APC denim

Geowu

Guest jeffvyain

just ordered some APC new standards from the denim bar today. I can't even begin to describe the excitement. Should have them in the next couple days... already VERY impressed with denim bar's service. Those guys really know their shit, and they are fast.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this a pic of my apc ns sz27. im usually a size30.

i think they fit rather tight, but the general consensus is that they stretch like taffy. i really hope they become looser overall. from the pic u can tell they are tight around the knees right now.

cimg00116ud.jpgcimg00138fz.jpg

fashion changes, style remains

Edited by ikidomari on Apr 3, 2006 at 05:31 PM

Edited by ikidomari on Apr 3, 2006 at 05:45 PM

man i regret gettin a 29 now. cus when i first bought em like 5 months ago is was a 30-31, and i started losing weight icon_smile_big.gif but now there hella big at the waist. i wear a belt as tight as possible and seemed to help. now im like a natural 28-29 and i regret not gettin sz 27 standards instead of my 29 cure's.

Im SchnaZZy

Quote:

man i regret gettin a 29 now. cus when i first bought em like 5 months ago is was a 30-31, and i started losing weight icon_smile_big.gif but now there hella big at the waist. i wear a belt as tight as possible and seemed to help. now im like a natural 28-29 and i regret not gettin sz 27 standards instead of my 29 cure's.

--- Original message by GeriZZald on Apr 3, 2006 09:04 PM

let me know if you are selling it.

Quote:

Good interview with APC creator posted by PHROST3:

http://www.refinery29.com/archives/editorial-features/000211.php

--- Original message by BumbaClot on Apr 3, 2006 09:00 PM

Great interview!

Here are a few more:

Index Magazine Interview from 1997: http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/jean_touitou.shtml

Fashion Windows Interview from 2001: http://www.fashionwindows.com/beauty/apc/default.asp

It's amazing what Jean Touitou knew about denim quality and slim cuts almost 10 years ago. The guy is total inspiration...

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on Apr 4, 2006 at 12:01 PM

Quick question: for those of you that rock both APC NS and Nudie RRDS, what sizes of both do you wear?

I got a pair of RRDS in 31x32 and sold them coz they stretched out to be too big, just received my RRDS in 30x32 today.

While I was waiting for my Kitchener shipment I have been working on a pair of APC NS in 28, they were balls-crushing tight but after 2 weeks they fit just right, still tight, but I like it. I just put on my new RRDS in 30x32 and they not nowhere as tight as my 2-wk-old APC NS'.

So hence my question above, or more to the point; how many size(s) do you guys upsize going from APC NS to Nudie RRDS? Thanks for any insight!

Edited by ayn on Apr 4, 2006 at 01:52 PM

29 in A.P.C.'s, 30 in Nudies. The A.P.C.'s seem to stretch more than Nudies, at least from my experience anyway. But both have stretched comfortably. I can't tell you the measurements and comparisons I'm at work and I'm wearing suit pants right now.

Quote:

29 in A.P.C.'s, 30 in Nudies. The A.P.C.'s seem to stretch more than Nudies, at least from my experience anyway. But both have stretched comfortably. I can't tell you the measurements and comparisons I'm at work and I'm wearing suit pants right now.

--- Original message by LanceP on Apr 4, 2006 02:33 PM

Cool. When you first got your RRDS and APC, were you able to do all the buttons? With my APC NS in 28 the first few hours I could only do 2 of the 4 buttons, and after a day I could do 3 of them... The next several days I could do all the buttons if I laid down in my bed to button them... Now I can button them all when standing up, but still have to force them closer to button the last 2.

With my RRDS in 30" I can easily do all the buttons the first time I put them on... I'm not sure if I should exchange them for a 29w, it takes 3 weeks to get them from Kitchener which really sucks... :)

Edited by ayn on Apr 4, 2006 at 02:49 PM

Yeah. The A.P.C.'s were a little harder to button all the way, but they weren't tight as shit. The Nudies I could button up all the way no problem, but they were by no means baggy -- I'd say a regular fit.

If you want the slim fit on the RRDS, I'd say go with the 29W, although those jeans aren't really slim looking at all. I, personally, would've gone with the Slim Jim's or Thin Finn's for that particular look.

Quote:

Yeah. The A.P.C.'s were a little harder to button all the way, but they weren't tight as shit. The Nudies I could button up all the way no problem, but they were by no means baggy -- I'd say a regular fit.

If you want the slim fit on the RRDS, I'd say go with the 29W, although those jeans aren't really slim looking at all. I, personally, would've gone with the Slim Jim's or Thin Finn's for that particular look.

