the slim kims, they were too tight and thought i should get a size 29 but changed my mind.

do the low rise apc's run bigger or smaller as opposed to the slim kims (i think that they were too tight because of the higher rise )? i'm just wondering because i hear that there are a lot of issues with the apc sizing.. just want to be on the safe side.

r a w k u z

you probably want them too tight as they'll stretch out.

are you a girl? if so, get them as tight as possible. if you can't button them up it's okay, you will be able to after awhile.

i have no idea how the women's APC jeans are. i think a couple of guys have worn them before but they haven't been brought up very much on the board.

thanks! i'm a girl, so i'm guessing i should get a size 27? i think some people have posted on here that the sizes tend to run up to 3 sizes bigger, not sure if that is correct... and i'm going to get them off the website since i'm having hte worse luck finding the low rise apc's in my size in the bay area.

r a w k u z

Azalea in San Francisco carries APC. Have you tried them? I believe they have the girls' jeans as well.

I think you should get a size 27. It cannot be overstated how much these jeans stretch. That said, are you planning on washing these things very rarely? If you're washing them frequently then a less-initially-tight size might be a better idea.

Quote:

hey can anybody compare the women's low rise apc jeans to the nudie slim kims? i normally wear a size 28 in low rise but when i tried on the slim kims, they were too tight and thought i should get a size 29 but changed my mind.

do the low rise apc's run bigger or smaller as opposed to the slim kims (i think that they were too tight because of the higher rise )? i'm just wondering because i hear that there are a lot of issues with the apc sizing.. just want to be on the safe side.

--- Original message by rawkuz on Jun 4, 2006 04:06 PM

Sizing is a little bit of a different story between men and women, because men = no ass.

Get whatever is comfortably tight. That's my best advice. If you have a chance to try them on, do it.

just wondering does anyone own the new standards and the nudie SS (straight sven)

just wondering if the standards are alot tighter than the SS? havent really seen many people here with the SS on, but from my understanding its roomier in the thigh and leg than the NS..