Top 10 European Cities.

eatbiscuits

• 3 weeks later...

1. Berlin - Best city in the World (or Europe at least)... wicked! When you find yourself in a mad party in a bunker from 1945, 3 floors under the street, you'll see what's a city!

2. Oporto - Most beautiful city in Europe

3. Prague

4. Bratislava - Most beautiful women in the world

5. Barcelona

Lisbon

Budapest

Firenze

Paris - but only in the right mood...

London

Copenhagen was fun until the police fucked up Christiana. but beautiful city nonetheless.

I know, but allthough 'Pusher Street' is gone they nevertheless still smoke a lot of ganja.

This is a bit OT but the people in Christiania made their own t-shirts and sweatshirts saying: 'Keep Christiania' , pretty nice IMO

denmark is awful... it's boring and the weather is terrible as well.

Christiania loses its novelty once you've been in amsterdam

Berlin sucks too because it's "little north america" (occupation does this). the only thing berlin has good stuff of is clubs/music scene.

The cities you want to see are Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, Antwerp, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Ljubljana, Florence, Rome, and Athens. Enjoy your trip !

I haven't been everywhere, but I've seen enough to say that my favorite city is Munich and I don't see how any place in all of Europe could ever beat Rothenburg.

Hi, i'm also going to Europe in the beginning of January.

Here are 2 of my finalists:

1) Copenhagen

2) Prague

Where would you go if you were me and why?

with the following priorities in mind [friendly vibe, food, shopping, all around fun and good looking women].

For a full-out official Copenhagen guide:

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/

But in my oppinion the only place to go for shopping is the big shoppingstreet just besides "RÃ¥dhuspladsen". There you will find everything even nice food and good looking girls.

For the more mall-like experience go to "Fields" or "Fisketorvet" where you will also find nice food and a lot of shopping.

denmark is awful... it's boring and the weather is terrible as well.

Christiania loses its novelty once you've been in amsterdam

Berlin sucks too because it's "little north america" (occupation does this). the only thing berlin has good stuff of is clubs/music scene.

The cities you want to see are Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, Antwerp, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Ljubljana, Florence, Rome, and Athens. Enjoy your trip !

So you are saying that the weather in Holland is better or ?

Where did I mention anything about Winter only ?

We are talking all year around, and nevertheless i would rather have a snowy winter than a rainy winter.

But different oppinions I guess.

Where did I mention anything about Winter only ?

We are talking all year around, and nevertheless i would rather have a snowy winter than a rainy winter.

But different oppinions I guess.

the poster wishes to travel to europe in december/january. Amsterdam has better clubs... (paradiso, melkweg, enough said) and friendlier people ! Danes are much more introverted than Dutch !

the poster wishes to travel to europe in december/january. Amsterdam has better clubs... (paradiso, melkweg, enough said) and friendlier people ! Danes are much more introverted than Dutch !

Still I guess its all down to the oppinions, you are up for Holland and im up for Denmark.

Nuff' said.

If your idea of a good holiday is lots of sex, drugs and alcohol, come to Brighton. Double points if you're gay and looking for sex, drugs and alcohol. You won't find anywhere with more bars and clubs per capita anywhere in the UK, and I believe it's second only to London for shops per capita.

Asides from that, Krakow and Prague are two awesome places of both culture and obscenely good (and obscenely cheap) beer.

As to Amsterdam, it was cool but:

a) Beer is small, expensive, is poured with an obscenely large head and almost everywhere I went insisted on table service.

B) A cup of tea is invariably some herbal/flavoured bullshit, and waiters invariably look at you as if you're weird for wanting milk in your bullshit.

c) Since when did toilets in shopping centres charge you to piss?

d) If you're not about to be run over by a maniac driver, you're about to be run over by a tram. If not a tram, some maniac on a bike who thinks that pressing on their bell is a better idea than pressing on their brakes.

e) The Red Light district is shit. Full of hundreds of drunk working class English assholes, drug dealers and American frat boys pretending they can hook up with hotter girls than hot Dutch hookers (and there are some fucking hot ones). Worth going just to go to the Casa Rosso, which was a hilarious experience. Take your girlfriend there for sure.

zagreb, bucharest, sarajevo, kiev, chisinau, minsk, riga, skopje, hounslow, tirana, and last but best, belgrade.