--- Original message by LanceP on Apr 4, 2006 02:57 PM

Yeah, you're absolutely right... I think right now I'd prefer a pair of SSDS over the RRDS. Sounds like your APC's weren't as tight as mine when new, so we probably have similar waist sizes... they were tight as shit for sure!! To give u an idea of how tight they were, the second or third day in my NS I had a big dinner but after I ate everything I was still hungry. turned out the food couldn't get down to my stomach coz them APC were too tight, I went home and changed out to some loose workout pants and then after a short while I didn't feel hungry anymore! HAHA!

so I guess my RRDS in 30 should be alright... I think I'm just used to the slimmer fit of the APC NS so the RRDS are looking and feeling super baggy to me right now... :) and after the stretching even the APC NS' are feeling a little bit baggy... Maybe I'll go for the Slim Jim next time... ;) the TF are way too skinny...

--Andrew

quick question. do they make fake APCs?

if so, how do you tell them apart from a real pair?

Oh and by the way, if i soak the jeans in cold water, how will i get back the shine that dry denim usually has?

Regular Ralf Dry Selvage

Edited by qwerty on Apr 4, 2006 at 10:18 PM

Guest jeffvyain

just. got. my. APCs.

can't. explain. how. happy. i am.

best jeans i've ever had and i've been in them 15 minutes. i love life.

Guest jeffvyain

took some photos... everyone's seen the specifics so I thought I'd just show the fit, since everyone's different. For those who want to know, I'm 6'1", 162 lbs., and these are a size 28. I usually buy jeans in 30, but my actual waist size (measured) is more like a 32.

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

Edited by jeffvyain on Apr 9, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Quote: took some photos... everyone's seen the specifics so I thought I'd just show the fit, since everyone's different. For those who want to know, I'm 6'1", 162 lbs., and these are a size 28. I usually buy jeans in 30, but my actually waist size (measured) is more like a 32.

Nice Topsiders. And those are what... Cures?

quick question:

where in L.A.'s got the best prices / full size range of APCs? looking for new standards, probs, and i'll be there next weekend.

i realize that apc.fr has stockists listed, but they don't post phone numbers and i'd rather avoid googling and calling 14 different places with clueless sales clerks...

thanks in advance!

There are no jean stockists in LA. Been checking Barneys for the past month and they still dont have any in stock despite them being shown in the barneys catalog they sent me. My friend had no luck at american rag as it turns out they only sell womens clothing and none of the jeans. Sitiuation normal doesnt carry the jeans only clothing. However I haven't checked hollywood trading company but I doubt they will carry the jeans. I don't see APC selling jeans here in LA since it is the home of the distressed boot cut jean icon_smile_dissapprove.gif.

Quote: However I haven't checked hollywood trading company but I doubt they will carry the jeans. I don't see APC selling jeans here in LA since it is the home of the distressed boot cut jean

Please... L.A. has style. You just aren't looking in the right spots. You have to hunt for what you want. That's half the fun.

Anyway, don't listen to this guy. Hollywwod Trading Co. at Fred Segal in Santa Monica has a full size run of pretty much every style of A.P.C. as well as Juian Red, Nudie, etc. Good luck.

Quote:
Quote: However I haven't checked hollywood trading company but I doubt they will carry the jeans. I don't see APC selling jeans here in LA since it is the home of the distressed boot cut jean

Please... L.A. has style. You just aren't looking in the right spots. You have to hunt for what you want. That's half the fun.

Anyway, don't listen to this guy. Hollywwod Trading Co. at Fred Segal in Santa Monica has a full size run of pretty much every style of A.P.C. as well as Juian Red, Nudie, etc. Good luck.

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Apr 9, 2006 11:41 AM

thanks tragic - HTC was my best guess, too, esp. 'cause that guy posts here somewhat regularly. depending on prices, i may end up just trying things on to get my size dialed in and then ordering from mauro...

cheers!

Quote:
Quote:

i wear a sz. 28 waist in apc cure, i was just wondering what size i would wear in nudies jeans?i was considering the rr or the ss

--- Original message by anthonyh02 on Apr 7, 2006 09:16 PM

29. i'm 29 in apc rescues and do 30 reg ralf no problem.

--- Original message by poly800rock on Apr 9, 2006 01:46 PM

I'm also a 29 in rescues (raw) -- could probably squeeze into a 28 (if they had them) -- what size would this translate to in Helmut Lang (raw, washed) and Dior (raw, washed)?

now when you guys talk about sizing down for apcs...

what size are you referring too..

im a true 32 waist

so would i ask for a pair that measures out to be a true 28/29

or a 28/29 in APC sizing

cause from reading the thread...ive been hearing APC sizing is all over the place

Quote:

now when you guys talk about sizing down for apcs...

what size are you referring too..

im a true 32 waist

so would i ask for a pair that measures out to be a true 28/29

or a 28/29 in APC sizing

cause from reading the thread...ive been hearing APC sizing is all over the place

--- Original message by ngbetter11 on Apr 9, 2006 10:07 PM

I'm a true 32, and I'm rocking 29 rescues now -- could probably fit into 28s