APC denim

Geowu

Quote:
Quote:

now when you guys talk about sizing down for apcs...

what size are you referring too..

im a true 32 waist

so would i ask for a pair that measures out to be a true 28/29

or a 28/29 in APC sizing

cause from reading the thread...ive been hearing APC sizing is all over the place

--- Original message by ngbetter11 on Apr 9, 2006 10:07 PM

I'm a true 32, and I'm rocking 29 rescues now -- could probably fit into 28s

--- Original message by konsl on Apr 9, 2006 10:22 PM

i know about the whole sizing 3-4 sizes down thing..

i just want to know if the 29 you refer to is a TRUE size 29 (like if you measured with tape measure..it would measure to be 29 inches), or if its a 29 in APC sizing

sorry if thats a bit confusing

wish i could figure out an easier way to word it

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confusion is definitely the right word.

i'm a 30 in most jeans, a 28 in raw new standards, and i'm thinking of grabbing the men's faded black straight jeans (formerly rescues, shown at http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C021012237H).

the smallest they make these is 29....since i am a 28 in raw new standards, which were tight at first but have stretched out perfectly, are these washed straight jeans in size 29 likely to be too big?

http://www.myspace.com/eleventhhereacheslondon

http://www.myspace.com/fooltheworld

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

now when you guys talk about sizing down for apcs...

what size are you referring too..

im a true 32 waist

so would i ask for a pair that measures out to be a true 28/29

or a 28/29 in APC sizing

cause from reading the thread...ive been hearing APC sizing is all over the place

--- Original message by ngbetter11 on Apr 9, 2006 10:07 PM

I'm a true 32, and I'm rocking 29 rescues now -- could probably fit into 28s

--- Original message by konsl on Apr 9, 2006 10:22 PM

i know about the whole sizing 3-4 sizes down thing..

i just want to know if the 29 you refer to is a TRUE size 29 (like if you measured with tape measure..it would measure to be 29 inches), or if its a 29 in APC sizing

sorry if thats a bit confusing

wish i could figure out an easier way to word it

--- Original message by ngbetter11 on Apr 10, 2006 12:47 AM

the actual measurement on APCs would be much higher than the reported size.

as i said, i'm wearing a 29 rescue (loose), but i'm a true 32 or something..

Quote:

i just go tmy first pair of rescues. They seem to be too tight. I know that the waist will expand but will all parts of the jeans expand as well?

--- Original message by qwerty on Apr 10, 2006 04:54 PM

Definitely!

The APCs i receieved were hemmed and the original cuff wasn't saved. I was rather disappointed. The brown line indicates where the sititching was removed. I was wondering if someone could help me out and measure the length between where the two pink arrows are pointing? I need to get these pants to a taylor quick.

1109680359481p10100291im.jpg

ive got a new question i hope:

are the black apc new standards black enough so they could pass for dress pants? if not, ive seen that there are NS trousers, but i havent heard if those come in black or not...

prom is coming up and i need something slick to wear and i LOVE the way dior suits fit but theres no way i can afford one... (but ive wanted some black NS for awhile anyhow)

Quote:
Quote:

29 rescues means the size in APC is 29.

i'm about true 32 at the waist/hip, and i do 27 new standards.

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Apr 11, 2006 09:25 AM

what was the actual measurement of your 27 new standards?

--- Original message by ngbetter11 on Apr 11, 2006 10:52 AM

i took that picture off the front page. those aren't mines. i want a taylor to fix it back like that.

Quote:

ive got a new question i hope:

are the black apc new standards black enough so they could pass for dress pants? if not, ive seen that there are NS trousers, but i havent heard if those come in black or not...

prom is coming up and i need something slick to wear and i LOVE the way dior suits fit but theres no way i can afford one... (but ive wanted some black NS for awhile anyhow)

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Apr 11, 2006 04:55 PM

Well they are very black when you first get them but they fade every wash. Don't think you could pass them off as dress trousers though because of the hem and the tight fit. Why don't you hit up an H&M or Zara if you want slim fitting dress pants.

hmmm, i love the fit though :(

h&m is pretty out of the question unless someone is willing to buy/ship them to me, and zara too i THINK. how slim do zara's pants get?

edit-- i want my suit to fit like this--

[url="http://firstview.com/MENfall2004/DIOR_MEN/"]<a href="http://firstview.com/MENfall2004/DIOR_MEN/" target="_blank">http://firstview.com/MENfall2004/DIOR_MEN/00093.L.JPG</a>

theres a bunch at http://firstview.com/MENfall2004/DIOR_MEN/

Edited by shagnscoob on Apr 12, 2006 at 07:03 AM

Edited by shagnscoob on Apr 12, 2006 at 07:05 AM

Zara pants are relatively slim, not dior slim but more so then american designers. Hmm only other designers that I have seen this season that have pants similar to the dior ones is Costume National however I believe there are only 2 boutiques in the us: la and nyc. they are very expensive as well, about 500 bucks for a pair of trousers. You can also try Cloak they are a little bit cheaper then the euro brands and also have similar skinny legged silohuettes for their trousers. Since they are a high fashion boutique you can sometimes call them up and order stuff over the phone, worth a try. www.cloakdesign.com has the entire spring show for viewing.

hm.

they don't have a leather patch, if that's what you mean?

the, uh, denim, is made out of cotton and as we all know, cotton gins have killed many farmworkers in horrible accidents over the years... not to mention all those disfigured in the foundries extracting the copper ore to make those rivets...

you can take any absolutist ideology to ridiculous extremes, so i guess it's all about what you're comfortable with.

Quote:

Zara pants are relatively slim, not dior slim but more so then american designers. Hmm only other designers that I have seen this season that have pants similar to the dior ones is Costume National however I believe there are only 2 boutiques in the us: la and nyc. they are very expensive as well, about 500 bucks for a pair of trousers. You can also try Cloak they are a little bit cheaper then the euro brands and also have similar skinny legged silohuettes for their trousers. Since they are a high fashion boutique you can sometimes call them up and order stuff over the phone, worth a try. www.cloakdesign.com has the entire spring show for viewing.

--- Original message by marquischacha on Apr 12, 2006 11:01 AM

both of those brands are way out of my pricerange :(

the reason i considered overdyed NS was because i thought they didnt fade and i would wear them around anyway.

i guess my other choice now is to go to the garment district in downtown LA and have a suit tailored, i hear you can get a nice suit and have it tailored for around $150. anyone have experience with that specific area? could i bring a picture in and say 'i want it to look like this."

Well if you live in LA then you can visit Zara at the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica. Suits go for about 250-300 and are very well tailored. Smallest suit size is a 36 though which is 30 waist or there abouts. I have heard very good things about how well they fit. If you don't have money to spend then just rent a tux.

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from LA last week... went to the HTC at fred segal in santa monica looking to get a pair of new standards. i called them a day or two before i left town, asking if they had a full range of sizes, and they said "yes, all sizes." got down there and all they've got are 25, 26, and 27s in cure, hipster, rescue and NS...

waste.

of.

time.

got home, called mauro at denim bar on monday, wore my new jeans out on thursday night (they actually arrived on wednesday, but i wasn't home to sign for them)... $25 cheaper than HTC's retail, awesome service - i'd recommend mauro to anyone interested in picking up a pair.