APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally was able to do all the buttons on my NS. I notice my right leg is a bit twisted counter-clockwise, is this normal? It kindda bothers me, but I did a bit of searching here and looks like the twist is actually desierable... lol...

Edited by ayn on Mar 21, 2006 at 11:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah my right outseam is twisted as well, about 60 degrees counterclockwise.

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Mar 21, 2006 08:00 PM

Cool, mine is twisted the same direction and by about the amount... interesting...

Edited by ayn on Mar 21, 2006 at 11:22 PM

so do i cold wash them when i juz bought the jeans or wear them until after a long while..

coz i read some peeps said tat best is cold wash to shrink the jeans size and the fade marks wun move if u do so...or smth like tat... will it affect the contrast of the breaking in if u cold wash when u juz buy the jeans?? in this case apc..

Quote:

so do i cold wash them when i juz bought the jeans or wear them until after a long while..

coz i read some peeps said tat best is cold wash to shrink the jeans size and the fade marks wun move if u do so...or smth like tat... will it affect the contrast of the breaking in if u cold wash when u juz buy the jeans?? in this case apc..

--- Original message by smallkuku on Mar 23, 2006 05:52 AM

U dUn NeEd 2 cOld wsh DeM sHitS. dEm sHitS B sAnFoRIseD.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Lars on Mar 23, 2006 06:17 AM

i dun quite get u icon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gif

Hey I have some questions

I am a 30x30 in the jeans I have now, they are just regular low rise slim straight leg from Urban Outfitters

The 30 waist is a little tight on me, what size should I get in A.P.C's?

I am lookin at the Men's Tight Jeans, or maybe the Unisex jeans, or the New Standard jeans

I dont want skin tight jeans but i do like them to be fitted, not baggy

Any help on sizing would be greatly appreciated, I would prefer a low rise jean

and I am about 5'6 127

are those 30x30 true to size? can you measure your waist/hip? If you're a true 30w I think you need 25 or 26 in APC.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i dun quite get u icon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gif

--- Original message by smallkuku on Mar 23, 2006 06:26 AM

pwned?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by smallkuku on Mar 23, 2006 06:26 AM

dOod, spEak pROpa ENgrIsh.

as for A L, a waist 27 will be "nut-shrinking" tight at first. No cause for worry, keep wearing them and they will stretch to a 30.

---

Anyone else got red marks or bruises around the hip bones from breaking in APC NS'? It's been about 5 days and they've stretched out some, but not nearly as much as some said... I hope they'll stretch another inch by next weekend. :)

Guest jeffvyain

i'm definitely planning to get some APC new standards soon. I'm planning on getting some 27s, as I am normally a 30. My only question is: how long will the inseam be? I've read quite a bit into this, and I don't think there's been a straight answer...maybe because there isn't one?

I think the inseams are all 34", you will have to get them hemmed, but with dry jeans, you can just cut them and hem them back, there is no need to re-attach the original hem... I got mine hemmed to around 32.5" for about $10... denim bar can also hem them for you for like $16, it's better to get it done in person though, IMO...

Edited by ayn on Mar 27, 2006 at 06:48 PM

Quote:

I think the inseams are all 36", you will have to get them hemmed, but with dry jeans, you can just cut them and hem them back, there is no need to re-attach the original hem... I got mine hemmed to around 32.5" for about $10... denim bar can also hem them for you for like $16, it's better to get it done in person though, IMO...

--- Original message by ayn on Mar 27, 2006 01:09 PM

Just remember to either soak them first or make sure the hem is left long enough so once they do shrink you wont be stuck with highwaters. My APC's shrank about 2" in length after their soak.

Quote:
Quote:

I think the inseams are all 36", you will have to get them hemmed, but with dry jeans, you can just cut them and hem them back, there is no need to re-attach the original hem... I got mine hemmed to around 32.5" for about $10... denim bar can also hem them for you for like $16, it's better to get it done in person though, IMO...

--- Original message by ayn on Mar 27, 2006 01:09 PM

Just remember to either soak them first or make sure the hem is left long enough so once they do shrink you wont be stuck with highwaters. My APC's shrank about 2" in length after their soak.

--- Original message by Jetta on Mar 27, 2006 02:34 PM

Woah! Lucky that I haven't started to wear mine yet. I need to soak them so the honeycombs don't end up in the wrong place??

Quote: Just remember to either soak them first or make sure the hem is left long enough so once they do shrink you wont be stuck with highwaters. My APC's shrank about 2" in length after their soak.

really? 2" from the inseam? which pair of APCs? i know im gonna have to get my rescues hemmed, but didn't think they would shrink after soak by much @ all. i heard 1/4-1/2 inch anyone confirm?

Lars, I would definately recommend soaking first, that way there is no worry that the wear will end up in some weird place. The legs on mine didn't twist much, but the honeycomb area most definately changed where it was a little. Of course if you plan on never washing them this isnt a concern, but I tend to not baby my jeans over time so once they are broken in they will get machine washed when needed.

Stev1ous, I have the hipsters. The waist shrank just under 1/2" once soaked, but the inseam shrank from 36" to 34" post soak.

Guest jeffvyain

i guess i was under the impression that sanforized denim wouldn't shrink that much. thanks for the info though. i definitely will not be needing a hem. 34" is about as short as i can take them

I soaked mine in the hottest water that would come out of my tap. Steaming. The didn't shrink at all in the waist, and the length shrank MAYBE a quarter of an inch.

Don't soak them, just rock them. They'll be fine as long as when you DO wash them you don't wash them in the machine. Just let them soak and then rinse them. Hang dry them inside out. And beware the sun when hang drying. The faster denim dries, the more it tends to shrink up.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Quote:

I soaked mine in the hottest water that would come out of my tap. Steaming. The didn't shrink at all in the waist, and the length shrank MAYBE a quarter of an inch.

Don't soak them, just rock them. They'll be fine as long as when you DO wash them you don't wash them in the machine. Just let them soak and then rinse them. Hang dry them inside out. And beware the sun when hang drying. The faster denim dries, the more it tends to shrink up.

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Mar 27, 2006 05:26 PM

I'll go with this one. Thanks for the heads up on the drying process. I didn't know that.

I thought I would show some pictures of my approximately one month old APC Cures.

They are a 27 waist but were still rather loose. I wore them for a while then got the waist taken in by I think a little over an inch. They were a bit tight when I got them back but they quickly loosened up. Beyond the tiny bit of loosening which allowed me to wear them comfortably, they have stretched a surprisingly small amount in the waist.

apc21.jpg

apc22.jpg

apc23.jpg

looks like most of the APC's right legs are twisted like that, mine is the same way... I wonder why...

a question...

i am considering buying the APC men's faded black straight jeans, as on APC's website at: http://www.apc.fr/eu/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C021012237H

my waist size is 30, and i already have a pair of raw APC new standards in 28. they fit perfectly.

am i correct to assume that the 'sizing-down' rule only applies to APC raw denim, and that i should order my correct size (30) in the faded black straight jeans? or should i still order a 28, like i did with my new standards?

also, is anyone able to confirm that the APC jeans i have mentioned above are the same as those in the below linked photos...? (from sXXXe's 'what are you wearing today' post a while back...)

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9693/aa41de.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9397/aa33bi.jpg

thanks in advance! :)

http://www.myspace.com/eleventhhereacheslondon

http://www.myspace.com/fooltheworld