-Very eclectic assortment. Only one I would contest would be Bucharest. It is an incredibly depressing city; widely considered one of the worst in Eastern Europe.

Brasov would be my recommendation if your passing though Romania. It is largely free of tourists. Has great, inexpensive restaurants, some amazing landmarks (such as the Black Church), a cool 'old town', etc etc.

Just my 2 cents. (oh yeah, a good pint is about 15 cents there.)

If your idea of a good holiday is lots of sex, drugs and alcohol, come to Brighton. Double points if you're gay and looking for sex, drugs and alcohol. You won't find anywhere with more bars and clubs per capita anywhere in the UK, and I believe it's second only to London for shops per capita.

Asides from that, Krakow and Prague are two awesome places of both culture and obscenely good (and obscenely cheap) beer.

As to Amsterdam, it was cool but:

a) Beer is small, expensive, is poured with an obscenely large head and almost everywhere I went insisted on table service.

B) A cup of tea is invariably some herbal/flavoured bullshit, and waiters invariably look at you as if you're weird for wanting milk in your bullshit.

c) Since when did toilets in shopping centres charge you to piss?

d) If you're not about to be run over by a maniac driver, you're about to be run over by a tram. If not a tram, some maniac on a bike who thinks that pressing on their bell is a better idea than pressing on their brakes.

e) The Red Light district is shit. Full of hundreds of drunk working class English assholes, drug dealers and American frat boys pretending they can hook up with hotter girls than hot Dutch hookers (and there are some fucking hot ones). Worth going just to go to the Casa Rosso, which was a hilarious experience. Take your girlfriend there for sure.

(a) They pay people for a reason !

(B) It's because you're an English tourist...

© I actually don't mind as it ensures a clean toilet facility. I would rather pay 50 euro cent to pee in a nice place than pee while knee deep in shit for free. i think it's a fair regulation...

(d) I am one of those ringers... and it's because you tourists don't know how bicycle paths work ! the red brick is not for walking, it's for bicycles ! Respect bicycles and their right of way !

(e) The Red Light District sucks, it's like disneyland, and to clarify most of those prostitutes aren't dutch but in fact mostly eastern european immigrants, and yes they are suprisingly beautiful !

dude,

are these answers helping, entertaining, confusing, or what?

i doubt any SFers have been to every city.

if they're shouting out cities they have visited,

that doesn't say much for whether you'd enjoy those places.

the languages you speak, cultures that interest you, extracurricular activities you may pursue - these factor into your trip more than whether some SFer likes BerlinX10 or London4evuh. I spent a vacation traveling throughout Spain on a mostly unplanned trip, that included seeing local bullfights, flamenco, guitar makers, loads of paella... But maybe that's not for you.

If you tell us what you like, maybe we can offer information that better suits your needs.

(d) I am one of those ringers... and it's because you tourists don't know how bicycle paths work ! the red brick is not for walking, it's for bicycles ! Respect bicycles and their right of way !

Well that explains a lot. Holland and Belgium seems obsessed with making roads as unclear as possible by refusing to use any paint whatsoever. Round here we have big fuck off bicycle signs and lanes marked out for bicycles. Actually I read once that the UK has more road markings and stuff than anywhere else in the world, which combined with the fact that in the UK pedestrians always have right of way (except for on the motorway) probably explains why we mill around like... uh, things that mill around.

As to the toilets, they need to make the damn things take Visa cards. And not have a giant alarm go off when you accidentally push the turnstile. It took me a good couple of days to learn not to spend all my 50 cent pieces on tiny glasses of beer. Actually by that point we'd discovered happy hour back at the Hans Brinker Hostel (population 95% English students as far as I could tell).

Round here we have big fuck off bicycle signs and lanes marked out for bicycles. Actually I read once that the UK has more road markings and stuff than anywhere else in the world, which combined with the fact that in the UK pedestrians always have right of way (except for on the motorway) probably explains why we mill around like... uh, things that mill around.

that shit amaze me every time i visit London ;)

lookwe7.jpg

and i totally agree with you on the paying for the toilet thing. i'm actually don't mind paying for it if it's a public restroom (in the street or a train station), but i have a really big problem paying for it when i'm in a shop or a shopping mall. it's just really bad service to make ppl pay when they are customers. another thing that pissed me off about amsterdam is that McDonald make you pay 50 cents for fucking ketchup, which is free everywhere else in the world, that's really outrageous...