fabric variables that cause fades...

viv1984viv

Ok so I was getting abit off topic in the pbj thread and so looked through the search results for vertical falling but they all seemed abit vague and meandered off point.

I have 2 pairs of jeans, ive worn, howies and apc, both with redline selvedge.

My howies got me into quality denim and although started off black and bled like a bitch, now they're kinda old, but have beautiful vertical streaky fades ( they didnt appear slubby at first ). Wanting the same effect I bought some apc's, they are fading but certainly not streaky ( and non of the faded ones of seen on the evolution thread have had vertical falling ). Miz told me apc's are rope dyed and from how my howies behave im assuming they are too.

So what should one look for when reading on rakuten about the denim?

What characteristics create vertical falling?

I know eternals tend to, but why?

Is the difference just that consistent weaves produce less vertical falling?

e.g. bigger waft threads ( inconsistently sized waft threads ) in the strata stick up more and this over time creates veritcal falling?

I know ring ring once said fades have infintie variables but if anyone has an idea as to why certain brands ( e.g. eternal ) have a tendence to produce more vertical falling than others please contribute.

VERTICAL FADING from www.denim-gallery.heavy.jp "color falling laboratory"

Vertical falling

When talking the color falling of ヴィンテージジーンズ and the replica jeans, not being able to miss

It is the shield falling.

Here, the vertical falling we would like to try thinking, whether it is expressed with one some principle of.

If you mention the vertical falling, as the white line enters vertically, it means the thing of the color falling which is visible, but

It probably means that why such color falling is expressed? You can think two primary factors in the vertical falling.

It is thickness of warp and the dispersion of dyeing.

When there is a dispersion in thickness of warp, it can designate rugged as the denim cloth to weave.

(As for the cause rugged being possible there is also a power loom)

When and the jeans of this kind of cloth which has rugged are worn

The convex section (the thick part) the concave section (the thin part) a stronger tension catches,

It means that the color falling of the convex section keeps advancing first.

In addition, because there is a dispersion in thickness, the dispersion occurs even in dyeing.

We are related to the dispersion of dyeing deeply even in strength of twist of the thread,

The thread whose twist is strong (it is strong the twist yarn), the indigo to dye being to become difficult to the center of the thread

So in the thread which is not also advance of the color falling is different from the thread whose twist is strong.

fob_f190_mimiup.jpg

These kind of two primary factors are piled up, color remains and the time where difference of the る part becomes clear it is the case that the vertical falling is expressed.

Using properly the warp of no type thing thickness to random, it seems that is also some which aimed for the vertical falling in the replica jeans.

As for the jeans where you can see the excessive vertical falling such jeans are many, is.

It is something wherethis is calledthe generally known structure denim

my eternals are showing more vertical falling then they are normal wear. It just seems to show up faster, and is getting more noticeable every day. The denim definitely feels different from my other jeans, it was described as "rugged feeling" in another thread i saw.

skull jeans, yeah, I remember the pics of worn ones that looked streaky.

I wonder why ryu mentioned specifically the edwin 503s, do different edwins have different fabrics??

I guess thicker warps would also make sense, and it would show lines af falling where the indigo comes off each threads surface.

Is the skull 6x6 denim thicker warps? Would one be right to presume they might have more vertical falling than other skull jeans?

ddml, those few post by you have taught me alot, thanks, also I took myth of sisyphus of of the library today.

• 3 months later...

does any one know if left/right twill make a difference in how defined the vertical falling is. i was just looking at the contest samurai page and there seems to be a bit of this happening, but on my samurais, left hand, it is happening only a little bit.

I wonder why ryu mentioned specifically the edwin 503s, do different edwins have different fabrics??

i have posted this before but i got my cousin the 503 edwins have very pronounced vertical fading. he does not wear them hard but after the second wash, washes every 1-2 weeks, they looked quite streaky

does any one know if left/right twill make a difference in how defined the vertical falling is. i was just looking at the contest samurai page and there seems to be a bit of this happening, but on my samurais, left hand, it is happening only a little bit.

I remember hearing left hand twill is suppose to have more vertical falling, not sure exactly why though.

i have posted this before but i got my cousin the 503 edwins have very pronounced vertical fading. he does not wear them hard but after the second wash, washes every 1-2 weeks, they looked quite streaky

i can concur. i have a pair of one-wash 503 blue trip. not worn hard (maybe twice a week since august), washed 3 times, pretty streaky

Front:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4018/img1495hz7.jpg

Back:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2720/img1494yx3.jpg

I thought LHT had a less defined fade than RHT, that if you wanted an ubercontrasty fade you should go for RHT, that said I have seen some beautiful LHT fades, they just look more vintage and natural.